Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #241
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2019 Ford Focus

Has anyone ordered an ST Line with design pack and drivers assist pack, if so what type of deal have you gotten? It’s around 36k drive away with metallic paint in NSW.
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #242
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Has anyone ordered an ST Line with design pack and drivers assist pack, if so what type of deal have you gotten? It’s around 36k drive away with metallic paint in NSW.
You can forget about getting a significant discount. I ordered an Active with Driver Assist Pack and it was pointed out to me from the outset that they didn't have much leeway, but I did get a full tank of "gas" thrown in!
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #243
fobzee

Quote:
I think I paid just under 33 for st line with driver assist pack, not sure what the design pack is worth. The wheels look good but didnt want 18's for a daily driver

Done about 4,500 kms since picking mine up, still enjoy driving it. Had a rental corolla recently and I would've gone crazy driving something like that all the time, the focus is so far ahead

Sync 3.3 update just came out as well, seems to have fixed a few little things
fobzee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #244
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah we took a titanium for a drive over the weekend. Great car! Roomy, lots of tech and plenty of omph. Looks very well put together. Now ready to put a deal together just want to have a look a couple more of the colors in the flesh.
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #245
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah we took a titanium for a drive over the weekend. Great car! Roomy, lots of tech and plenty of omph. Looks very well put together. Now ready to put a deal together just want to have a look a couple more of the colors in the flesh.
Got a Desert Island Blue Titanium demo if you're keen?

Heads Up Display, Panorama Sunroof and Tint
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2019, 10:38 PM   #246
fobzee

anyone know if the 1.5 ecoboost is the identical to the new fiesta st?

hoping it is so we might get a mountune option , their kit brings it up to 165kw/340nm

I emailed mountune but got a generic response
Old 14-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #247
cappie

Focus v Corolla v new Mazda3

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...salesc.8244845
cappie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2019, 08:22 PM   #248
CatonaPC©

@Cappie; Don Pasquale has sailed into the bay. Held up outside the heads because the RORO dock had three vessels docked there during the day.

Won't be long now. (Still hopeful mine was keeping yours company . . . )
Old 14-05-2019, 09:13 PM   #249
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
@Cappie; Don Pasquale has sailed into the bay. Held up outside the heads because the RORO dock had three vessels docked there during the day.

Won't be long now. (Still hopeful mine was keeping yours company . . . )
Yes, I've been following it most of the day. I was wondering why it was delayed.
I wonder when customs will come On board and how long that will take.
Old 18-05-2019, 10:08 AM   #250
KosCo

For those interested in the Titanium model (of which I am one) here is the link to the Australian Car Advice review of the car -
https://www.caradvice.com.au/755255/...tanium-review/
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2019, 10:14 AM   #251
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was disappointed to read about the below average sound system. Ford use to do really good systems even in base models. Being bang and Olufsen it should have been brilliant.
Old 18-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #252
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Was disappointed to read about the below average sound system. Ford use to do really good systems even in base models. Being bang and Olufsen it should have been brilliant.
I had a brief sit in a Titanium and connected the media via Bluetooth (obviously not the best method to get a true sense of the sound quality) but I was happy with it? Good base, sounded clear and I didn't get any rattles or anything?

Good to notice no negative feedback on the calibration of the automatic going from drive to reverse, seems the software patch has resolved that niggle. Now if Ford can bring some into the country with all the gear I want!
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #253
fobzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
Good to notice no negative feedback on the calibration of the automatic going from drive to reverse, seems the software patch has resolved that niggle. Now if Ford can bring some into the country with all the gear I want!
Is that actually a thing? mine does it and if theres a fix i'll book it in
Old 18-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #254
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobzee View Post
Is that actually a thing? mine does it and if theres a fix i'll book it in
One test car in particular seemed to have a lot of complaints about it being slow to go to Drive to Reverse and Reverse to Drive. Word was there was a software issue and Ford were able to rectify it. When I test drove a Trend I noticed it, but not anywhere near as much on the ST-Line I had as a loaner.

Scroll back through this thread and someone mentions a software update.
Old 18-05-2019, 04:23 PM   #255
KosCo

I was looking through the photo gallery with the review on the car and noticed that the number plate seems to be very large and not very nice. Hope it's possible to change to a more slimmer and attractive number plate.
Old 18-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #256
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
I was looking through the photo gallery with the review on the car and noticed that the number plate seems to be very large . . .
I think this was discussed in the other forum. I'm sure it can be changed but I'm not sure it plays a big role in the decision about whether or not to buy a Focus if it can't be.
Old 18-05-2019, 06:26 PM   #257
cappie

Quote:
I was looking through the photo gallery with the review on the car and noticed that the number plate seems to be very large and not very nice. Hope it's possible to change to a more slimmer and attractive number plate.
This is one of the first things I noticed when I first saw the car.

I've asked the Stealership to remove that front number plate holder when I get my car and get them to just screw the number plate on to the grille where the two holes are.
Old 18-05-2019, 06:53 PM   #258
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappie View Post
I've asked the Stealership to remove that front number plate holder when I get my car and get them to just screw the number plate on to the grille where the two holes are.
Umm, I don't think that's allowed. It's likely the position of the mounts would mean drilling through the actual number plate and that is illegal (at least in Victoria). You can only mount the plate via the holes provided on the edge of the plate. That's the purpose of the number plate mount. If the dealer does it right, they will put a smaller number plate holder and mount the plate on that.

Be very careful here, because you can get pulled over if for any reason the screw just happens to be between or over a number.

I'd suggest, just let the dealer mount it the way they usually do and then go out and buy yourself a slimmer plate mount and change it yourself.
Old 18-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #259
cappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Umm, I don't think that's allowed. It's likely the position of the mounts would mean drilling through the actual number plate and that is illegal (at least in Victoria). You can only mount the plate via the holes provided on the edge of the plate. That's the purpose of the number plate mount. If the dealer does it right, they will put a smaller number plate holder and mount the plate on that.

Be very careful here, because you can get pulled over if for any reason the screw just happens to be between or over a number.

I'd suggest, just let the dealer mount it the way they usually do and then go out and buy yourself a slimmer plate mount and change it yourself.
I've taken pics of a Focus at my local dealership where the back number plate has screws through the letters/numbers. I'm in Melb too btw.
Old 18-05-2019, 09:03 PM   #260
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappie View Post
I've taken pics of a Focus at my local dealership where the back number plate has screws through the letters/numbers.
I'm just going by what I heard and the reasons why number plate holders exist. Just reading the regs, and there is the issue of ensuring the number plates remain legible and untampered when mounted.
Old 19-05-2019, 12:27 AM   #261
cappie

Let's see what happens.
Old 19-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #262
KosCo

I noticed in the Car Advice report they said that "two-thirds city driving and a third on the highway, we returned 10.4L/100km".

I thought that seems a bit high. Can any new owners give us an idea of how their fuel consumption is going.
Thanks.
Old 20-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #263
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
I noticed in the Car Advice report they said that "two-thirds city driving and a third on the highway, we returned 10.4L/100km".

I thought that seems a bit high. Can any new owners give us an idea of how their fuel consumption is going.
Thanks.
I noticed that the article mentioned the test car was very new and had not been run it yet. That combined with majority city driving, I would think that consumption would be about right.

Ran in and not being "tested" by a journalist, I would assume an owner would bet better consumption figures.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #264
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I noticed that the article mentioned the test car was very new and had not been run it yet.
Hmm? Is this really a relevant excuse in these days of precision computer-controlled robot built engines where they virtually come off the production line blue-printed and hardly touched by human hands?

I would not be surprised that the expression "run-in" has been excised from the Oxford dictionary because, sadly, most buyers don't even know what an engine is.

Yes, the consumption figure is a tad HIGH but journos usually keep that right pedal a tad LOW!
Old 20-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #265
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I suppose the term "ran in" can be interpreted a few ways.

I assume the writer was referring to the fact that a brand new engine will tend to use more fuel before "loosening" up?
Mustang GT

Old 20-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #266
CatonaPC©

The last time I was asked to 'properly' run-in a new car was in my 1978 Datsun 200B. These days, it's not something you'd need to worry about. Perhaps 'running-in' means something new these days.

I carried out accurate fuel consumption monitoring on my previous two cars, an LZ Trend and a Honda Jazz. For both cars, the fuel consumption when they were new was the same as when they were well 'loosened up' one year later. In short engines come out of the factory incredibly well built and it is rare that they would perform any better or use less fuel as time passes.

I will be trading in my LZ Trend for a Focus Active, but even though, I'd expect the new car with it's 8-speed gearbox should be a little more economical, my gut feeling, with most of my driving being in heavy traffic is, that it will not be.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2019, 09:40 PM   #267
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I tend agree with the whole run myth. All of my cars have been run hard from the moment I left the dealership.

Out of interest, what sort of consumption numbers have you been achieving with the LZ?
Mustang GT

Old 20-05-2019, 09:55 PM   #268
KosCo

Quote:
Out of interest, what sort of consumption numbers have you been achieving with the LZ?

Out of interest, consuption on my LZ (3 years old) and used mainly in traffic is 8.6L/100km. Our LW (6 years old) and used mainly in traffic is 8.2L/100km. Hence, why I was surprised at the 10.4L/100km quoted on the new Focus.
Old 21-05-2019, 12:05 AM   #269
CatonaPC©

Quote:
My average in my auto LZ Trend is in the 9s in city traffic. Sometimes a little lower. I rarely average 10s which is one of the reasons I think the car tested by the journos might have been driven a little aggressively After all, they are testing the car to it extremes, so you would expect consumption to be a little higher.
Old 23-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #270
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.metroford.com.au/all-sto...-AUTO/18507464

Seems we are definitely getting the Ambiente trim. No official announcement from Ford though.