View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #21
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Haven’t had any issues with mine. Very happy with the purchase and I certainly would not buy a 2nd choice car just because you need something now and you don't think you can or don't want to wait for the car you really want. Beg, borrow or steal something to drive until you can get the car you want. You will never be disappointed if you wait but if you jump into your 2nd choice now you will be kicking yourself in a few months when the diesel hatches are all over the showrooms again.

Comments re the A/C are interesting, If I’m using the A/C I always set it to auto at 21 degrees regardless of the outside temp and I have had many trips home in stop start traffic with the outside temp in the high 30’s and low 40’s and the inside temp set for 21 and I find it performs flawlessly. The dealer mentioned that the A/C was not as good as the Australian cars so I put a digital temp probe into the centre vents and it showed 0.5 degrees which is exactly the same as my territory.

Water in the boot is common on most hatchbacks and has been for decades.

The wipers don’t bother me as I would rather they are neatly tucked away when not in use.

Don’t listen to AM but the radio is rather sensitive to a lack of signal even in FM.

First 3,000 k’s average fuel consumption from day one is 10.0 per 100 at an average speed of 43kph, haven’t reset the TC yet.

Space saver spare! Can’t remember the last time I had to change a tyre, I’d rather have the extra luggage space.

Issues for me are;
Brake pad material is terrible, still hunting for a non-genuine replacement pad.
Rear wiper looks like an afterthought
Factory exhaust tips (XR5) look terrible (mine got fixed at the dealer before I even took delivery, thanks again Andrew)
Oil filter seems to be unique, the Volvo one doesn’t fit! Can’t find a listing by Ryco, so far have had to buy genuine (ouch!)
Parking sensors should be linked to the audio system, but who parks with the radio blasting anyway?
Replacement tyres………… anybody who hasn’t priced the Continentals is in for a shock. Try $640 each!!
Waiting for weather shields to overcome the problem with the washers soaking my arm!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote