View Single Post
Old 25-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #40
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
HMMMM . OK . WHAT MORE CAN WE DO . bring back the cane at school, lock up teens for the night who cause trouble, throw people in jail for not having a licence- not just after they have killed someone, advertise on TV that stupidity behind the wheel KILLS , NOT just speed and alcohol . RESPECT POLICE and be feerfull of them not have them call us sir and madam . dont tolerate bad behaviour in society . offend more than once and you;'ll go to a home or jail , after all this yes it will still happen
how many people are living on cocaine in society , and how unspoken about is it ,society instead of feeling sorry for them should be calling them crims and have no mercy, i asked a young person at work how prevailent drug use is in society today , his reply was his girlfriend is the only person he has ever met since being 14 that has never tried drugs . and he doesnt mean gunjja. parents are more to blame than anyone i think , but why have parents been allowed to allow this nonsense in society .
there is a real answer to WHAT MORE CAN WE DO . my best mate resigned from the force , because he slapped a person wwho spit on him . this person had jusrt bashed an elderly person in public . the offender got let off because my mate hit him , and my mate faced assualt chrges,after he's fellow officers dobbed him in and defended the offender he resigned in disgrace,he then worked for DOCS and told them to jam the job after 3 months because the system protected heroin atticks with kids, even abusive ones , while holding back honest people wanting to adopt children .
forgive my rant . but FFS heaps more can be done .

No need for forgiveness....

Like you said it all boils down to society itself who stopped caring in the main about where we are headed.
Police these days cant give you kick up the **** anymore... why?
I understand the difference between "abuse" and slapping someone who deserved a dressing down because they were mouthing off.

Crims these days are let free when its painfully obvious they have done wrong against society.

Parents (those who actually stay together) both work and spend little time with their kids, their excuse is they are too busy trying to make ends meet (sometimes living well beyond their means)

we all seem hell bent on blaming others or the "nannny state" excuse.
Alcohol and drug abuse is on the increase (every supermarket now has a bottle shop, when decades ago they werent allowed.) Watch how many people pushing kids in trolleys load it up with booze. This child is now conditioned to drink alcohol even if his parents dont allow them to do so.
20yrs ago it was the male who went to the drive-through by himself.....

Parents bad behaviour in front of their kids means their kids get the idea its ok to do the same. Watch that Highway Patrol or The Force and youll see what i mean.

Most people drink because they are most probably depressed. This can easily be seen at how violent they become when drunk (or they also pop a few pills as well).

I sure we have all gotten drunk while younger and driven home. I did and there was no excuse for it. Ill admit that. One night I actually rode a push bike home and dont even remember how i got home and recall running into a parked car. After that wake up call i decided to change my ways.

However some people never want to learn from their mistakes or even realise they have made a mistake.. They just keep doing the same things over and over.... and never learn.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote