View Single Post
Old 15-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
thekovac
Starter Motor

Default Scammer from FS Section - BEWARE!

Hi all,

Just thought I'd warn you of a potential scammer emailing sellers in the Sales Yard.

I recently put up a listing for a Lightning strike FG bonnet & mirror and got an email from a "Evarest Marthins" saying that they have the parts I require.

I sent back an email asking about the location of the item and the colour and I got back a very suspicious email:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scammer
I have been trying to give you a call, but to no avail, If you can
call me pls do, here is my # 703 594 0629, I do have an ash colour
Falcon FG RHS bonnet in a mint condition, Parts is located in
Blackpool UK, I'm asking 120GBP for it plus shipping, Shipping is in
2-4 working days via UPS or FedEx whichever you prefer, I'll accept
payment via Western Union as my paypal is currently not in use, let me
know if this is okay by you, thewn we start from there.

Many thanks and regards,
Evarest.
There's a few things that tell me this is a scam
1) Besides all else, the falcon is an Australian only built car - why would their be parts for it in the UK? Ash was never a FG colour anyway.
2) Bad grammar & spelling
3) Claiming that they have tried to call me. My number is clearly listed and I received no missed calls.
4) The real kicker - wanting payment via Western union and not through Paypal. Firstly I would not pay with Paypal for a large item like this, but even so, Western Union is completely un-reversible and carries no protection.

So guys just a warning to be careful. Avoid paying with Western union or any form of payment that's untrackable and unreversible.

If any mod could remove the email address from my WTB ad - I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
- TheKovac

thekovac is offline   Reply With Quote