Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

After the recent upgrade, users having difficulty with logging in will need to clear their browser cache and cookies so that a new cookie can be issued - instructions can be found in the link above.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > MainLube

MainLube Manufacturer of extreme quality automotive and Industrial Lubricants. Website Link

Old 10-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Mainlube
Sponsor

Default Ford Oil Filter Diameter Measurement Required.

I'm about to post up available Magnets for motor, transmission and diff available for the Ford range.

Whilst I have transmission and diff sorted (T56 and auto)

I don't know the size of the T5 and TKO 600 drain bungs?

I also need the 6 and 8 cylinder engine oil filter diameter sizes across the models and how many models these sizes fit.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve
Mainlube 154 Synthetic Solid Boundary E P Gear Oil SAE 75w140 (diff)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mainlube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

I'll check it at work tomorrow and get back to you.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Mainlube
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
I'll check it at work tomorrow and get back to you.

Thank a mil for that.

I have a High Temperature Extreme Rare Earth Magnet here for your trans. for your trouble

Is your car manual or auto?

If auto, is the pan on the auto steel or alloy?

PM me your postal address.

Cheers

Steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 14-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Russell's outstanding management and contributions to the technical resources portal of the forum, in addition to valuable technical contributions made in all other areas of the forum. 

As far as I know ...

Oil Filter Threads

Ford I6 and pre BA V8 3/4" thread 2 3/4" diameter (later ones 14 x 1.5mm)
Boss V8 22 x 1.5mm thread 2 3/4" diameter

Can't help with the trans ones though!

Cheers
Russ

JUST AUTO LEGENDS INAUGURAL MEMBER

- everything you never wanted to know about AFF.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

O.K.
The AFL 1 MC (Genuine motorcraft) or Z9 equivilent is exactly 92mm is diameter. There is 95 mm of nice flat filter height and then there is a slight hex shape to the end or top of the filter that is about another 35mm. The overall height is 136mm or so. The AFL1 mc (or Z9) goes on ALL falcons 6 cyl from XP to BA II and old cle4vo's and windsors. And they do Toyota's and HEAPS of other cars. the list is endless. look at the Ryco website for a more detailed list of what they fit.

Then there is the AFL 73 MC. This is the BA BF XR8 filter. (probably heaps more that it fits but you may need to ring ford for more detailed fitments.)
This filter is The EXACT same diameter as the AFL 1. at 92 mm.
the overall height is 100mm with about 57mm of nice flat side.

Then there is the AFL 101. It goes on the BF 6 cyl falcon onwards. And it does things like the Escape and others. (ryco number z516)
It too is 92mm in Diameter and only 92mm in overall height. with 55mm of nice flat side.
the AFL 101 and AFL 73 MC are the same number in the Ryco book (z516) when you cross reference them, but for some reason ford have 2 different filters between them.

I'm a bit busy at the moment but I'll take some pics of each and chuck em up here for ya.
Hope thats what you needed.
Anthony.

Old 14-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

OK some pics.
The AFL 1 MC (Z9)

And the AFL 101 and the AFL 73 MC side by side.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````1

Last edited by blownba; 14-08-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 21-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #7
gazza414

Steve, I assume you'll be using the neo magnets. Will these be arranged to be a custom fit around the OEM filter, or will the buyer be resonsible for the fitment/ attachment?

thanks
Old 21-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Mainlube
Sponsor

Apologise to all about not getting back onto this, and thanks to all that helped. (russell and blownba I need to know if you have autos or manuals?)

I've been flat out this week (which is good) however, hasn't allowed me to put the time in here.

There are so many things I wish to share with AFF so I appreciate your patience.

I'm a FilterMag Distributor, these are what I use on the engine oil filters, where FilterMag don't have products (T56) I make them.

The Magnets used in all the products I supply are made by order, they are High Temperature (150C) Rare Earth Magnets that are made to a spec.

I have some on my new motor,(I put 2 on oil filters, this was all oil going into the engine passed over powerful magnets) I've asked for the filter to be removed and drained with the magnets on (being done now) so I can cut open, photograph and post what metal was removed from the oil on "run in", in a 700 kW engine with 850 klms on, should be interesting.

So much more to come, I just got to get onto it.

Cheers

Steve

Old 21-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Mate, don't worry about the magnets. I don't need anything to help out a fellow forums member, specially one who delivers such fine products and services as yourself.
I will however get onto you about oil flush in bulk. I am just about to run out of the 20L drum I have now.

I should of take some pics of the Dewoo I did last night. the oil light was comming on at temp. I had to remove the sump and oil pick up and actually dig the blockage out of the strainer, and then the pile of carbon rocks in the sump was totally amazing. And I had already run a flush and clean oil through it!!!!
The stuff we see on a daily basis, especially the Daewoo's and Hyundai's is mind blowing. And the customers always swear black and blue that they service their cars regularly.

Old 21-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #10
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

There is also the Z89A as fitted to the AU V8's with oil cooler such as the SII/III XR8's and the T3's.

Specs
Overall Height (mm):97
Canister Diameter (mm):93
Seal inside Diameter (mm):62
Thread:3/4-16 UNF-2B
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......
Donating Member3

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainlube
So much more to come, I just got to get onto it.

Cheers

Steve
Chop chop.... :op
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic.
:
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
C0V3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainlube
I'm about to post up available Magnets for motor, transmission and diff available for the Ford range.

Whilst I have transmission and diff sorted (T56 and auto)

I don't know the size of the T5 and TKO 600 drain bungs?

I also need the 6 and 8 cylinder engine oil filter diameter sizes across the models and how many models these sizes fit.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve
What do you want to know about the TKO600 drain bungs? Mine is about due for an oil change.

C0V3R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #13
Mainlube
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0V3R
What do you want to know about the TKO600 drain bungs? Mine is about due for an oil change.

If you have a chance to measure the diameter at each end of the thread (giving the size and confirming if it's a tapered bung) that would be helpful, thanks.

I must get back onto this and get these magnets posted up.

Spent a little time recently getting the Filtergram Wear Metal Analysis posted up however, doesn't appear many are interested in the technology.

Cheers

Steve

Old 06-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
rusty 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gday mate, put me down for a z9 filter magnet when you get them organized,

the wear metal analysis was an interesting read

cheers
rusty 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #15
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
There is also the Z89A as fitted to the AU V8's with oil cooler such as the SII/III XR8's and the T3's.

Specs
Overall Height (mm):97
Canister Diameter (mm):93
Seal inside Diameter (mm):62
Thread:3/4-16 UNF-2B
or the Purolator equivalent L14670

Overall Height 92mm
Flat surface (for magnet) width 62mm
Old 19-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #16
Mainlube
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hords
or the Purolator equivalent L14670

Overall Height 92mm
Flat surface (for magnet) width 62mm
Thanks for that Hords

The RA300 looks like it will just sneak in and fit this one

Cheers

Steve