Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-01-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
DavesXr8

Default Who is running 3.9s on a daily driver?

Hey Guys

Just trying to decide on whether or not to do the diff ratio change on my 200kw AUII XR8 Auto.

I am looking to get the old girl moving off the line a bit better have got the exhaust and will get the tune was going for the ratio change just need some real life feedback rather than whats in my head.

She is a daily driver about 350ks per week going for the flash tune soon so was going to do the ratios first then tune but would like some feedback.

How Does the car pull with the 3.9s compared to standard ?

What are the RPMs at say 110kph just rough its 13% i think so i would be at 2375rpms?

How would she perform down the 1/4 with 3.9s ?

Any dramas with the auto and the higher ratios?

Thanks

Dave

DavesXr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Hey mate i have the 3.9's in a daily and cant be happier i also have a 3000stall which helps, my rpms are about 2300rpm which is close to what you worked out, 2250rpm which is stuff all. I would say do it you will be happy as its not just the take-off that changes it just makes it a whole lot snappier around town. No 1/4 as yet but soon.
I used a Jaycar correction unit to adjust the speedo and the series 2 is coming out soon.

Shaun

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #3
DavesXr8

Thanks Shaun

I was just tossing up whether the $900 to swap the diff over was going to give me a good bang for buck type mod.

Or spend a grand on something else to make her pull hard.

You got any other ideas.

Leaning towards the diff tho

Lol to many hard decisions

Thanks
Old 29-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

What mods have you currently got? so i can see what we are dealing with

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
DavesXr8

So far all i have is the SS intake system K&N filter soon to put another hole in the bottom of the filter box.

Have the liverpool 21/2 exhaust system including the hurricane headers and cats.

External Auto cooler

Dave
Old 29-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
xr8ute
Back on the road

For me, I noticed the 3.9's made the car feel much better between the gears, but from a standing start I could hardly tell the difference...but maybe that is just the stock tune pulling timing in 1st gear?

Most of my driving is 110km/h highway stuff, and the increase in revs is not the least bit noticable.

No dramas with the auto, it shifts exactly how/where it used to. Obviously the speedo is out a bit and my speed limiter cuts in sooner.

3.9's certainly make it feel much more "toey" between gears, but didn't give me any extra urge from a standing start....60 foot times at the track are the same. If thats really what you want then you may be better off with a higher stall converter?

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post