View Single Post
Old 27-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #259
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 
Default Re: MEANXBCOUPE engine build up.

hey,

well the car passed its engineering tests a month ago, and after waiting a month for the engineers certificate, last monday we took the car down to Wollongong for its final RTA inspection, i was hoping for a clear day but instaed we got heavy rain ( no hail but) and flash flooding.
The fellow who was on the news who stepped into a storm water drain and drowned was only the next suburb away. it really did pour down!

our new trailer towed great behind my brothers turbo deisel Navara

Unfortunatley the drivers side footwell in the coupe got a bit wet, to be expected i suppose.

There was some small paperwork issues to be sorted out and i regoed the car there and then with stock plates.

We came back to Camden and unloaded the coupe while the rain held off, then went down to the local RTA to pick up the custom plates....

So taking a leaf from my user name here, meet

MEANXB

so, from memory.

1.engineers certificate $1500
2. first blue slip $58
3. body number and RTA inspections. $58
4. second blue slip $97.50.
5. rego and tax $491
6. CTP $443.16
7. plate order fee $110
8. number plates $441
9. weigh bridge ticket $25.

So i have done about 20 miles in the car on Wednesday, then put in on chassis stands again so i could pull out the exhaust bungs i put in for rego!

it was the only way around the noise issue.

Saturday rolls around and i had to work all day. When i got home my son was super keen to go for a spin in the coupe!. Awesome, he has been a little shy of the car every time its started, must be the noise.
So we packed up some warm clothes ( incase it was a long wait for a tilt tray if we broke down) loaded up Lachlans car seat and away we went.
down the hume highway to liverpool and right onto cumberland highway to Harry's Cafe de Wheels.

It was a good drive, i was watching all the gauges like a hawk!. Oil pressure...check!. Fuel level.....check!. Temp....check!, all good!

We arrived at Harrys about 7.30pm and the joint was packed. We didnt know then, but it was the 2nd anniversary at the mega mall Harry's is located in. Fireworks, hotdogs and car spotting was the order of the night. The police attended due to the large number of cars, they directed traffic and shuffled on any unwanted dropkicks pulling skids in mums car.

We forgot to pack a camera so no photos, we did see three other coupes 1 apollo blue XB ,a burnt orange XB and a blaze(?) blue XA, turns out we know the owners of the XA, old NSW coupe club members.....

A few small issues with the coupe, the rear spring rate is too low and may be a shock rebound/bound adjustment is required. Also the diff is going to be changed ASAP, lockers suck. Now looking at a Tru-Trac 31 spline.
The biggest issue has been the blower gearbox pressurising and oil dribbling from the snout. might have to vent it and do a seal swap or something..

After we got home with no issues, it occured to me. 16 years ago I made the exact same journey but in the opposite direction when i brought the car, the previous owner lived up the road from Harry's (pre Harry's), it was the only other time i had driven it (game to drive it!) before I stripped it......... Fate?????

SEE YA OUT ON THE ROADS

Limetime Green '74 XB Coupe- Classic not Plastic.

Blueprint '02 Pursuit 250- Plastic not Classic (yet)

Venom '01 AUII Rebel- RIP. Gone to a better place.

Winter White '12 FG GT 335 R-Spec - something the wife thrashes daily

'05 CRF450X- For getting dirty in the, um, dirt.
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote