Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2016, 12:06 AM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default The Camping Thread

I'm not a camper (tents) but am about to embark on a camping weekend in a couple of weeks (anzac long weekend).

I have a decent tent (2 room, canvas) and used it a couple of times about 10 years ago, but it was a big gathering, a poor location and i hated it, and have hated camping since.

This easter, i dug it out of the shed and set it up in the back yard for the youngest to have a bit of a camp out. It must have planted a bit of a seed, because since then both my wife and I have decided that past experiences have probably clouded our judgement somewhat and if we go away with just our family to a nice camping spot in a national park or something, it will be a much more enjoyable experience.

i like the idea of being out in the bush, with nature etc, but i do like to have some amenities (yep, i'm soft), and it turns out, many national parks etc do have facilities scattered around.

this is my tent in my backyard.

unfortunately for my bank balance, this is pretty much all i have. need to buy pretty much everything else you need to go camping.

with this in mind, i'm keen to hear from anyone else who goes camping, tent style, and especially unpowered.

also be keen to see pics of your setups etc. what ideas you have for keeping things cold/frozen for up to 5 days? lighting setups.

had a wander through anaconda and BCF before work today and camping has come a long way since i last did it
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: