Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
cubic25
Starter Motor

Default Android auto headunit

Hey all,

My dad has an MC Mondeo. We recently purchased a Sony XAV-AX5000.
I need to know a few things and I'm hoping someone here can help.

Aerpro lists a few harnesses and dash facia's for the car, I just can't work out which ones we need.
We essentially want it all to be plug and play and for him to retain the steering wheel controls.
His car has no rear sensors or camera, so no need to worry about that.

His dash is black, so I gather we need either the FP9071B or the FP9171B. Given that the FP9171B is slightly bigger and closer to the dimensions of the Sony headunit, I'm guessing we should go for that one provided that it is actually for the MC.

Which wiring harness do I get? The APP9SP4? Or the CHF02C? Or the APUNISW2? Or CT10FD05? Or CT10FD06?
Why the f^ck does Aerpro list all these products even after I've filtered which headunit I'm using? Surely most of it is irrelevant?
The site literally asks you which headunit you are going to use, then lists single DIN facias. Why?
/rant.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
cubic25 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Android auto headunit

Hey cubic welcome! finally joined hey...

have any links to the gear?
Old 19-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #3
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Get the model of the HU you've got and give them an email, they'll be better to give the exact info you need.

From what I can tell you'd need:

Facia kit - FP9171B

Primary Harness -CT10FD05

Steering wheel control with patch lead - CHFO11C - compatible with 6000CD, 6006CD keeps parking sensors working

*APP8SP2/SP3/SP4
- secondary harness, there's 3 types
*APA58 or APA67 - antenna adaptor

*denotes may need

so best to see what you have and fill with what you need.

Essentially:
Facia
Primary Harness (optional secondary)
Steering wheel control
antenna adaptor

Old 19-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #4
cubic25
Starter Motor

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies.
I'm replying via phone, so CBF with link. If you go to their website and type in your car, all the products are listed.

I heard back from Aerpro. Their customer support is fantastic.
Just incase anyone else goes down the same route, here it is:

We'll start with the fascia kit. Both will do the job, both will suit the Sony unit. The FP9171B is made of a higher quality plastic and has a better mounting system, but is also $100 more expensive than the FP9071B. We like to offer customer the choice of quality. This is not to say the FP9071B is not an acceptable kit. (I personally would chose it over the 9171B),

Next - the Primary (car side) harness. No parking sensors? Plug and play? CHFO2C then. CT10 parts are 'T' harnesses used to help an install of an external Bluetooth Car Kit, and the universal harness (APUNISW2) is not plug and play friendly.

Then we need the Secondary (stereo side) harness. To suit the Sony unit - APP9SP4 (this is an APP8SP4 and APSONYPL as one part number, works out a bit cheaper)

Grab an APA58 antenna adapter and your good to go.

After you purchase, and your ready to do the install, there is a procedure you need to remember regarding the steering wheel control module's initialize method. Before you plug it into the cars harness and power it up, you must have the patch lead plugged in first. There is also a dip switch that needs to be set before initialized. (pic attached below for your reference)
cubic25 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2020, 09:48 PM   #5
gordito
Starter Motor

Thank you for this, i have the exact same issue
gordito is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2020, 09:05 PM   #6
gordito
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic25 View Post
After you purchase, and your ready to do the install, there is a procedure you need to remember regarding the steering wheel control module's initialize method. Before you plug it into the cars harness and power it up, you must have the patch lead plugged in first. There is also a dip switch that needs to be set before initialized. (pic attached below for your reference)
I dont really understand what this means, and my head unit will be here for installation soon.

Can someone tell me what this dip switch is? And also, the patch lead will already be plugged in, how can you power on the head unit without everything connected first?
gordito is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post