Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
Rob
Living the dream

Default The AFF Beer Thread

So, firstly, let me state, this isn't a thread about getting smashed.

Ever since I was a wee tacker, I've had a dream. A modest dream, but a dream nonetheless. That dream was to enjoy as many different beers as possible.

So, without any further rubbish, I present to you, the AFF BEER THREAD!

I'd like to start with a personal favourite of mine..

Boags St George
I find this to be one of the easiest beers to drink, while maintaining a pleasant, strong flavour. Good value too, at around $15 for a six pack. Goes well with food, in my humble opinion. 8/10. Any other fans? Anything similar? Post up some suggestions!

Another good one is Sol - I was a bit hesitant, as anything Mexican (read - LS1) has quality issues. Regardless, it turned out to be a fantastic tasting beer. Really really good, much better than Corona.

Leffe Brune - a rather potent Belgian beer, very smooth and very nice. Probably my favourite beer, haven't been able to find it bottled. For you Melbournians, Belgian Beer Cafe, or European Bier Cafe have this on tap. Leffe Blonde is very nice too, but not quite as distinct as Leffe Brune.

They also have a beer with a Pirate on the bottle, but I can't recall the name of that one.

As far as obscure beers go, few weekends ago I had another Belgian brew, I can't recall the name, but it was a brown bottle with a blue top. Something like Metz? Not sure - anyone had it?

Last edited by Rob; 28-10-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post