Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2020, 07:15 PM   #7381
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

"The south-east Asian city-state has announced that, from November 6, Victorians will join the rest of Australia in being able to enter Singapore without having to quarantine."

https://www.traveller.com.au/singapo...stralia-h1rsnj

All well and good, but the feds aren't allowing people to leave

And when holiday makers come back do they need to do 14 days in NT? Hope so. Too close to Malaysia for my liking, which is currently going through a spike in cases.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-10-2020, 07:27 PM   #7382
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they don't want people to leave short term (days or weeks) because that will increase the burden on quarantine. If you are leaving long term (months) then I think you should be ok.

You'd want to make sure your travel insurance is really good though because Covid is not an unforeseen problem so I imagine if you can get covered it will cost a lot more than usual and if not you probably aren't covered

My mum had a Europe trip booked earlier in the year and is still trying to get her money back. Apparently it's because the companies sell to wholesalers who sell to travel companies who the sell to clients. But one of the worst ones is the travel insurance.

You'd think that since you hadn't entered the liability period it should be full payment less an admin fee. But they basically taken most of the amount in fees even though they have no liability since she never travelled

I told her to tell em to get ****ed, they have provided no service and therefore had no liability. That seems like outright theft to me.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 30-10-2020 at 07:42 PM.
Old 30-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #7383
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Bravo good post tweeked.
I find T3rminator quite trying over time, like he's on Dans payroll looking to cover tracks.....and compare to NSW but they did the same yaddayaddayadda....mate its not State vs State but if you like to see it as a game, there's errors always from both sides.
I seem to have that affect on some people. But if you took your own advice, you will see we are in agreement i.e. "everyone is in the wrong somewhere."

Just waiting for the boss in the UK to wake up then I'll be on my way
Old 30-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #7384
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I seem to have that affect on some people. But if you took your own advice, you will see we are in agreement i.e. "everyone is in the wrong somewhere."

Just waiting for the boss in the UK to wake up then I'll be on my way
why wait not that she can hit you with the rolling pin.
Dan could do a U turn before you know it.

Not the way I read it but leave it at that......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 31-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #7385
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
France and Germany to introduce National Lockdowns. France from tomorrow, Germany from Monday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/new-lo...rge-in-europe/

Germany faired well during the first wave. Not so this time. Europe is currently experiencing what could well be a bigger wave than the first.

This is not going anywhere. 2021 is only 2 months away.
I was listening to Dr Fauci the other day , the one Trump now thinks is been around too long for 500 years because he disagrees with Trump's simplistic assessment even though Fauci has been a chief and respected advisor to so many ..All credibility for Trump's thoughts on this should have ended when he suggested drinking disinfectant when some of the greatest medical minds on the planet are still trying frantically to save vunerable lives all over developing vaccines and treatments.

I realise costly mistakes were made in Victoria and the second outbreak in the State has cost a lot of good people their lives but Dr Fauci has commended the Victorian authorities and Australia generally I think for doing some things done to mitigate the mess .

Briefly leaving politics out of it , given the worrying opinions by health experts that the Northern Hemisphere are likely to be hit with a second major outbreak over winter I hope we learn some valuable lessons at least on this end of the planet .

Hoping that as the Covid 19 puzzle is being figured out that we accept that there might be things done we hate but that it will offset the damage done by this horrible virus .

Back on the political matter

This is the man that Mr Trump basically dismisses as an old fossil ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fauci ..

I disagree Mr Trump . This is the bloke Trump should have continued to listen to for a lot longer .

Last edited by roddy1960; 31-10-2020 at 09:16 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #7386
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now Don Jr says that deaths are 'almost nothing'. 1k or thereabouts day after day is not what I would call nothing.

Unlike his ******** of a father, the average US citizen is not going to get anywhere close to the treatment he got.

US is on an upward trend, which would be good if your stocks followed the same trend.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #7387
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
You'd want to make sure your travel insurance is really good though because Covid is not an unforeseen problem so I imagine if you can get covered it will cost a lot more than usual and if not you probably aren't covered
Most of them have now amended their policies to explicitly exclude pandemics if they didn't already. We went through a rather lengthy recovery process a short while ago but we refused to accept 'credits' from the various agencies involved (you don't have to under Australian law) and we'd taken the insurance when the trip deposit was paid last September so even though the insurer changed their T&C to include pandemics in January, they were required to honour the cover at the date we took it out, which didn't exclude them.

As it happened, the various 'fees' amounted to ~$1,200 which was probably the travel agents whack but we only ended up down by the $100 insurance policy excess.

The scare tactics used by the travel agency to try and convince people to take the various credits being offered by the airlines and cruise company were frankly reprehensible and unfortunately most people on the same 'theme' tour ended up taking them early in the piece which seems OK on the surface except (1) the airline credits were only 50%; and (2) the cruise line credits have to be used within 12 months and that is probably not going to happen given that 12M expires next May.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2020, 01:02 PM   #7388
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Most of them have now amended their policies to explicitly exclude pandemics if they didn't already. We went through a rather lengthy recovery process a short while ago but we refused to accept 'credits' from the various agencies involved (you don't have to under Australian law) and we'd taken the insurance when the trip deposit was paid last September so even though the insurer changed their T&C to include pandemics in January, they were required to honour the cover at the date we took it out, which didn't exclude them.

As it happened, the various 'fees' amounted to ~$1,200 which was probably the travel agents whack but we only ended up down by the $100 insurance policy excess.

The scare tactics used by the travel agency to try and convince people to take the various credits being offered by the airlines and cruise company were frankly reprehensible and unfortunately most people on the same 'theme' tour ended up taking them early in the piece which seems OK on the surface except (1) the airline credits were only 50%; and (2) the cruise line credits have to be used within 12 months and that is probably not going to happen given that 12M expires next May.
My folks had a trip booked in March through trip.com. I think the airline they used was Royal Brunei. Got refunded within 2 weeks, no fees. Very lucky.
Old 31-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #7389
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT October 30th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting except for the Victorian 14 day moving averages.

13 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.289% while active cases rise to 1,433. NSW recorded 6 cases and Queensland, NT, WA & SA 1 case each.

The Victorian State 14 day moving average is steady at 2.86 with metro down to 2.4 (2 unknown) and regional at zero with no unknown cases (including today). Victoria reported 1 new case for the last 24 hours.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.282% and active cases fall to 68.

The UK had a higher 24,405 new cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 274 deaths.

Just over 93.5k new cases (a new record high) in the USA yesterday and 1,041 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.541% and active cases rise top 32.5% with the raw numbers rising and now over 2.9M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences and the numbers for today look worse again.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high of 571,419 (31k more than yesterday);
Europe sets a new daily high of 299,918;
North America sets a new daily high of 113,269, the first day over 100k;
The USA completes 142M and India 107M tests.

Latvia (284)
Albania (319)
Finland (344)
Norway (498)
North Macedonia (930)
Azerbaijan (1,022)
Kenya (1,185)
Denmark (1,191)
Serbia (1,545)
Greece (1,686)
Bulgaria (2,891)
Hungary (3,286)
Slovakia (3,363)
Jordan (3,921)
Portugal (4,656)
Austria (5,627) - 26% above the high yesterday
Romania (6,546)
Ukraine (8,312)
Netherlands (11,119)
Germany (19,367)
Russia (18,283)
Poland (21,629)
Belgium (23,921)
Spain (25,595)
Italy (31,084) - up another 5k on yesterday; and
USA (93,599) - up more than 10k on the high yesterday
... all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #7390
hayseed

Looks like the Northern hemisphere is in for a Loooooong Tough Winter..
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2020, 07:37 PM   #7391
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Victoria reported 1 new case for the last 24 hours.
Russell, I believe that single case turned out to be a false positive, and has been revised to zero cases for VIC today.

Meanwhile, the VIC morons are now protesting about masks. This time at Treasury Gardens. Any excuse for a protest it seems. What a bunch of braindead f**kwits!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ask-protesters
Old 31-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #7392
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Looks like the Northern hemisphere is in for a Loooooong Tough Winter..
Throw in influenza and pneumonia, I don't know how their gonna cope.
Old 31-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #7393
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Meanwhile, the VIC morons are now protesting about masks. This time at Treasury Gardens. Any excuse for a protest it seems. What a bunch of braindead f**kwits!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ask-protesters
Looks like the rent a crowd is running out of things to protest about. I'm curious as to who is organising them.
Old 31-10-2020, 08:25 PM   #7394
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I'm curious as to who is organising them.
The right wing media. They were also responsible for the easing of restrictions in VIC. True story.
Old 31-10-2020, 09:31 PM   #7395
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Throw in influenza and pneumonia, I don't know how their gonna cope.
I think we need a sticky for this thread to explain the basics for thoses that somehow have not got the information.

Influenza and pneumonia can be fatal but tend not to overwhelm health systems.
Old 31-10-2020, 09:40 PM   #7396
zilo
BANNED

Landed in Brisbane yesterday from Hobart.

Greeted by military, police, fire brigade etc etc at airport.

It took 15 minutes to answer all the questions.

where was I staying, who with, purpose of my visit...absolute crap, I came from clean state...Tasmania.

but the worst part? they gave me a crappy piece of paper with the words...

"Queensland Border Declaration pass""

Valid for 14 days.

With a big ....

G

WTF? yep....I can stay for 14 days...and I have to carry my "VISA" with me and produce it when I leave...god help me if I lose it!?

well......FMD......I didn't sign up for this sheet...this is not the same Australia.

Absolutely humiliating.....worth protesting about.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2020, 09:52 PM   #7397
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

where was I staying, who with, purpose of my visit...absolute crap, I came from clean state...Tasmania.

Valid for 14 days.

With a big ....

G

WTF? yep....I can stay for 14 days...and I have to carry my "VISA" with me and produce it when I leave...god help me if I lose it!?

well......FMD......I didn't sign up for this sheet...this is not the same Australia.

Yep, and all that for a virus that is so deadly and contagious that we need to to test people by shoving a probe almost into their brain to know they have it.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 31-10-2020, 10:18 PM   #7398
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
but tend not to overwhelm health systems.
Old 31-10-2020, 10:28 PM   #7399
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
this is not the same Australia.
Really?? You don't say?! Hasn't been the same Australia (or the same world for that matter) since about January.

Last edited by GasoLane; 31-10-2020 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Not needed
Old 31-10-2020, 10:42 PM   #7400
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Yep, and all that for a virus that is so deadly and contagious that we need to to test people by shoving a probe almost into their brain to know they have it.
The problem with people who refuse to be tested, because it's a an "invasion of their privacy", is the swab will probably be lost forever up their nose because there's no brain to stop it from going in too far!
3 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2020, 01:05 AM   #7401
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Just blame it on Trump and move on.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2020, 01:18 AM   #7402
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Really?? You don't say?! Hasn't been the same Australia (or the same world for that matter) since about January.
You and I should meet up for a one on one chat about covid and some other stuff?
Old 01-11-2020, 01:55 AM   #7403
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:

Valid for 14 days.

With a big ....

G

When you read statements like this it's easy to see why people get all bent out of shape....

The 14 day G pass (was 7 days) has got absolutely f all to do with how long you can stay in QLD, it means that when you apply for it and it's issued you have got 14 days from the date you received it to travel to QLD!!!....if you don't arrive in QLD before the pass expires you have to apply for another before travelling....that's why they state "To avoid disappointment please complete the Queensland Border Declaration Pass as close to your travel date as possible." once your here you can stay for as long as you want and you don't need any pass to do so

You don't have to carry it with you at all once you have arrived, mine (like most others) have all ended up in the airport bin after passing through security, and you most certainly don't have to produce it when you leave, it's got f all to do with leaving the state.......

Good one Zilo......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 01-11-2020, 02:12 AM   #7404
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
When you read statements like this it's easy to see why people get all bent out of shape....

The 14 day G pass (was 7 days) has got absolutely f all to do with how long you can stay in QLD, it means that when you apply for it and it's issued you have got 14 days from the date you received it to travel to QLD!!!....if you don't arrive in QLD before the pass expires you have to apply for another before travelling....that's why they state "To avoid disappointment please complete the Queensland Border Declaration Pass as close to your travel date as possible." once your here you can stay for as long as you want and you don't need any pass to do so

You don't have to carry it with you at all once you have arrived, mine (like most others) have all ended up in the airport bin after passing through security, and you most certainly don't have to produce it when you leave, it's got f all to do with leaving the state.......

Good one Zilo......
Coming in here with all your facts and ruining the good stories.... shame on you
Old 01-11-2020, 02:44 AM   #7405
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

7 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2020, 09:04 AM   #7406
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
The right wing media. They were also responsible for the easing of restrictions in VIC. True story.
You are Trumpish with your fake news. The mainstream media always shows these clowns in a bad light. I didn’t see the headlines “ police horse headbuts innocent protestors flagpole”

Whether you like it or not main stream media is in the middle because they do show both sides, you are not. A broken record saying the same tripe over and over again.

3 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2020, 10:52 AM   #7407
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
A broken record saying the same tripe over and over again.
A common theme for his postings
Old 01-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #7408
PhilT2

Strong win for Labor in the Qld election put down to the strong stand on border closure taken by the Palaszczuk govt. Not out of the woods completely; traces of the virus showed up in sewers in Brisbane earlier in the week.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #7409
tweeked
N/A all the way

Europe is copping it, over 200,000 cases per day. Making the US looking like a picnic. Make the most of his summer everyone! I cannot see international travel opening up apart from the Pacific region. The states need to agree to handing over all international arrivals to the Feds. The Feds need to take this on and have this organised by the military. They need to take over numerous facilities ( hand over hotels or other suitable set ups, set up some as Covid only hospitals) and ensure international arrivals over the next 6 months are squeaky clean. Sadly, can’t see any of them being able to agree on this. As a country we are close to having this manageable right now, but I calling it now, mid autumn early next year will be critical.

Old 01-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #7410
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Here's an interesting read on what Forbes rates as the safest countries in the world for the pandemic ..It's not done on raw figures but on procedures and readiness as much as anything ..Was an article posted in September .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoe...h=58e93ff2909e.

Just thought I'd post the link if anyone cares to look .. Cheers .
Closed Thread