Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
shannon78
Starter Motor

Default Advice Appreciated :)

Hi... I'm a tad mechanically retarded and my husband away atm... Anyways was wondering if anyone would have any idea as what could cause the front drivers side wheel area to smell like fire?? There is no smoke or anything and it doesnt happen all the time.. and its not burning rubber smell.. it smells a bit like when there is a bush fire.. any ideas would be appreciated cheers

shannon78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Multiple different causes - i've seen leaves caught in brake calipers before that burn and smell amongst others - probably best to take it round to your local mechanic to be sure if you're worried.
Old 23-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
shannon78
Starter Motor

sweet thanks... I was going to take it to a mechanic.. just didn't want to go there sounding like a fool and getting taken advantage of.. thanks for the reply
Old 23-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
troystanton78
IR84RD

its not just after braking hard is it, could just be the brake pads, like when a truck goes down a hill
Old 23-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
shannon78
Starter Motor

it happened twice that i noticed yesterday after i had been driving around and came home and it hasn't happened today so far touch wood... but i will take it to get checked just to be on the safe side.. thanks for your reply
Old 23-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
xrford
WAGONE

prob just need to take the wheel off and have a look around, any mechanic will be able to tell pretty quick if somethings not right hopefully just a stick or something minor.
xrford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post