View Single Post
Old 13-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #80
majapi69
Captain, My Captain

Hello guys,

Back from a week of cruising around parts of NSW and it was a great trip. The Friday of the long weekend got a nice early start headed up the Putty/Singleton Road via Singleton to end up at Muswellbrook just after lunch and settled in for the afternoon/evening.

Next day saw the girlfriend and I taking a leisurely drive through the Hunter Valley, stopping off to let her sample some of the local wineries’ wares before moving on to show her some of my childhood stomping grounds before making our way to Tamworth for Saturday.

Sunday saw us checking out the sights and sounds of Tamworth before heading over to Armidale to see how much it has changed in 18 years since I did Uni there.

Monday was a fun trip over to Coffs Harbour with a really nice windy stretch coming back over the mountains from Guyra to Coffs. The Cougar ate it up, cornering like a dream on some pretty tight bends, hugging the road and of course, just powering up the hills, passing more than a few SS Commodores and XR8 Falcons who would then pull out and try to keep up but they just couldn’t accelerate up the slopes the same way. Guys, if you ever get the change to do that run I highly recommend it, a really outstanding, fun drive.

After that it was all pretty tame, 5 days four nights in Coffs, sunning and funning, then a simple run back down the Pacific Highway back to Sydney. A good run but nothing spectacular.

Then, unfortunately back to the daily grind.

But what a great first real run with the Cougar, more and more, I am loving my cat.
majapi69 is offline   Reply With Quote