View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #72
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First impressions of the car after 24 hours of ownership including a few minor gripes. Big thumbs up to Graeme at Etheridge Ford in Ringwood, the best service I have ever had from a car dealer, he even dropped the car off to me at work so I could have it before the weekend.

1. The power this thing has is fantastic, it storms up hills and is always ready to go. You could almost drive this car skipping 1st and 4th gears all together.
2. The car looks great and the headlights are also very bright, the cabin is also a good place to be at night with all the steering wheel controls working well. The room is plentiful in the back and the hatch space is massive.
3. The clutch is much heavier than on my gfs laser but much lighter than my old Ed was, there is also very little room to rest your foot after you take it off the clutch. A minor oversight but one that can be a little annoying in peak hour traffic.
4. If you can afford the interior bits get them, the quality of the sill plates and the handbrake cover are excellent and finish the car off really well. The let down as mentioned is the gear knob.
5. The standard stereo is quite a good unit, very very basic but the sound is more than passable. I will hook up an mp3 player at some stage.
6. The lighting in the rear of the focus is non existent, unless I am missing something. Has anyone put lights in the back? Even the hatch lighting is poor.
7. The middle storage compartment is tiny, I cant even fit my phone in there, lol time to get a smaller phone I think.
8. Did I mention the power in this thing?
9. The car sticks to the road around corners like to a shovel, will take some getting used to compared to the laser and the xr8. All 3 feel so very different.
10. The seats are rock hard, hopefully they will soften up a bit, there is also no lumbar support although it's in the user manual. I might have a proper look in the day today.

IF and when it stops raining I will attempt to take some photos. I also did exactly the same thing after it stalled, and when a diesel stalls you really know it. I thought the engine had dropped out.

Dave