Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.
|Thunderbird Owners Club of Australia Inc The Thunderbird Owner's Club of Australia Inc. and State Branches is a non-profit organisation devoted to serve as a medium of exchange of ideas, information, and parts for admirers and owners of Thunderbirds.|
|View All Announcements (4) Global Announcement|
|07-01-2005 until 07-01-2025|
Chairman & Administrator
Join Date: Dec 2004
AFF is a community based forum provided for the benefit of registered members. Membership acceptance and continuation is entirely at the discretion of the administrator as is access to any part of the forum.
All posted content remains the property of FordForums Australia and removal or retention of any user or user post is at the discretion of the administrator.
This is a moderated site, which means that there are a few simple rules in place to ensure that everyone is free to enjoy the community here without fear or favour.
Bullying of another member (defined as torment, threats, harassment, humiliation, embarrassment or otherwise targeting by another member) will not be tolerated. Any member engaging in this sort of behaviour will be removed from the forum without further recourse.
The site is provided mainly for the benefit of those wishing to discuss vehicle related matters (not exclusively Ford ones) but an area is provided (called the BAR) for other non automotive related discussion that is of general interest to the community. This is NOT a free for all area and posts that either don't meet the criteria listed below or which are deemed to be unduly trivial in nature may be removed at the discretion of the moderation team.
In short, the following things are not permitted:
1. Posts about or containing references to: religion, race, politics, sensitive or controversial subjects except at the discretion of the admin team.
2. Posts that are (or could reasonably be considered to be): defamatory, threatening, invasive of privacy, or which otherwise violate any law applicable within Australia.
3. Posts that are disrespectful or insulting to another forum member. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is expressed in a reasoned manner.
4. Posts containing advertising material in any form except those posted by or on behalf of supporting site sponsors. This includes private 'For Sale' posts except those posted within the specifically provided For Sale areas and in accordance with the T&C of that area.
5. Posts containing attempts to avoid the language filter.
6. Posts that are deliberately argumentative or which fail to respect the opinion of another member.
7. SMS style posts - the odd generally accepted abbreviation is fine but posts full of SMS messaging text will be deleted.
8. Continual posts containing negative comments about the Ford Motor Company, Ford related product or the AFF community. This does not mean that you can't raise a legitimate issue or make the occasional negative comment but consistent bashing won't be tolerated.
9. Posts containing contents of a Private Message (PM). The PM system is for one to one personal communication and public posting of those messages is a breach of the Privacy Act..
Posts which breach any of the points above will be removed at the absolute discretion of the administration team.
Posts which breach any of the points above may also result in a warning being issued to the offender. These warnings can result in temporary (or permanent) removal of access to the forum and if sufficient warnings are given to an individual then that ban will become permanent.
If you feel that a post has been removed or a warning issued incorrectly then please use the Private Messaging system (or the email link provided in the warning notification) to discuss the issue with a member of the admin team rather than discuss the issue publicly.
Hosted Car Clubs
Incorporated, Ford related car clubs can apply to have their own forum area on AFF in the Ford Car Club section. This can include a link back to the club website as long as the following requirements are maintained:
1. Links on club websites to a forum should be directed to the forum hosted at AFF.
2. The club website should not contain an alternate forum area.
3. The club website should not contain material that would be in breach of the AFF family friendly policy.
1. New threads may be created to highlight a product or service and these should be written so as to be informative and of general interest to the membership.
2. New threads may be created to inform members of special pricing, sales, specials and other items that provide an advantage to the membership base.
3. New threads may be created outside of the sponsor area but they must meet the following criteria:
a. They must be closed after they have been created so that no posts can be added to the thread; and
b. They must contain a link back to an identical thread within the sponsor area which is open for posting.
4. Moderation of a sponsored forum may be conducted by a nominated representative of the sponsor.
All sponsors are expected to maintain a high standard of professionalism in their dealing with the forum membership and conduct their business in an ethical manner. The following things are expressly prohibited:
1. Posts in a competing or other supporting vendor thread; whether started by that vendor, a member of the admin team or a customer of that vendor AND which could be construed as of a negative nature. This includes seemingly innocent questions; attempts to make comparisons with their own product and posts that come from known supporters of a particular vendor.
2. Posting information that includes a direct comparison with any other vendor product that is, in any way, derogatory towards that competitor product.
1. The technical resources provided on this site are available only to registered members; are protected by copyright laws and remain the exclusive property of the authors. You may not reproduce, copy, use, or disclose this material, in whole or in part, without the express prior consent of the author.
2. This site is no way affiliated with Ford Australia and its' subsidiaries.
3. All posts are the opinions of the poster and in no way should be considered to represent or be endorsed by the site administration.
4. Posting of any site content without the express permission of the original poster is expressly prohibited.
The administration team consists of 3 Directors assisted by Super Moderators.
Observatio Facta Rotae