Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 
Default Focus.... Spare Parts

I have owned Falcons for the past 9 years, and as we know there are plenty
of non-genuine part options around (in addition to Ford and OEM) for all sorts
of things on the car. Some are excellent and some not so good, but all this
does equate to more choice in terms of range, price and quality.

Thus, my question is......
What is the market range like for non-Ford parts for the (imported) Focus?
Is there a sizeable range for consumables such as brake pads, filters and the like?
How about larger items such as a water pump or a radiator?
Is there much on the market for the LW MkII ?

Any comments would be appreciated.
Cheers!

EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Focus.... Spare Parts

There's plenty of aftermarket parts available. Check ebay to verify ;)

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
SXR6
Still a Ford boy... Just.

Pumaspeed.
JWRacing.
Ebay.

That is all.

Once they wake up its water boy time though.
SXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In terms of at automotive retailers they generally will not stock these items, but they are available via order.

I've noted they are normally considerably more expensive though in comparison with Falcon parts.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

I don't know about more expensive, I'm just about to order a grill for my ST from good ol USA and its a lot cheaper than I thought.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find local aftermarket parts hard to get until the model is out of warranty period unless the older model stuff fits the newer one
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Thanks everyone for the info and comments.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Yes, yes, it's an old Thread but the Question in the Title still is relevant today i.m.o. I have a MK I 2003 Focus and am now increasingly finding it difficult to find O.E.M. Parts (from my local Ford Dealer Parts Dept) so my question to those rare MkI Focus owners still out there, where are you sourcing your parts from, please??

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Apparently I have just purchased the VERY LAST Central Locking Door Actuator in stock in Australia. Here's hoping the other (Driver's Side) doesn't go out in sympathy any time soon.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 27-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #10
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a real problem for "modern older" cars Eddie. Manufacturers will only hold spares for so long, the Mk1 is getting on.

Backyard manufactured parts for cars from the 70's/80's is quite possible, getting tougher and expensive with later model cars
Old 29-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #11
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Yeah, where has the 15 Years of ownership gone, pajoda!!!! It's not a "modern" car but neither is it a "Classic". I guess I'll have to wait another 15 for Historic Reg. 30 Years for Historic Registration, correct? I hope you are well, Mate.

Old 30-12-2022, 12:53 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thought I'd keep this thread going by letting everyone know the latest.........my Driver's side door lock actuator has gone now and my local Dealer Spare Parts Dept. say there is nothing in stock anywhere in Australia. As a matter of fact there's literally no spare parts at all. I will now be trying to source parts overseas. It's almost a case for Rare Spares to stock parts for the MkI Focus.

Where are you sourcing parts for your MkI??

This user likes this post: