Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
Ray
FORD POWER!!

Default Series I - Series II, different accelerator pedals?

I Just noticed today after driving my dad's Series I for the first time after buying my Series II, that the accelerator pedals in the two feel different, the Series II one feels alot stiffer (if that makes sense) wheras the series I pedal feels loose, and makes the car seem "Jumpy" i.e just lightly tap the pedal and the car seems to just "take off" - which can be pretty scary if you're trying to reverse park!

I tried depressing the pedals of both cars with the ignition off, the Series II definetly feels harder, Was there a changed throttle system?

has anyone else noticed this, or is there a problem with one of our cars?

EDIT: I just did a web search... apparently they series I and II DO have different pedals... well, the "pedal feel" was changed anyway... silly me

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job

Last edited by Ray; 10-04-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #2
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Would imagine the condition of the accelerator cable would give a different feel but interesting to know there was an official change somewhere..

Sweet choice in wheels for the AU ;)
Old 10-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
Kryton

i had a S1 AU and found the accellerator to be pretty loose too. but i found it suited me better like that. i drove a mates EF Ghia (i know its not really the same to compare to) and his pedal was stiff and hard to push. (probably the cable)
you dont really notice though when you get used to it, but like you said the first few times you drive it, you can really throw yourself back in the seat without even trying.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

never driven an AUI but my AUII has a rather stiff accellerator

J
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 10:12 PM   #5
Slick
Starter Motor

We recently brought a second car, A 1996 EF falcon GLI with factory TICkFORD fitted duel fuel. I'm a bit #*""!#@* with my 2001 AUll XLS ute cause the pedal feel is the same with the EF, soft. But the EF seem to be more jumpy, push the pedal quarter or halfway very quickly and the thing spin the wheels like hell {petrol or LPG}. it feels like the EF is very sensitive to foot pressure. its anoying during rainy days. tyres are as new. new block & head replaced 15400km ago by tilfords, Maybe the previous owner played around with it. {tilfords hobart}. My XLS is useless compare to the EF apart from the same pedal feel.
Sounds like an engine/trans transplant is on the way........ maybe I'll send my wife back up to Sydney for a long w/e... hehehe

Last edited by Slick; 10-04-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #6
Twisted
Contributing Member

Both my AU1 and my dads old AU1 have different pedals. Mine is much looser which i prefer to his which was very tight.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 01:20 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

My AU1 tends to get to the floor a lot quicker than the AU2. But maybe that's the difference between the V8 and the 6??? OK, seriously, yes, the AU1 is a lot more "twitchy" than the AU2. My missus comments on it almost every time she drives the 8.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 03:06 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Exclamation

I really like the feel of the pedal in my AU1. Important not to bury your foot into the floor in reverse though!

My mate has an AU2, I might set up a back to back drive!
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post