View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #342
Not-So
Starter Motor

Post Re: LS Focus fault register

Month/year build: LX (Upgrade) Jan '08 (Automatic)
KM at fault: 75,000ish
Fault: Speed Limited Mode/Engine Systems Fault
Fixed: Waiting to take to service dept on Thurs.

I'd literally had the car 2 weeks (exactly) on Saturday, so I'm super angry!

Saturday night was driving to my brother's place (about an hour away from my place) and about 10-15 minutes down the highway I came out of a 60km/h zone into a 90km/h zone, I flicked my cruise control off (due to silly woman in front; driving like a moron) and as I went to accelerate up to 90 I had the little red warning light and "Speed Limited Mode" show and couldn't accelerate. I pulled the car over into the emergency lane and as I was almost at a complete stop I looked down again and it said "Engine Systems Fault."

The engine light itself wasn't on, just the little red light in the middle. After sitting there looking through the manual (which said to switch off ignition immediately and get it to Ford ASAP) I decided to try and turn the car over to see which lights came on and what it said.
It turned over fine and no lights/messages came up, so I decided to turn around and drive it home. On the way back I accelerated quickly, braked really hard and just drove all sorts of ways to see if there was anything different, but the car drove perfectly.

The next day I took it for a quick run to the shops (20 min total) and again, everything was fine. I'm taking it into the dealership on Thursday morning to see if they know what caused it, but I was wondering if anyone here had any idea. I was hitting the cruise control buttons quite quickly in succession (hit the wrong one and had to correct). I thought this might have confused the computer and caused it to 'trip' as such.

Last edited by Not-So; 04-07-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Not-So is offline   Reply With Quote