Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #1
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Powered site

Hi

wondered what can you put on a powered van site that doesn't have all that packing up and setting up that a camper or tent has that's as comfortable as a van/cabin just so you can think about a powered site as a option to think about as well as occasionally hiring cabins.

because don't have a van yet and making do until then however long it takes,

wondered because some people bring their van to a local park when they want and can afford and it'd be nice to go to a local van park little more regular.

that's reason for wondering what to put on a powered site if there is anything that you can put on that doesn't have all that packing and setting up that a camper and tent does to think about as a option that's as confortable as a van and cabin.

Don't really want all that packing that a camper or tent has and want it as comfortable as a van/cabin and only want to have to pack a few things and set up a few things and that's it. With a van you only got to pack a few things and just unhook it when you get there wind legs down and plug it into power and connect water hose and just get a few things out to annex and that's it,

just making do until then
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Powered site

Well I suppose you could look at a small camper van,around early HiAce size,only really suitable for 2 people
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:28 PM   #3
comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:16 PM   #4
prydey
Rob

whats your budget?

i recently bought a jayco camper trailer (jayco swan), which is a bit of a cross between a caravan and a camper. These are the wind up vans, so mostly canvas walls once its up. I can have mine up in about 20mins by myself. probably another 20 to have the awning out and fully set up. Not exactly super quick, but fairly stress free.

i find it a reasonable compromise without going to a full size van. it stays fairly well ready to go. just need to add food and clothes and you're ready to camp.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:17 PM   #5
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rear fold and forward fold campers don't have as much set sup or pack up as a soft floor CT. The idea above about a camper van is good.
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS69 View Post
Rear fold and forward fold campers don't have as much set sup or pack up as a soft floor CT. The idea above about a camper van is good.
agree. the latest forward fold campers go up very quickly. unfortunately these are still fairly new to the market and priced accordingly. Rear folds (hard floor) have been around a lot longer and are available for a lot less depending on what you are after.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #7
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old XH panelvan did it for me. I travelled all over the place. I used a pushy to get down the shops, had a matress in the back, DVD player on the roof, card table, camp stove, and esky. Takes all of 30 seconds to pack up camp, just throw everything in the back of the van.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2017, 10:38 PM   #8
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #9
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by car10002 View Post
Hi

wondered what can you put on a powered van site that doesn't have all that packing up and setting up that a camper or tent has that's as comfortable as a van/cabin just so you can think about a powered site as a option to think about as well as occasionally hiring cabins.

because don't have a van yet and making do until then however long it takes,

wondered because some people bring their van to a local park when they want and can afford and it'd be nice to go to a local van park little more regular.

that's reason for wondering what to put on a powered site if there is anything that you can put on that doesn't have all that packing and setting up that a camper and tent does to think about as a option that's as confortable as a van and cabin.

Don't really want all that packing that a camper or tent has and want it as comfortable as a van/cabin and only want to have to pack a few things and set up a few things and that's it. With a van you only got to pack a few things and just unhook it when you get there wind legs down and plug it into power and connect water hose and just get a few things out to annex and that's it,

just making do until then
My late father had a camper trailer that he could manage on his own at 80.

Great for short stays but you wouldn't want to spend much time in it.

I'd save a few bucks and pick up a cheap caravan if that is what you really want.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #10
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How many people?? 2 of us toured up the East coast from Melb to Cains in a little fold up Avan.Had all we needed as in fridge hotplates sink etc.Double bed 2 min job to convert to couch.Set the roof up in about 1 minute,plug in power and water hose,job done.Probably no more than 10 -20 minutes all done including TV antenna and awning
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
roKWiz
Cabover nut

This is all I need to travel up and down the eastcoast 10 months of the year.
Self built converted 12ft pantec Mazda/Ford truck (boxtruck) My last MH relied on a 240V umbilical cord but this one is strictly 12V solar.

When I first started out I had a converted Mitsy L300 van.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post