Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-08-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
FRA
Mr Focus

Default $240 fine for excess engine rev.

I was going through around about and @ 2500rpm is where the rev band starts and it rev little bit hard.
Coper didn't beleive me that a Focus could do that, he wasn't buying the story at all.
All it's got is a air pod and thats it.

What I want to know by all of guys on here, do you think I should fight this or just pay up?
Also got me for out of rego as well.

Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Well ,we actually got the thumbs up from some policemen last night. When we change in SSS mode it chirps the tyres hard from 3000 onwards, I forgot? And seeing as i dont drive i just change gears- we left the lights side by side with the fuzz and pulled a nice 3500 CHIRP ,level with the passenger window. My missus covered her mouth and the cops give her the thumbs up - And then they floored it. We never exceeded 50kmh.. Some of them ARE decent people- Having said that , if I was driving i would have been handcuffed....Probably???
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA
I was going through around about and @ 2500rpm is where the rev band starts and it rev little bit hard.
Coper didn't beleive me that a Focus could do that, he wasn't buying the story at all.

What I want to know by all of guys on here, do you think I should fight this or just pay up?

Consider your self lucky it wasn't confiscated under the anti-hooning laws. If you take it to court you'll probably get it knocked back to a $60 fine for improper control of a motor vehicle, but the day in court will end up costing you more than $240. Its a catch 22
Old 31-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

That's funny (accept for the expense!).... booked for reving a stock focus.

You meanace to society.

At least you helped his monthly quota along.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

No doubt you would of been treated differently daz, my sis's b/f ws delivering me and a mate and her to a club in mooloolaba one sat night in his 180 (yes, it was a tight fit) and turned into the esplanade to realise that our path had been cut due to "hoon restrictions" in anger he gave it a rev, not goin past 2500, either way, the cops pulle dhim over.

He did the yes sir, no sir, etc.... still got off with a 240 fine and no points, we all chipped in for him as he was helping us out at the time. but i dont really think its that fightable
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #6
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

You meanace to society.

Shite.

Sorry dude, just read your post again, and she isn't stock after all.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #7
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA
Just pay up, really nothing you can do if the cops deem your car to be too loud. They could've defected you if they really wanted.
Old 31-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

damn coppers and their power trips.. almost as bad as secco's at clubs and RSL's

ey bluhoon, the atrium secos are all a bunch of s, especially that incrediblly fat one, the mouri who looks about the size of the little bubble gum eating girl in charlie and the chocolate factory
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA
thats the thing thats dangerous.
no rego = no insurance,
ur an iddiot.

cop it sweet and get it over with!

and an if you are going to get a pod, do it right and just put it in a box!
Old 31-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #10
MeLLy

If you went to court with that, the judge will see what else you got done for and simply see you as someone who doesnt care about responsibilty and wont help you at all, just pay the fine!
And get that car registered!

B**** with Boost
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA

Id take a spelling and language course first... then rego the car and pay your fine....

Old 31-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #12
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

$700 + for no rego
$700 + for no insurance !!!
Sheesh !!!
Why in this case would you draw the crabs on yourself...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #13
protd
TUFF FORDS

protd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #14
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
$700 + for no rego
$700 + for no insurance !!!
Sheesh !!!
Why in this case would you draw the crabs on yourself...
opps, actually add an IQ test to that list!

Old 31-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
opps, actually add an IQ test to that list!
Bwahahah :
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #16
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

You meanace to society.

Except.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
With the exclusion of; excluding; save; but: They were all there except me.
Accept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
To agree or consent to; accede to: to accept a treaty; to accept an apology.
reving = revving

meanace = menace

Sorry, but it just bugged me.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #17
Eaglexr

There is a reason why the copper did'nt buy your story.
I don't think sympathy is required here,just pay your fine and don't do it again ok!
Eaglexr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 AM   #18
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

pretty much.........my mate just got a vx commodore and its touchy in the wet....he pulled out onto the main road and the tyre spun for about half of a second just a tiny graze noise he is not use to the car yet and they pulled him over and gave him a choice of a ticket or getting his car taken for the night............and he is NO rev head is was a accident...

But there is some decent ones out there....i went through an RBT n this old guy goes can i see your license so i showed it to him and didnt have my P`s up he goes "prohbation ey?" had a look for my plates smiled and said with the most cheeky smile "have a good night son"
Old 03-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

240$ for excess rev!!??

you guys got it tough over there..
Old 05-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #20
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

I'm sure there's more to the story.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #21
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Yes it is luck with the coppers..... but also their perception of how you handle the situation and your circumstance.... how old are you FRA?

I went through an RBT, as I was dropping the dog off to the vet one Thursday night. Got breath tested, and as I was being tested, another officer on the passenger side of the car called the attention of the cop talking to me, and pointed at my rego sticker. I had paid the rego, but had the sticker sitting on my desk at home. Stupid, I know. The sticker was 2 months out. I got questioned, and explained the situation with great empathy, assuring the rego had been paid. They checked it on the computer, and whilst doing it, checked me and the car from the outside.

No drama's, he just said when you finish dropping the dog off, go straight home and out the sticker on. Next time you will get fined.

So was I lucky? Hell yes, but sometimes it is more than luck.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 12:31 PM   #22
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_XR6
I went through an RBT, as I was dropping the dog off to the vet one Thursday night. Got breath tested, and as I was being tested, another officer on the passenger side of the car called the attention of the cop talking to me, and pointed at my rego sticker. I had paid the rego, but had the sticker sitting on my desk at home. Stupid, I know. The sticker was 2 months out. I got questioned, and explained the situation with great empathy, assuring the rego had been paid. They checked it on the computer, and whilst doing it, checked me and the car from the outside.

No drama's, he just said when you finish dropping the dog off, go straight home and out the sticker on. Next time you will get fined.

Exactly the same thing happened to me at an RBT, was told to put the sticker on as soon as I got home (it was in my glove box). Was told it was a fineable offence and I'd be getting off with a warning.

I'd tried to peel the sticker off but it was coming off in little pieces. Was going to try with some eucalyptus oil but just completely forgot about it.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #23
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_XR6
Yes it is luck with the coppers..... but also their perception of how you handle the situation and your circumstance.... how old are you FRA?

27 this friday.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #24
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Then you were just unlucky dude.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #25
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Chris Rock said it well. As a public service announcement.

How NOT to gett your a$$ kicked by the Police, follow these easy tips.

Obey the Law. Laws were made for a reason, think of them as hints.

Get the car registered son and cop the fine, I would say the unregistered part is what copped you the heat in the first place.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #26
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, they would have probably heard the noise, ran the plates and said bingo we gotta pullim over.

pain but sucks. I got looked at the other night by the boys in blue in the ef, albeit I was towing a sigma on the back of it hehe they were just having a sticky beak at the tow car ;)
just depends on how you drive around I suppose, you must admit there are a lot of tool bags out there and they cause greif for every one else, as they do everything wrong, but get away with it and someone might do something which seems relatively small, but in the eyes of the law it might be construed as a demeanour, so you get the shaft.

LOL at super roo's comment above, good one, very true.

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #27
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Well ,we actually got the thumbs up from some policemen last night. When we change in SSS mode it chirps the tyres hard from 3000 onwards, I forgot? And seeing as i dont drive i just change gears- we left the lights side by side with the fuzz and pulled a nice 3500 CHIRP ,level with the passenger window. My missus covered her mouth and the cops give her the thumbs up - And then they floored it. We never exceeded 50kmh.. Some of them ARE decent people- Having said that , if I was driving i would have been handcuffed....Probably???
i found that most cops down here are alright, and will admire you're ride and over look certian things ... but thats hilerious, but when you think about it, if it was you doing it, you would have gotten busted, because they dont see girls as beeing "hoons" ....

Maybe i should wear a wig tonight!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post