View Single Post
Old 20-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #59
monkeyboy666

Quote:
Spotted two today, one on GWH in Blackheath about 4.15 heading west, and overtaken by another around 4.45 heading east around the top of Lapstone Hill.
I work at RAAF Glenbrook and leave around that time so if it was a thunder hatch then it may have been me - unless you have a complaint about my driving, in which case it wasn't, honest! Theres another Mondeo on base too - a blue ambition hatch - maybe HE was the evil tailgater that Katoombas other half encountered....

Last weekend I filled up at Camden, drove to Penrith then through the mountains, then through Lithgow and Bathurst and spent the night at Orange. Next day went south to Cowra, then down to Yass and back to Camden via the F5. And I still had enough fuel left in the car to do Camden to Glenbrook and back (100km round trip) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

I stupidly forgot to reset my trip computer before I started out so precise figures aren't available but all up managed at least 1200km on the tank - including the stop start Saturday morning traffic through the Blue Mountains. Pretty good I reckon, and as a bonus, diesel dropped 4 cents a litre today at the servo I use at Camden - 181.9 which is nice (194.9 at Orange last week - glad I didn't need any but could just drive smuggly past, with "950km to empty" showing on the dash!)
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote