View Single Post
Old 17-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #112
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l
thinking of going solar good info here thanks everyone...but as a retired plumber(not my choice caring for sick wife) i am surprised there is no mention of heat pump hws's these are eligable for rec's replace a std mains hws work 24 hrs a day cost similar to a solar hws but without the extra plumbing and roof support and are nearly as efficiant as solar

I dont reckon you could go wrong with solar, particularly as the price is dropping so rapidly and power costs rising....

my son has the solar hot water but I don't know anything about them....heat pumps .......well I just learnt a heap thanks to stagg1991

I will wait and see what my power bill is then I may look at some sort of water heating

glad the info is of some help to you!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote