Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
jaskel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default In Car DVR Footage

Thought id start this thread for anyone that runs a DVR in their car, I have had one for years and love it!

Here is a video from today, some people seem to think it is ok to not look to the right before entering a roundabout:

This one looks like he is further than he is, the wide angle makes it look like I had time, but I had to smash my brakes

Last edited by russellw; 01-01-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Look at getting the HD wide angle from on-site cameras (site sponsor) ... one or 2 guys on here already run them. Decent bit of kit.

The stuff i see on the roads ... I have been meaning to get one and post them up.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Some of those look familiar areas as well ... First one looked like it was around Stanhope Gardens
Old 01-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
jaskel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nah first one was Glenmore Park ....

Yeah some new HD ones are good, just make sure it has GPS overlay on the video, otherwise the footage is useless if u needed it for a conviction.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #5
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After looking at those videos I would suggest that you may want to go and read up some road rules.

as in the 1st and last videos if you had an accident you would have been the one in the wrong. Roundabouts are the first person in the round about has right of way which the other person had. The last video you changed from your lane that you should have gone into on the road you were entering. I had an accident very similar to that only a few months ago, The gentleman(use that term loosely) that was in the other car did exactly the same thing as you, he ended up under my trailer. Started ranting on, so I just called the cops, to his dismay he ended up with a neg driving charge.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
jaskel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh i knew I would have some people chime in like they are the RTA..this is not a who is in the wrong thread, it is a in car video footage thread, lets keep it on topic.

Anyway, the road rules would state you need to give way to your right, as you can see she was on my left, I was on her right..but thanks for the lesson. I dont know what state u are in but NSW is give way to your right.

In thats last one, the right lane ends not even 50 mtrs up the road, once again I was on their right, I have 2 lanes I can select and as the road rules state, when turning i have the right to chose up to 2 lanes....seen as how the lane ended I chose the left lane...and once again, I was on the right with full right of way, he had a giveway sign.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #7
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Looks like you didn't slow at all for the roundabout on the first one, maybe more surprised that white car?

And the last vid common sence would have been to stay in the right lane till you cleared the other vehicle like the vehicle you were following did.

But you are right, there are a lot of knobs on our roads. Some of them vids really shows why there are so many hits on our roads.
2V powahhhhh
Old 01-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Actually ... he was correct in the regard to the initial car in the roundabout had right of way .... the give way to the right rule comes in force when that vehicle is already in the roundabout.

It's just one of those laws that have an "inclusion" in them.

Have seen sooo many near misses though due to it.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
jaskel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that white car didnt even look, she near passed out when I hit the horn, never had a clue i was there!

I was doing like 40km/h into that roundabout....i dont think I needed to slow any more.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #10
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskel
oh i knew I would have some people chime in like they are the RTA..this is not a who is in the wrong thread, it is a in car video footage thread, lets keep it on topic.

Anyway, the road rules would state you need to give way to your right, as you can see she was on my left, I was on her right..but thanks for the lesson. I dont know what state u are in but NSW is give way to your right.

In thats last one, the right lane ends not even 50 mtrs up the road, once again I was on their right, I have 2 lanes I can select and as the road rules state, when turning i have the right to chose up to 2 lanes....seen as how the lane ended I chose the left lane...and once again, I was on the right with full right of way, he had a giveway sign.

If that is the way you think that the road rules are I seriously suggest that you go and have a revision of them.

Oh and there is no give way sign when turning left off Silverwater Road to head west on the M4 as the ute did. And no you can't just pick which lane you want to go into when entering another road, you have to stay in the corresponding lane, which is the right lane. As the person in the white car in front of you did.

There you go that is another lesson for you.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #11
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

jaskel, mate you really need to have a real think about the way you drive. Thanks for posting this though, you are one more person I would love to avoid on the road.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #12
FgNewbie
Australia

http://www.nrma.com.au/about-us/medi...081029-a.shtml
Quote:
29/10/2008
More than one in four* NSW drivers do not understand basic roundabout rules, according to new research from NRMA Insurance.

The insurer, which last financial year paid out more than 5000 claims** for roundabout collisions, said the biggest misconception seemed to be that drivers should give way to their right. More than 70 per cent answered correctly – giving right of way to cars already on the roundabout.

Of most concern were drivers aged 16 to 24, with almost one in two (47 per cent) answering incorrectly.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:56 AM   #13
FgNewbie
Australia

jaskel they must love you at that slip road, I saw your other one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHpUrgh5YGc&NR=1
btw if you hit their rear, you may have trouble with your claim (that you had "full right of way").
Old 01-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL at your driving...

You need a refresher of the road rules.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #15
T3man
Banned

Mate if I were you I wouldn't be posting those on the web. You obviously have no idea of the road rules and providing video evidence of it for plod to see is not very smart.

Then again from a purely selfish POV; I hope you have the video running if ever we run into each other - it will undoubtedly show who was in the wrong!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #16
jaskel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some of you guys are the biggest keyboard warriors ive seen, instead of slagging me off just let others post their vids...I have posted these vids on other car forums and THIS is the only forum that carried on like mongs

oh and thank you to the several people that PM'd me and said not to worry about people that posted in this thread and i was right...I guess the internet can be full of keyboard warriors.

Last edited by jaskel; 01-01-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #17
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskel
I have posted these vids on other car forums and THIS is the only forum that carried on like mongs
I thought I'd seen these vids before on www.idrivelikeadickontheroads.com.au
Old 01-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #18
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

Hey .. why cant we see the last 2 videos you posted? It says it is "private" when I click the link....
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #19
GT-E

Jaskel,
You really need to go and do the driving test again. All posting up that video has proven is that you have NFI about the road rules.
I only looked at the first Video and the lady was in the roundabout first and had right of way.
You on the otherhand approached the roundabout with no due caution and 40km/h is WAY to fast to stop if you needed to give way to cars in the roundabout.
Give way to the Right is a very old law and has no application with a roundabout.
I strongly suggest you get off your soapbox and learn the rules before you decide to be the road law enforcer.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #20
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You sure love leading with your chin don't you Jaskel .

Below are direct cut and pastes from the NSW RTA website in relation to roundabouts .

" Giving way
Slow down as you approach a roundabout. You must give way to traffic already on the roundabout if there is a risk of collision. Enter the roundabout when there is a safe gap in the traffic."

"Going straight ahead
1.Slow down and prepare to give way as you approach the roundabout.
2.On approach you can be in either lane, unless otherwise marked on road.
3.When going straight ahead you do not need to indicate on approach.
4.You must give way to traffic already on the roundabout if there is any risk of collision.
5.Enter the roundabout when there is a safe gap in the traffic.
6.You must indicate a left turn just before you exit unless it is not practical to do so."

Heres the whole section .

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregul...undabouts.html

Time to do some revision clown .

God I hope I never encounter you on the road .
Closed Thread