Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2019, 12:30 AM   #1
Beau.beau
Starter Motor

Post Exhaust mods for p platers

Hi guys I’m trying to find the right exhaust mod for my ba falcon xt (non turbo). Currently My car is lowered and speed humps -bumps have damaged my front muffler. I was thinking of hotdogging my exhaust to give me the clearance but I was told that it was illegal. I was just wondering if anyone on here knows if I can do the modification without having the hassle of it being illegal. Any help will be very appreciated
Beau.beau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2019, 01:05 PM   #2
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Default Re: Exhaust mods for p platers

It's not illegal. Go for it.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #3
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

It may not be illegal, but you are driving a lowered car on P's already. How much more time do you want to spend by the side of the road explaining yourself to Mr Plod?
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #4
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as simon said its not so much the legality of the exhaust youd want to watch at the moment , it be more the attention it draws that you wont be wanting in this situation

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #5
Beau.beau
Starter Motor

I haven’t been pulled over for how low it sits. Haven’t really had any problems with mrPo Po. Just don’t want him to pull me over for the exhaust if I’ve had no problems with them beforehand
Old 03-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hotdog replacing front muffler on a 6 should be fine.
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2019, 08:58 PM   #7
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

You could totally remove the mid muffler and straight pipe that section, it still wouldn't be unbearably loud if the rest of the system is standard.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
Nu66et
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
You could totally remove the mid muffler and straight pipe that section, it still wouldn't be unbearably loud if the rest of the system is standard.
That would be illegal though, at least in NSW. Here you need to keep the same number of mufflers
Nu66et is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

What state are you in? Modifications are illegal for P Platers in Vic.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #10
Beau.beau
Starter Motor

I’m in nsw so can I hotdog the front muffler
Old 04-03-2019, 06:41 PM   #11
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Its only illegal if you get caught.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #12
.:4:.
Kicking back

Provided its not too loud, you'll be right in nsw. The ban is for engine mods and a sensible ish exhaust i dont beleive falls under the deffinition of a modified motor. As far as youre concerned the car came like that and the preivious owner had the front muffler replaced. Its like tint laws, if its too dark but was legal at the time play dumb. The car came like that. As a p plater id get pulled over all the time because i got my licence when you could drive anything but then they made the new no v8 or anything fun laws in 04. I was exempt from that but in an engineered efi v8 swapped kingswood ute where the only factory things were the non existant brakes, id get pulled over all the time. Only had an issue once but the officer was nice about it and defected me on a number of things, but i knew the defficiancys and wasnt going to point out the things he missed. So just dont draw attention to yourself.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #13
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Surely three years in plain clothes isn't going to hurt in the long term? It's all peacock feathers anyway.

"He asked for a thirteen but they drew a thirty-one".
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post