Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #31
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Default Re: Sydney siege: Hostages held at Martin Place cafe

Its insane.
As bad as it sounds I feel relieved that today is my day off and I didn't have to head into the city for work this morning.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #32
blk6t

The latest NSW Police Chaplin is now a Muslim with the Islamic logo shown on the NSW Police badge, I guess it's the new Chaplin's time to step up...

I do hope all those innocent people walk away from this safely.

This will result in community backlash about how the government is treating religious fanatics in Australia, especially Islamic State sympathisers.

Regarding the fraud of Halal Certification, that's another topic but something that needs to resolved.
Old 15-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #33
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post

Multicultralism is working quite well for me, except for my waist line.

Because you live in country Vic. Go check out parts of Europe and see how the hordes of third worlders is turning out for them, because it is only a sign of things to come at the current rate and it ISN'T going to turn out pretty.

And you cannot compare the integration of post WW2 Greeks/Slavs/Italians to who is coming thru the door these days.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #34
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I think some need to calm down a bit about Muslim leaders having to speak out.

I was actually quite happy with their response with the last flare up..I do believe that the vast majority are appalled by stuff like this.

Its us as a community that need to finish this....know your neighbor, as a society we need to not accept it. There is nothing actually wrong with multiculturalism.

Cool heads gents.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 15-12-2014 at 01:04 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #35
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
white do gooder idealists, how's that multiculturalism working for ya!?
Just confirms that religious zealots of any religion, sex or race are dangerous nutters
__________________... and that bigots will use this tragic situation to argue for racial and religious intolerance.
Old 15-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #36
meteoriTE

This was only a matter of time. These bastards have hate entrenched in them from the day they're born, hate the west and everything they believe in. Hate everyone who is not the same as us, if they are the same and don't do exactly everything we do, then hate them too. I'm sick of all these do gooders telling us it's minority's, well where are all these people of their "peaceful" faith condemning them, all the leaders asking for peace and tolerance. What a F'in joke, these bastards wouldn't know what peace meant or what it is, have a look at their history they have been fight against each other for centuries. But what really sickens me is that our forefathers fought and died for our freedom and peace in our country, only to have a bunch of do gooder morons let this $h!t in this great country, whose only prerogative is to hate and try to destroy us.
6 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #37
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
LOL, I'm actually watching ABC news now and they're reporting on it quite well and telling us whats going on, there has been no hiding of details so far.
And see they shouldn't be doing this, or at the very least, watering down what they're reporting. For example another news outlet has stated there are a gaggle of Blackhawks en route to Sydney with troops on board. Could be true or could be BS, but this is intel that the bad guys can access if they have a smartphone

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 15-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #38
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
Because you live in country Vic. Go check out parts of Europe and see how the hordes of third worlders is turning out for them, because it is only a sign of things to come at the current rate and it ISN'T going to turn out pretty.

And you cannot compare the integration of post WW2 Greeks/Slavs/Italians to who is coming thru the door these days.
I mentioned some Indian food in there and the Middle East got a rep (Kebab is a Lebanese/Turkish thing and both types are different to each other)

I haven't sampled any African cusine yet if thats who you are mentioning

Everyone hates the new guy until they become part of your group, everyone has had issues integrating its not like this is a new thing, my grandparents isolated themselves and formed their own community when they came here after WWII and there was a lot of Italian - Australian violence and hatred in the 1950s towards each other according to them.

These days, virtually non existent between Europeans-Australians.

Go to a restaurant in Lygon Street in Melbourne, and you'll find majority of the people serving you are European foreigners working here.

More education is required I think and on both sides, for the people who are coming here and us.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 15-12-2014 at 01:13 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #39
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 15-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #40
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Attention Sarah Hanson-Young: you and your ilk want Australia to accept more of these people. Wake up.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #41
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
He looks middle aged to me.

I don't understand terrorism, if you want to make a change you can usually do it via non violent methods and people power with political disobedience, if you take up arms you're fighting on the Government's terms.

The Government will out man and out gun you every single time, you don't take up arms against them to make a point otherwise you're the one who ends up 6 feet under.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 15-12-2014 at 01:22 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #42
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
He looks middle aged for me.

I don't understand terrorism,
Terrorism is psychological warfare.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
4 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #43
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:

I don't understand terrorism, if you want to make a change you can usually do it via non violent methods and people power with political disobedience, if you take up arms you're fighting on the Government's terms.

The Government will out man and out gun you every single time, you don't take up arms against them to make a point otherwise you're the one who ends up 6 feet under.
Of course you don't understand terrorism, you're a normal rational thinking adult who isn't blinded by fanatical devotion to a warped interpretation of a religion.

Ok you're also an ALP fanboi but I can overlook that

This user likes this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #44
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:

agreed damo
but terrorists are like us
products of their environment

its programmed into them like cars are absolutely friggin awesome is programmed into us
we are products of our environment
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #45
cram_it_frog
wombat

those poor people in the coffee shop what a way to start a week

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
7 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #46
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Any news on comm's? I want the guy splattered but would be better if those people did not witness it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Closed Thread