Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2020, 01:10 AM   #3061
zilo
BANNED

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
There is a setting in your FB app that allows it to obtain your contacts. It then uploads them into FB and matches on phone number. Your OT will have an account so it will then link you together as people who know each other.

I setup a facebook account that says i am female, work for the CIA and am an astronaut who won astronaut of the year in 2018.

I now get friend requests from NASA folk....
Haven't got a friend request from CIA yet....:(

I invited every Nigerian I could randomly find and sent them friend requests....the resonse was huge..I now have 37000 friends all messaging me about birthdays etc etc

My facebook account is so full of crap that it is a nightmare for anyone to keep a track of anything through all the misdirection.

So now i can get in...quickly check up on family members that put unauthorised crap on FB and beat them over the head to remove it.
Old 15-05-2020, 07:16 AM   #3062
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So because Cav has relaxed settings in his fb account, therefore we all might as well download gubbament tracking apps on our phones?

That's the best logic I've heard yet, I'm in!!
2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #3063
prydey
Rob

Every single app that is downloaded from the store will ask to access your phone in some way or other, whether it be location services, contacts, camera or a range of other systems. Most people just say yes without a second thought.
Old 15-05-2020, 09:47 AM   #3064
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I realize that the powers that be, can access whatever they want..... But I would also like to think there's a difference between being under control, & handing over free reigns.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #3065
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Yes, if the government or their muck-raking acolytes want to broadcast twisted information about (say) an opposing person I prefer it to be obtained by means that would generally be considered despicable if/when revealed - rather than by simply logging into their “access all areas” portal.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #3066
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I removed the Covid19 app from my phone as a direct consequence of the Amazon CEO saying on the record that if the US Govt asked for Australian citizens privacy details that they would have to give it to them.

No Bill of rights Protection in the US constitution for Aussies ...surprise...surprise.
What info are they going to get from the covid app?
Old 15-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #3067
prydey
Rob

I have the app on my phone. anyone spying on my life will soon get bored.

i think some people on here have an inflated worth of themselves.
Old 15-05-2020, 10:33 AM   #3068
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I think some people on here have an inflated worth of themselves.
I guess you wouldn't have a problem with ur wife installing hidden cameras in the house to make sure ur not cheating on her, even though ur loyal?
Old 15-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #3069
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have the app on my phone. anyone spying on my life will soon get bored.

This is a very bad logic to follow. Just like the "I Have nothing to hide" argument.

Then apps ask for a little more more info. Then a little more, then a little more, then a little more. People hand it over because "hey I'm not criminal I have nothing to hide"

2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #3070
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
I guess you wouldn't have a problem with ur wife installing hidden cameras in the house to make sure ur not cheating on her, even though ur loyal?
nope, none whatsoever. i don't get the connection though. does the app allow the govt to install hidden cameras in my house?

even so, what would they see? nothing illegal, thats for sure.
Old 15-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #3071
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
What info are they going to get from the covid app?
Without the app you could catch covid then recover & live happily ever after.

With the app the govt will know you have had the virus and may impose all sorts of conditions/restrictions on you, because they can.

Here's a little story to ponder on.
30 Years ago I had a heart attack & lived happily ever after until about 10 Years ago when I made the RMS aware of it while dealing with a completely unrelated matter.
Since then I've had to get a full medical EVERY Year just to keep driving.

If your covid status gets loose it could be detrimental to many many facets of your life, think all insurances, driving, public service employment, military etc.

Give them nothing.
Old 15-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #3072
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

9 new cases for Australia and no deaths so CMR is down to 1.255% and active cases to 8.4%. NSW, Victoria and WA all recorded new cases while Queensland has recorded new cases today already.

No change in NZ but active cases are now down to 4.9%.

3,446 new cases and 428 deaths in the UK so MR improves to 14.417% and active cases is unchanged at 85.4%.

More than 25k new cases in the USA and almost 1,700 deaths brings the CMR up to 5.968% although active cases drops to 72.4%.

Globally, there are now more than 4.5M cases and 300k deaths at a CMR of 6.7% with an average of 80 cases and 5.4 deaths per 100k of population.

A shocking day for Brazil with more than 13k new cases yesterday.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 15-05-2020 at 10:58 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 10:49 AM   #3073
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
nope, none whatsoever. i don't get the connection though.
Privacy isn't important to you, got it.
Old 15-05-2020, 10:50 AM   #3074
superyob
Banned

Quote:
nope, none whatsoever. i don't get the connection though. does the app allow the govt to install hidden cameras in my house?

even so, what would they see? nothing illegal, thats for sure.
Spendings? Postings? Locations? Web sites visited? Wrong think? Face crime? Visiting Franco's favourite establishments???
Old 15-05-2020, 10:52 AM   #3075
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
Without the app you could catch covid then recover & live happily ever after.

With the app the govt will know you have had the virus and may impose all sorts of conditions/restrictions on you, because they can.

Here's a little story to ponder on.
30 Years ago I had a heart attack & lived happily ever after until about 10 Years ago when I made the RMS aware of it while dealing with a completely unrelated matter.
Since then I've had to get a full medical EVERY Year just to keep driving.

If your covid status gets loose it could be detrimental to many many facets of your life, think all insurances, driving, public service employment, military etc.

Give them nothing.
here's a little story.

hearts don't recover from a heart attack. any tissue etc that dies doesn't regenerate. any damage caused doesn't fix itself without invasive operations. in most/many cases, from that moment on the heart will be working harder than it was previously, and the ability to cope with certain emotions and environments will be reduced.

having a medical every year is for the safety of every other road user, not just yourself.

ever hear of stories where a driver 'had a medical episode' and crashed their car killing innocent people?

its all a conspiracy
Old 15-05-2020, 10:53 AM   #3076
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny thing, took my little one to the doctors, and mentioned chaffing on the thighs that needed some cream. When checking in at the front desk, was told me & my kid had to go into isolation first because the word "rash" had been noted when making the appointment. Told em to wake up to themselves. Can't wait till this madness is over
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 10:53 AM   #3077
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Spendings? Postings? Locations? Web sites visited? Wrong think? Face crime? Visiting Franco's favourite establishments???
like i said, they'd get bored pretty quick and give up.
Old 15-05-2020, 10:56 AM   #3078
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Privacy isn't important to you, got it.
mate, you're here posting on a public forum and you probably own a mobile phone. unless you are one of the few like myself, you probably even have a facebook account. don't pretend you are untouchable to the govt.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:02 AM   #3079
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
like i said, they'd get bored pretty quick and give up.
Can I grab your email address so I can send you a program?

It's just basic remote access software. I just want to have a quick look at your computer. See what photos you have, documents, software and so on. I don't really care that much I just have nothing to do for the next 30 minutes. You can delete the software in 30 mins if you wanted to.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #3080
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Prydey, everyone is entitled to there privacy, for many reasons, but none of which u would understand by the sounds of it
Old 15-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #3081
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Prydey, everyone is entitled to there privacy, for many reasons, but none of which u would understand by the sounds of it
you are naive to think you have privacy.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #3082
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
This is a very bad logic to follow. Just like the "I Have nothing to hide" argument.

Then apps ask for a little more more info. Then a little more, then a little more, then a little more. People hand it over because "hey I'm not criminal I have nothing to hide"

So that image above is from when you tried to install COVIDSafe App on your phone?? Which asked you to give permission for your calculator to make phone calls??

Again, the misinformed trying to inform!
Old 15-05-2020, 11:20 AM   #3083
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Can I grab your email address so I can send you a program?

It's just basic remote access software. I just want to have a quick look at your computer. See what photos you have, documents, software and so on. I don't really care that much I just have nothing to do for the next 30 minutes. You can delete the software in 30 mins if you wanted to.
Yes please, I would very much like a copy of your program.

However, I don't have a mobile phone, so at this point in time I cannot be tracked by the malevolent authoritarians.

Would you be so kind and send me a copy by post.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #3084
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
So that image above is from when you tried to install COVIDSafe App on your phone?? Which asked you to give permission for your calculator to make phone calls??

I thought it was humorous, not serious...
Old 15-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #3085
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

I thought it was quite clear the point of that picture I posted. I didn't think I would have to explain it was not from the covid app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr View Post
Yes please, I would very much like a copy of your program.

However, I don't have a mobile phone, so at this point in time I cannot be tracked by the malevolent authoritarians.

Would you be so kind and send me a copy by post.
Just post your Full name, date of birth, postal address, phone number in this thread and I will send you a copy right away. Unless you're a criminal you have nothing to hide.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #3086
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Honestly Phil, Google has all of the information about you.

Where you go, what you look at on the internet, what you buy, etc (unless you have a 20 year old Nokia mobile phone).

This is the data everyone should be worried about, not some second rate GovCo App that is meant to help control this situation.
Google and facebook can't do anything to me with their info. The government very well could.

And I know who I wouldn't want looking into me, and it ain't private companies who want to sell me stuff.

So the comparison is completely worthless.

The problem is if you don't stop the small invasions of privacy, then don't expect them to stop at wanting the bigger ones.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 02:12 PM   #3087
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Is she hot? Pass on my number
Haven't you seen the pictures of Cav ? you got no hope competing with that. He's got ME considering turning...

PhilT2:

We still have an increase in total deaths that is greater than the normal death toll plus the covid deaths. How do we account for these?

Yeah I was looking at that a couple of weeks ago. There are a few possibilities. The first thing you need to establish is what is a covid death ?

Someone who dies specifically from respiratory problems ?

Dies from other causes but tests positive ?

Dies because of the shutdown ? (suicide for example) or lack of medical resources to attend their medical needs ?

In many countries, perhaps not so much Australia, there has been a significant increase in deaths due to other things which were probably brought on by the virus like suicides accidental deaths due to being at home or otherwise away from work, loss of access to health care..even though this has only been on for a short while the impacts arose quickly.

As I've said before we won't really know until long after it's passed and there is time to study the pandemic properly. For now there are a lot more opinions than certainties.

But we should still speculate wildly

Edit: Oh yeah privacy. Google and FB can do one thing with your data sell it. Also did you know ancestry sell your dna to the government when you get one of those tests.

"resistance is useless" (vogon guard)...

And actually while I'm on a soapbox go to wikipedia and search resistance is useless. Those FW attribute it to star fing trek!!! No fing clue....
2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #3088
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Have people still been servicing their cars during this outbreak? Or holding off like i have been lol - itching to get some things done but trying to be overly-cautious.
Old 15-05-2020, 03:01 PM   #3089
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Have people still been servicing their cars during this outbreak? Or holding off like i have been lol - itching to get some things done but trying to be overly-cautious.
Serviced the car, went to the shopping center, working full time and stuff it I am playing tennis tomorrow. Im such a dare devil.

All depends on where you live and outbreaks in your area.

RE the app, like any topic you have people on the far of both sides. I cant understand some of our culture to never trust authority, and it goes for everything. While I dont subscribe to submit and obey I certainly dont believe the Gov/Cops have it in for me either.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 15-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #3090
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
My customers have been telling me trade is dead, they're not getting much demand for parts from workshops, they're relying on their own attached workshops keeping things movingm
Closed Thread