View Single Post
Old 26-01-2005, 04:29 PM   #11
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
honestly who would want a big v8 in the UK look at their petrol prices is rediculous
and thats why 80% of the population either have a 4 banger or take public transport..
I agree on that quote.

As for the hipe of selling more GTO Pontiac badged Monaro's. These blokes need to do a trip over and drive for over a month through over 40 different states and 12,000+ miles then tell me how many they see on the road. I saw none.There was quite a few Chrysler X/fires& P/T cruisers. ButTuarus's, Sabels,Maxima's,Hondas & Camery's were the most common passager cars on the roads & they were well out numbered buy the SUV's.

Plus I read a artical that GM in America wants to take the manufacturing of the Monaro's,Statemans & Utes of Australia and export them back & around the world badged as Holdens, Chev's, Buicks & Pontiac's.Maybe because the US build crap passanger cars nowday's. If this happens and is succesful who knows the Aussie arm of Ford might end up getting a model of the premium (e.g Fairlane,LTD)ford models built over there and exported back & around the world badged as Mercury's or Crowns.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote