View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #57
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueses
If your so anti-revenue raising.. there is one simple, basic answer to all you numbskulls..

DON'T SPEED.. you won't get a fine and they won't raise revenue.

its so fricken simple.

What an over simplistic view. :
Whilst it is all very well and good for the true believers to champion the new piggy banks as some sort of conduit to protect their own stupidity; others are able to see them for what they are. For example, we have had the road toll increase as a result of cameras, and the number of rear-end accidents has trebled around these cameras. How could this be the dummies may ask? Well, could have something to do with motorists taking eyes off the road to concentrate on their speedo's to avoid tickets. Now I don't know about you, but I think someone who may go 5-10km/h over the limit but watches the road is a little safer than someone who is obsessed with watching their speedo to prevent a ticket; ignorant of their surroundings.

But what would I know? I only drive something that weighs over 400 tonne at over 950km/h. Unlike your average motorist, I spent an absolute fortune and many years perfecting my motoring skills, especially being able to take all info in at once whilst still maintaining visual minimums. Honestly people, stop being so gullible and swallowing the government scare. If speed killed then no one would fly anywhere as we'd all be dead, race car drivers would die every day, no one would have went to the moon or explored space etc etc. You should question the motives of government especially when they have been all but useful.

Quote: