View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 04:25 PM   #24
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I'm gonna go against the grain from the first few impressions of the ad here and say that I dont like it.

Of late, Holden have been going to tack-o-rama with their ad campaigns for their latest models. Anyone remember the fake yank accents of the Cross 8 on mars ad?? Now this one! It to me just looks unprofessional. Especially for a car that doesn't sell anyways.

Territory ads work because they look like ford has gone to the effort to think about which audience to target. The "amazing" campaign and Alex Lloyd theme is brilliant and works well with the car (As did the New Order theme on the original Falcon ads), and the effects used in the ad are pretty impressive. Just comes across to me as sophisticated and professional where Holden seems to always have some desert yobbo theme or paddock yobbo theme that just doesn't gel with me.
I think their ads would truly hit the target if they were similar to the McCains pizza ads with the cavemen in them. Just give them a flannelette shirt and a mullet cut and whala. Target audience reached.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote