View Single Post
Old 18-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Lowndes is not disappointing to me, he is unlucky which is disappointing. I have never seen a driver that attracts the rough end of a pineapple like he does. Unfortunately now, his best days are behind him and a big chunk of those days were wasted by Ford. What a waste of the best talent this sport has seen since PB.
I know it is not touring cars but surely Mark Webber wins the prize for a great talent with the worst luck (mainly his choice of teams). He could have gone to Renault instead of Red Bull and Alonso has just won two in a row.

How good was Brock? Good at everything, he could drive, he could nurse a car, he could prepare a car, he could get proper backing at the right time. He was lucky so many times (and I don't say that to denigrate him in any way) by being in the right place at the right time.

He pushed himself a bit too hard after retiring from touring cars, it seems a lack of preparation is what finished him off in the end.

He will be remembered for a very long time and that is a very strong measure of the perception of how good he was.