View Single Post
Old 21-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #20
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau351
Yeh I know your not taking a shot at me save it for the dyno, a mate got one of those distributors it idled at 10 degress and totaled at 60 degress just great, I still run an XC distributor old and dirty but works fine with the MSD. I would still give a carbie a go I just worry about it being to lean on the top end and since I have 12.7 to 1 I dont want to have a melt down.
Good old faithfull !!!!! Those electronic XC dizzys were great for what they were !! Even the factory XE dizzys were a very good "factory component". I almost guarantee the projunk will let you down. And just for arguments sake....if you spent a crap load of money on an engine and just because the carb was "not doing its job" and burns out valves or in a worst case senario....puts a hole in the piston or melts rings, because it runs lean at top end......you will not get a warranty claim in ! :
But on another note...i must appologise for the change in subject..this thread started off on a good note with some excellent numbers from your ute, and ive sort of changed it into a bitc$ing session. Bring on dyno day May 3rd !!! You and i will fly the clevo flag high and crush the hearts of the crumpledoor clan ! : And hopefully Neil will have his XY ready soon, and i have to slot his engine back together with his new goodies that he has bought during the past couple of weeks...he will also be displaying some good numbers!!!!! :
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote