View Single Post
Old 18-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #47
Fenix_XR
Flaming Developments

Well Parkes has plenty of accommodation, we swell every year to almost double its size every 2nd weekend of January for the "Annual Elvis Festival", its not that cool and i'm only using it as an example. Parkes is really good for passers through and for things such as that. The streets are fine to park on but all of the motels have enclosed parking...
yes I have spare rooms and by then I might have both fully furnished with renovations occuring hopefully in february...

Depending on numbers of interested parties (apparently there are 450 members on Bseries.com.au now), the venue can be rearranged. the Rugby union football oval gets used by the local car club for its show and shine and looks pretty good, if its really small the Woolworths or Big W car park is good as well (woolies is probably not a viable options though...) if its on a sunday theres definitely the Netball fields/cricket oval (next to the skate park, reminiscent of Wagga wagga) or the Hockey fields which are on the Highway and would attract alot of attention...

as I said, all we have to do is settle and Parkes is your place or we could host elsewhere... I think it'd be really awesome though to do it in Parkes... it doesn't have unsavoury people and the local scenery is pretty good...

I'm happy to keep pleading its case, but Parkes is the "Hub of the Nation". you can get to 80% of Australia's population by road or rail from Parkes in 12hrs or so...

cheers

2014 - Max Power 180 (242hp) @ 5250rpm