Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #271
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

When you go out for dinner at a really nice place and come out to your car that you spent two hours detailing that afternoon to find some lowlife has peed and spat all over it. Now I'm glad it didn't get keyed this time but everytime something like this happens it makes me want to sell all my nice things. It a very upperclass suburb as well, can't believe some drunk decided it would be a good idea.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #272
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
When you go out for dinner at a really nice place and come out to your car that you spent two hours detailing that afternoon to find some lowlife has peed and spat all over it. Now I'm glad it didn't get keyed this time but everytime something like this happens it makes me want to sell all my nice things. It a very upperclass suburb as well, can't believe some drunk decided it would be a good idea.
Wow. Words cant describe. Sorry to hear. I know what u mean.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #273
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
The know-it-alls.

People with the "mine's bigger than yours" complex or ppl who just have this need to one-up everything someone says. Things like:
1. what something cost (of course theirs cost way more)
2. the time when..... (of course their time when...... has to be much more interesting to beat it)
3. someone getting a warning for speeding (of course they drove way faster than that when they were stopped)
4. the crazy lady who stopped by a friend's workplace asking for her check when she doesn't even work there (and of course, their crazy lady story goes that there's a crazy lady who takes showers in her front lawn and it just happened to be the other day)
5. a concert we all want to go to (and yes, they had backstage access AND front row seats to another concert)

.................and there's more. Come on, it's not a competition!
Jeez, you and I must know the same bloke....stopped speaking to him a while ago, got sick of it.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #274
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whingers who whine to the local council all the time. We have one just down the street, he was constantly complaining about our cars, then he moved onto the neighbours’ dog. Our neighbour put up one of those car tents to protect his car that wouldn’t fit in the garage, and the whinger complained to the council and made him take it down.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #275
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it when retailers continue to sell products that they must know are useless crap, and then get all ****y when you take it back. I don’t mean cheap stuff where you get what you pay for, I mean things that work for about 5 seconds before blowing up, or just aren’t what they claim to be.
Old 16-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #276
OZYWALKER
XR50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Whingers who whine to the local council all the time. We have one just down the street, he was constantly complaining about our cars, then he moved onto the neighbours’ dog. Our neighbour put up one of those car tents to protect his car that wouldn’t fit in the garage, and the whinger complained to the council and made him take it down.
Had this a while back about my dog and a few neighbours dogs. Figured out who it was and let's just say they stopped complaining after that.
Old 16-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #277
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it that when shopping for items of a certain type, my choise is essentaiily limited to the following;
a) Load of choice & good prices from a discount chain (under)staffed by 15 year old girls who know less than nothing about the products they’re selling, and can’t even find the ones advertised in their catalogue.
b) A bloke who knows everything there is to know about the subject, treats you like a dill, has limited selection, and needs a 500% markup on everything because he only makes about 3 sales a day.
c) Buying online from some guy in China, who doesn’t speak English and doesn’t really know what he’s selling.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2013, 02:38 AM   #278
malazn mafia
Boss 335

When you wake up one morning and Julia Gilliard is suddenly prime minister, when you wake up another morning and realised Ford Australia has changed it's CEO yet again, and worst of all when you wake up one morning to find that Ford Australia is closing down.

Change sucks. Bring back the good old days.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #279
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something that ****** me off is the almost constant interruptions to traffic on main roads and freeways cause by “traffic management” that is often simply a giant “screw you.” It’s now got to the point, where for a contractor to do just about ANYTHING near a main road, they have to submit a traffic management plan. So a $500 repair job comes with $5,000 traffic management plan. So much so that the contractors often say “right, **** you, if we have to get the traffic monkeys in, we’ll have em shut down an entire lane for two kilometres” just so they can replace one light bulb.
Some bright spark once decided that putting railway lines down the middle of our freeway was a great idea. Then an even brighter spark decided to plant trees, so now to prune a ******* tree they have to stop the trains, turn off the power, and block off a lane of the freeway.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #280
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Living in a new estate that is full of round abouts with dual lanes and people proceed to come into your lane whilst negotiating said round abouts.

The lines means you stay inside it
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #281
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
My wife came home from work (she works for a national ladies retail chain in our local shopping centre) yesterday to tell me that head office had called them regarding a complaint made to them about the store.

Was it in regard to poor service, or the that the store was messy or that the salespeople were wearing clothes that weren't available int he store??

No, the person had rung head office to complain that the clothes on the mannequin in the front window did not fit properly int that they were too loose.!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to me that someone had something a little bit loose....and it wasn't their clothes

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #282
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
My wife came home from work (she works for a national ladies retail chain in our local shopping centre) yesterday to tell me that head office had called them regarding a complaint made to them about the store.

Was it in regard to poor service, or the that the store was messy or that the salespeople were wearing clothes that weren't available int he store??

No, the person had rung head office to complain that the clothes on the mannequin in the front window did not fit properly int that they were too loose.!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to me that someone had something a little bit loose....and it wasn't their clothes

Craig H
You would be surprised at the sorts of complaints people make towards retailers, or anyone in a customer service role...

That's the tip of the iceberg.. and yes, a lot of them are moments.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #283
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
You would be surprised at the sorts of complaints people make towards retailers, or anyone in a customer service role...

Yep, I used to work for David Jones. Got a complaint about the toilets. DJ's is real fussy about their toilets.

Not fussy enough though. I overheard this woman complaining to a female colleague that the paper was "rough to the touch and not very absorbent" FFS!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #284
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Yep, I used to work for David Jones. Got a complaint about the toilets. DJ's is real fussy about their toilets.

Not fussy enough though. I overheard this woman complaining to a female colleague that the paper was "rough to the touch and not very absorbent" FFS!
Wow.

I can see all complaints made by tenants with regards to issues in their workplace and I will guarantee 97% of them are petty. Also got spammed by some people who wanted a recently closed Donut King reopened in a shopping centre.

Also one weird request one time with being asked to join a swingers party complete with NSFW pictures.
Old 18-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #285
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Wow.

I can see all complaints made by tenants with regards to issues in their workplace and I will guarantee 97% of them are petty.....
I must be in the 3% of tenants who DON'T complain enough about paying for outgoings that never get done by the land lord each year. Yeah, thats right, I'm paying my share of certain things like toilet paper ($900pa) for 3 staff to use 1 ply dunny paper, and each year it goes up by a couple of hundred. I pay $1300 a year in landscaping fees (for our share) yet I have only seen our poxy 3m x 6m garden we are responsible for, cleaned about 2-3 times a year that I have seen. Yet we share it with the next tenant. there are other outgoings which I pay for that are quite frivolous that get added to outgoings each year that I pay for year in year out, yet when I ask for a bloody receipt from the services to prove these invoices exist, we don't get one. how convenient.

Sounds petty doesn't it? Maybe I should complain a bit more to get what we are paying for.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #286
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, Something that REALLY ***** me off, and I mean REALLY.
When looking online at something like cars on Gumtree, or on real-estate.com, or on e-bay, etc. They have all these categories to help you narrow down what you’re looking for.
For example you can go on Gumtree and choose that you want a Ford Fairmont, 2001-2002, in blue, <150,000km, <$5,000, registered, on LPG, in Perth, etc, etc.
AND do you think people can fill out the categories correctly? “My Fragrant French **** they can.” I mean how HARD is it, they’re all mostly tick boxes.
We’re also looking to buy a new house, and because I am sick of fighting with the effing ranger about cars on the verge, I am looking for a house with multiple garages. Yet I see an ad for a home that the agent claims has SIX, and yet looking at the picture it doesn’t even have a freaking garage or carport. Where are these “SIX” parking bays?
Old 18-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #287
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Mate I feel your pain. In my old area one of the councillors opened a facebook page to field questions and concerns by the locals.
And the whinging ranges from petty crap like your neighbour, to full blown proposals for multi million dollar projects, which, when argued against by someone with half a brain they go "well, I don't know about those negatives and how they'll effect the place, but I'm going to continue with my tunnel visioned argument that doesn't make sense, because I'm not being very clear about it".
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #288
Lotte

Quote:
When looking online at something like cars on Gumtree, or on real-estate.com, or on e-bay, etc. They have all these categories to help you narrow down what you’re looking for.
For example you can go on Gumtree and choose that you want a Ford Fairmont, 2001-2002, in blue, <150,000km, <$5,000, registered, on LPG, in Perth, etc, etc.
AND do you think people can fill out the categories correctly? “My Fragrant French **** they can.” I mean how HARD is it, they’re all mostly tick boxes.
We’re also looking to buy a new house, and because I am sick of fighting with the effing ranger about cars on the verge, I am looking for a house with multiple garages. Yet I see an ad for a home that the agent claims has SIX, and yet looking at the picture it doesn’t even have a freaking garage or carport. Where are these “SIX” parking bays?
on the "grass". I see those houses too. SIX CAR SPOTS? oh, two car garage and room on the property for four more? NEXT.

Old 19-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #289
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotski View Post
on the "grass". I see those houses too. SIX CAR SPOTS? oh, two car garage and room on the property for four more? NEXT.
We found this a whole heap when looking for a unit to live in closer to work...

Car space does not equal carport
Carport does not equal garage
An enclosed balcony isn't a bedroom
An internal laundry isn't the 'possibility of re-plumbing the shower pipes into the bedroom robe for a washing machine'
Low strata does not mean 50% more than the block next door.
A recently revovated kitchen / bathroom isn't 10 years old.

Etc etc etc... I started to take the ads with me on paper (before I had mobile wifi on my phone) because often the agent would act all confused when I would confront them about what the add said compared to reality...

And yes... the 'garage' that is really a patch of grass in the front / back yard really irks me too...

Old 19-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #290
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Ebay is full of merchants that advertise they have a warehouse in: Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Berlin etc etc etc.

So, when trying to buy larger items that I would want to inspect / see working prior to handing over a large sum I would email these people with the basic question of inspection at their Sydney warehouse...

I would either get no reply, or one that states they are international and I'm not to worry about if it's from Sydney or not.

Same when I question where I can take the item back to for repair or warranty... you would think the local warehouse... right? Their first reply is something vague about how "I needn't worry as they will look after me in all situations". So, I ask the same question again, this time with a request to reply to the question directly. Does it go to their 'local warehouse' Nope, post back to some Asian country because the Sydney / NY / Berlin etc places don't exist....

And Ebay couldn't give a hoot....

Old 19-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #291
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I had a bit of the same when looking for an apartment. Two bedrooms is NOT one bedroom and a small alcove next to the living room big enough for a baby crib which doesn't even have a damn door.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #292
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev View Post
Yes I had a bit of the same when looking for an apartment. Two bedrooms is NOT one bedroom and a small alcove next to the living room big enough for a baby crib which doesn't even have a damn door.
Oh God, yeah. What is it with these stupid agents???
Two of my daughters have moved to Melbourne for study, so we were looking at apartments. We'd look through the photo's and then email the agent "WHERE is the 2nd bedroom you advertised" and the reply would be "it has a study nook." WTF Man?
Old 19-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #293
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

Agreed, being privy to official complaints made towards the company i work for some are really just borderline whinging.

Also the the day to day verbal complaints have me scratching my head sometimes.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #294
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
We had some new neighbours move in behind us about 2 years ago, anyway recently they started putting up a big shed.

The people across the road (who live in a big shed, no house) complained about it being ugly, and he had to take it down because he didn't apply for a permit.

I'm surprised no one has complained about my cars, between the 3 of us we have 6 cars out the front.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #295
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

People who insist that white chocolate taste the same as milk chocolate.....

Old 22-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #296
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
The know-it-alls.

People with the "mine's bigger than yours" complex or ppl who just have this need to one-up everything someone says. Things like:
1. what something cost (of course theirs cost way more)
2. the time when..... (of course their time when...... has to be much more interesting to beat it)
3. someone getting a warning for speeding (of course they drove way faster than that when they were stopped)
4. the crazy lady who stopped by a friend's workplace asking for her check when she doesn't even work there (and of course, their crazy lady story goes that there's a crazy lady who takes showers in her front lawn and it just happened to be the other day)
5. a concert we all want to go to (and yes, they had backstage access AND front row seats to another concert)

.................and there's more. Come on, it's not a competition!
Used to know a fella like that. Told him I slept with his mum. He couldn't top that.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #297
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Call centres that don't have the function to tell you what number in line you are when waiting for customer service....

Old 23-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #298
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27
I hate it when a customer comes in, takes up 20mins of my time, has me checking prices, offering discounts and using my knowledge. Then they turn around and say, I am just looking for prices right now. In the mean time I have missed out on 2 paying customers (my new job has commissions). I am not a pushy guyand go out of my way to help a customer even to the point I have missed out on sales by explaining they don't need a new item because the one they already have will do the job, but to waste my time for 20mins, having known you were not going to buy and cost me actual sales. That annoys me.
I hate when I go looking around at products, only to have a Clingy and somewhat desperate salesman Ignore the fact that i dont want to waste his/her time and that i am only looking..

Then they get crabby when I dont purchase something after they waste my time trying to prise info out of me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
My pet hate on the road is these idiots who are turning off and have to swing wide and take a broad arc to go around the turn. I don't know how many times I've almost been sideswiped by these @$%%%$ while sticking to my lane and minding my own business. You're driving a Toyota Yaris, not a god damn b-double you *%^$%.
I've seen some mongs take a bigger line to turn a small car than i take with my B-Double.... Boggles the mind really.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #299
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

75 KPH on the highway in a vehicle that is more than capable of the road speed indicated

highway clearly marked at 110 kph........

me pulling 1850 kilos, takes me a while to wind up to get around them........that gets my goat a bit

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #300
Lotte

Asking what I think is a fairly definitive and direct question, and getting the answer to a completely different question.

Starting to think the other half is secretly a politician.....