View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: AU tuning options

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuleh
system: J3 chip
Pro's: Much like the Xcal3 system. Chip plugs into the ECU. Can store multiple tunes. Tunes can be selected on the fly provided the switch is hooked up with it. Chip is cheaper then the Xcal3. ($120 for the actual chip i believe).

Con's: Perhaps not as many tuners use this compared with other alternatives

Also, i looked into this which was i could get the j3 chip pre custom tuned. All i needed to supply was a dyno printout, list of mods and other small details like smartshield/smartlock, series 1,2,3 etc. The tuner could then take all this into account, look at the dyno sheet and pre tune the chip. This is A LOT CHEAPER then a custom dyno tune, but obviously wont yield the same results as the custom dyno tune. but a tune on a budget this would be a great way to go.
^^^ THIS

J3 is also not going to ask you to purchase the updated model after a certain period of time either so you have no fear of your tuning unit being obsolete or out of date. Support for the unit is here in Australia too.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont