Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-01-2022, 06:49 PM   #1
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Default Lego

I know a few folks on here build some lego.
Wasnt sure if we have a thread for it so why not.
Anyone into it?
What do you like to build?
I have a little collection.
In the process of building the D11T Caterpillar Bulldozer.

Might be a hit and miss kinda thing.
I got into it early 2020 and have acquired a little bit
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2022, 09:50 PM   #2
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Lego

My pretty neighbour does a bit of child minding, just her friends kids, was having a cuppa with her today, she has 2 X 40L plastic containers full of Lego, but it just does not look like what you build!
And she was as bad as the 5 yr old she's minding, at least I can tell what you've made, got no idea what they were making, might go up and have a look!.......
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-01-2022, 11:55 PM   #3
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

I wouldn't mind giving the Mustang kit a go.

Time lapse speed build;

GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 12:07 AM   #4
tasdex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
I know a few folks on here build some lego.
Wasnt sure if we have a thread for it so why not.
Anyone into it?
What do you like to build?
I have a little collection.
In the process of building the D11T Caterpillar Bulldozer.

Might be a hit and miss kinda thing.
I got into it early 2020 and have acquired a little bit
Reminds me so much of my work truck ,,,
tasdex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 08:26 AM   #5
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdex View Post
Reminds me so much of my work truck ,,,
Very similar.
I cant take credit for the truck, i purchased instructions from a designer on a site called rebrickable.
This is what its based on, even down to the light wipers.

Trailer was also designed by someone else. I dont have the creativity Although i like to make a few changes to some lego kits that ive built
- Antz Turboside Intake
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 09:25 AM   #6
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for us ignorant noobs would you mind taking the low loader pic again with a box matches or mob phone beside for size comparison

amazing though.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:30 AM   #7
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
for us ignorant noobs would you mind taking the low loader pic again with a box matches or mob phone beside for size comparison

amazing though.
Yeah i will when i get home later on
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 05-01-2022, 10:34 AM   #8
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Very similar.
I cant take credit for the truck, i purchased instructions from a designer on a site called rebrickable.
This is what its based on, even down to the light wipers.

Trailer was also designed by someone else. I dont have the creativity Although i like to make a few changes to some lego kits that ive built
We are all creative, some more than others, but we are all creative!... including you, you have created something!...when my nephew was in his early teens, 12 or 13 or 14 yrs old, so around late 80's early 90's I always bought him Lego kits to improve his expanding and curious mind.

It was called " Technical Lego " back then, so race car kits etc, complete with hydraulic or pneumatic lines, he ended up topping his class as a Heavy Vehicle Fitter.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:36 AM   #9
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
We are all creative, some more than others, but we are all creative!... including you, you have created something!...when my nephew was in his early teens, 12 or 13 or 14 yrs old, so around late 80's early 90's I always bought him Lego kits to improve his expanding and curious mind.

It was called " Technical Lego " back then, so race car kits etc, complete with hydraulic or pneumatic lines, he ended up topping his class as a Heavy Vehicle Fitter.
Technic it is, unless there was another version (possibly)
All my lego is Technic, except for the discovery space shuttle (had to have it) i might post a cpl more pics of what i have later.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 05-01-2022, 10:58 AM   #10
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Technic it is, unless there was another version (possibly)
All my lego is Technic, except for the discovery space shuttle (had to have it) i might post a cpl more pics of what i have later.
Technical or Technic?......it was over 30 years ago, the last one was a fully functioning F1 type car, he loved it, most of the Lego back then in Australia was for kiddies, I stumbled across Technic at a RC shop in Penrith NSW.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:53 AM   #11
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Technical or Technic?......it was over 30 years ago, the last one was a fully functioning F1 type car, he loved it, most of the Lego back then in Australia was for kiddies, I stumbled across Technic at a RC shop in Penrith NSW.
Well current is Lego Technic.
I guess you could say its technical
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 05-01-2022, 02:38 PM   #12
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Many years ago, I used to do adult gymnastics; I was never very good at it but considered it to be a pretty good way to improve fitness and agility. The instructor there used to enjoy his Lego. His passion for Lego lead to him creating a business selling the stuff. His business was so successful that he quit instructing gymnastics and ran the business full time.

He has done very well for himself from that pastime he used to have. To the point that he is known for owning and driving a Ferrari in the local town he lives in. With a population of less than 5000 people in that town, a car like that tends to stand out a bit bit!

There's a lot of money in Lego!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 03:42 PM   #13
slowsnake
Banned

There's a lot of money in robbing banks too Sky Pilot!.

Happy New Year.......
Old 05-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #14
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I came 2nd in a lego competition when I was in primary school... I made a whole city which poor mum had to help me get to the school without breaking anything. The main buildings had working lights with batteries hidden in the chimneys. Some sod messed around with it before judging and flattened all the batts.
First place was a kit build of a motorcycle....step by step out of a book, no creativity....I was ****ed
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2022, 04:44 PM   #15
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
I came 2nd in a lego competition when I was in primary school... I made a whole city which poor mum had to help me get to the school without breaking anything. The main buildings had working lights with batteries hidden in the chimneys. Some sod messed around with it before judging and flattened all the batts.
First place was a kit build of a motorcycle....step by step out of a book, no creativity....I was ****ed
I had the same experience as a kid!.. second place to a standard kit, it's only taken 30 years to get over it
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 06:30 PM   #16
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Many years ago, I used to do adult gymnastics; I was never very good at it but considered it to be a pretty good way to improve fitness and agility. The instructor there used to enjoy his Lego. His passion for Lego lead to him creating a business selling the stuff. His business was so successful that he quit instructing gymnastics and ran the business full time.

He has done very well for himself from that pastime he used to have. To the point that he is known for owning and driving a Ferrari in the local town he lives in. With a population of less than 5000 people in that town, a car like that tends to stand out a bit bit!

There's a lot of money in Lego!
His name wouldn't be Rick James would it?
Old 05-01-2022, 06:45 PM   #17
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:

amazing though.
Ok.
Pic with an old phone

Couple pics of my collection since i started building.
Few of the trucks arent lego kits though.

I have a few favs.
The 911 GT3 RS. I built the Bugatti and Lambo, i had to have the GT3 RS. Paid a lot more than RRP
Liebherr Excavator is epic.
F16 Volvo

Heck i could list em all tbh.
Apologies for the rubbish pics. Was rushed.
More than happy to provide some good pics.
Im proper addicted
- Antz Turboside Intake
3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 06:52 PM   #18
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Awesome musician and a lego expert, is there nothing this man can't do
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2022, 08:34 PM   #19
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
No, it's not. I didn't mention the name of the person or business as the person is not really relevant to the thread and I didn't feel it was right to promote his business in a public forum when I've had no dealing with them in that capacity.

I wasn't sure if your question was legit or tic, gaso, so I looked up rj. I see he is based in Pakenham. The guy I know is based in maffra. Anyone now interested in knowing the person and /or business should have all the information they need to find it out for themselves.

Was a very nice guy when he was instructing gymnsstics.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 08:41 PM   #20
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always loved Lego as a kid and into my early teens, but that played second fiddle to my growing love of playing squash as I "grew up".

Fondly remember the space age Technic stuff of the 80's and 90's. Car's, trucks, construction equipment. Lots of pneumatically controlled construction equipment, before they started using small motors.

I think my favourite was always this one...

I think it was either $119 or $199 back at that time. I saved hard for it. Birthday, christmas, chores... Whatever needed to be done.

Finally the time came to buy it and Mum took me to K-Mart in Footscray (the dumpy basement level store) where I managed to get it. This was pre barcode scanning and the old manual registers. I remember it being a busy day, very long lines and the register operators under the pump.

Eventually got through and out home we went. At home Mum asked me for the money for it and when I bought it back she said something like "it was only $2". I was stunned, couldn't understand why... Thought she was being nice and buying it for me. Turns out the poor checkout chick put the decimal point in the wrong spot. Cant remember if its was $1.19 or $1.99, but it was less than $2.

I remember being morally outraged and demanded we notify K-Mart and fix it. Pay the right amount. Mum then told me it was tough luck for them and I could use the rest of the money for more legal. Moral outrage instantly disappeared and more lego was bought.

Unfortunately ALL my Lego disappeared when Mum and Dad moved to Qld. When I finally made it to their place to clear out what was in storage it was all gone. Along with all my electric model trains (I had a big trainset back then). Vintage Lima stuff all HO scale. It was in an area my Dad packed up and he swears he never threw it out, but can't tell me where it went.

If I had the chance now I'd go right out and buy their new Titanic set.

Combining 2 of my favourite subjects... And an awesome build to boot. But I dont have the necessary $1000. Or $1300 as they seem to be going for. But my toddler nephews, God love them, are saving up to buy it for me.

I remember someone built a scene of the Titanic sinking for one of the travelling Lego shows. They used to setup at the Myer in Bourke St every year or 2. This would have been around 30+ years ago now.

But I still remember wishing I could have a Titanic lego after seeing that... And I'm surprised they never put together a build set until now.

Ahhhh, the memories....
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 08:49 PM   #21
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
I had the same experience as a kid!.. second place to a standard kit, it's only taken 30 years to get over it
You got over it?!

ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #22
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
No, it's not. I didn't mention the name of the person or business as the person is not really relevant to the thread and I didn't feel it was right to promote his business in a public forum when I've had no dealing with them in that capacity.

I wasn't sure if your question was legit or tic, gaso, so I looked up rj. I see he is based in Pakenham. The guy I know is based in maffra. Anyone now interested in knowing the person and /or business should have all the information they need to find it out for themselves.

Was a very nice guy when he was instructing gymnsstics.
If it involves Lego, it's relevant
Old 06-01-2022, 06:50 PM   #23
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About half of my collediton. Mostly Star Wars.

Last edited by xisled; 06-01-2022 at 07:09 PM.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 07:19 PM   #24
slowsnake
Banned

So which one of you " kidults" has the most lego blocks?
Let's say how many 40 litre containers would you fill, my pretty neighbour has 2 x 40 Litres both choc a block, anyone beat that?
Old 06-01-2022, 07:23 PM   #25
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post

About half of my collediton. Mostly Star Wars.
Is that all Lego?.....

Or you buy a kit to put together, or do you buy loose and use drawings to construct?
Old 06-01-2022, 07:34 PM   #26
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I always loved Lego as a kid and into my early teens, but that played second fiddle to my growing love of playing squash as I "grew up".

Fondly remember the space age Technic stuff of the 80's and 90's. Car's, trucks, construction equipment. Lots of pneumatically controlled construction equipment, before they started using small motors.

I think my favourite was always this one...

I think it was either $119 or $199 back at that time. I saved hard for it. Birthday, christmas, chores... Whatever needed to be done.
I remember I came to Perth from Sydney for dads funeral, so January 1986, my nephew would of been 11 years old and I remember the price was $35 bucks, I know that because my niece said I spent more on my nephews present than hers, can't give one without the other, I remember slinging her $6 bucks, I think her toy was $29 bucks, could of been a Cabbage a patch Doll,.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:38 PM   #27
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I remember I came to Perth from Sydney for dads funeral, so January 1986, my nephew would of been 11 years old and I remember the price was $35 bucks, I know that because my niece said I spent more on my nephews present than hers, can't give one without the other, I remember slinging her $6 bucks, I think her toy was $29 bucks, could of been a Cabbage a patch Doll,.
The thread is about LEGO, not storytime, please stay on topic!
Old 06-01-2022, 08:58 PM   #28
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Jebus.
Posted a thread about lego.
Didnt think it'd go south like this.
Next time i wont bother.
- Antz Turboside Intake
3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2022, 09:05 PM   #29
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The thread is about LEGO, not storytime, please stay on topic!

just asking....how many times on this forum to they stay on track
Old 06-01-2022, 09:08 PM   #30
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
just asking....how many times on this forum to they stay on track
As often as I can make them.