Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-03-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
valiant81
Starter Motor

Default AU ford radio code !!

Hi all;
It's been awhile since I last posted and i hope someone can shed some light on my problem. Here goes .....

Ok. I have a 1999 AU ford falcon forte and only now has the car traveled just over 102,000 Kms. No problem with the car as sutch, but last month i had to replace the battery and the radio now does not work and the display only shows the word " code". The problem is that the original radio/cassette was changed over to a radio with a cd player. The changeover was just plug and play and worked from day one. Yes i had to enter in the code that came with the radio ( was bought second hand a few years ago ). I thought that i had written down the 4 digit code in the owners book, but for the life of me i cannot find it. Hopefully the code was written on to the top of the radio and i have yet to remove the radio to find out about the code.

If on the chance that the code is not there is ther any was of back checking the code from the serial on number on the radio . The vin number would be useless to the radio that is fitted while it suits the same series of car the vin number would only work for the original radio.

I'm not interested in a aftermarket radio as it would stick out like a sore thumb. My car is totally original and even down to the original hub caps. I hope some one can help me, otherwise I'm screwed !!!
valiant81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU ford radio code !!

Pull the radio and check for code as you have said
write down serial no. and try Ford who may charge you or post it here and hope someone working at Ford can help you out
Talk to radio repair shop not one that just fits radios about having security bypassed
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #3
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

I think you have no chance and the AU will have zero value now.

I'm prepared to help you out.

I'll give $500 for the car, you deliver to Yap-Hoon.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The radio code is usually written in the last page of the owners manual where the original owners details are recorded

If not there remove the radio and get the serial number. Send it to ASL Automedia a sponsor here and they can give you the code
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post