Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-11-2016, 12:48 AM   #31
xr8cam

Default Re: Buying a used FPV or HSV

I was obsessed with E series XR8's for a long time and it always seemed the best were out of state. I bought a local one but quickly discovered it was going to consume more time & money than I was prepared to commit to a the time. Luckily I sold it without losing any hard earned and went back to classifieds. I ended up with a very clean 220kw au xr8 with only 90k on the clock. It is an easy car to work on, parts are easy to get & priced ok This car goes hard, looks different enough and sounds great. The feeling I get everytime I fire her up for a drive is like nothing else. Untill that goes, I will be keeping this one.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2016, 01:59 AM   #32
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I reckon pick of the FPV or HSV is the VF HSV , just so much car.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2016, 12:11 PM   #33
Swordie

They are great cars and sold in smaller volumes. Basically you need to wait if you want to wait for the right car. It pays to be patient if you plan to keep the car long term.

I'm guessing v8 FGs would of been sold in lower numbers compared to HSV.

Manual VZ 6.0 would be great car. Nice looking, less weight than VE and cheaper than good FG.

FG is really cool looking car too. GTE is my favorite.

I like more original looking cars. There's quite a few with people adding own touches (eg changing wheels).
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #34
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRturbo69 View Post
Just wait out for the right car mate, have patience. I don't know if you remember but a while back i was looking for an xr50 turbo, same deal i was fussy, had to be black, under 110,000kms. All of the 50ths that came up were either the wrong colour or asking way more that what they're worth. I budgeted for just over 20k which was more than reasonable and i remember you telling me to basically stick to my budget and the right one will come up. I was about 11 months into the search when i finally got a notification that another black xr50t had come up on carsales in vic, as soon as i opened it up, had a dreamer pricetag on it. I got ****ed off basically saying "**** that, for that much i can get an F6". Put FG F6s in the search tab, a black one had just been put up, ridiculously good price, one owner, basically wanted a quick sale as he'd just bought a new mustang. A week later it was in my driveway. I guess what I'm trying to say is, just wait for the right one mate. A wise man told me that once
True mate, I guess it''s annoying because the value on my XR6T is going down and V8's aren't, so it's costing me money waiting as well i'm seriously shocked at how little people look after these cars though, servicing is disregarded let alone maintaining the vehicle with brakes etc. Almost all cars I have looked at need a few grand spent minimum to get them back to what they should be. It seems people buy them, realise they cant afford the upkeep, keep them until they really need those service items fixed, tyres, brakes, bushes etc and then sell.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post