View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
NevC
Red Back Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD
Hi all,

2. Politicians are hostage to popularity and, in consequence, will enact any law that they see as being "popular". In some places this has resulted in the attachment of "aids" to the windscreen being unlawful, fortunately in Oz not yet (So far as I know) but I'm waiting.
My grandson was booked for having his GPS centre of windscreen. This was in Bendigo, and as a P Plater lost points for nothing other than a normal fitting of a GPS. So in my opinion, you only need a pedantic, (for want of an unpublishable description) policeman and any of us could get booked.

Further to this I hate power leads hanging over the dash.
I agree on it being more convenient on the window. The Territory had inbuilt GPS, which Mondeo do not have, and the voice command was all that was needed to navigate successfully. So having the unit lower does not appear to me to be more than a minor inconvenience.

Good argument though, this is what forums are all about
BF XR6 Ute, July 2006 build, Seduce, Sports Bars, F6 CAI with K&N Filter, Turbo Upper Snorkel and Terri Air Pipe, Custom Cat Back Exhaust, 3.23 LSD, Lower Grille, Auto Glass, Bluetooth, iPod interface, Tie Downs, Analogue Clock, LED Mods

Hers 2011 SV6 Sports wagon, she has crossed to the dark side of the force.
NevC is offline   Reply With Quote