Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #31
Philaddis

Default Re: Tickford on the comeback??

Now what would be cool is if Tickford kicked off again and whoever the parent company is, managed to pick up the rights to all previous moulds and designs for Tickford specific parts and started providing parts support.

I think there'd be a lot of us out there who would be happy to be able to purchase new stock of now out of production parts, even if they were at a premium. How happy would the EF/EL XR "Who can sell me an indicator?" brigade be?? haha

As for the potential for 'Tickford' branded Holdens, they might as well not bother bringing the name back at all as IMO there'd be no better way to completely trash the branding in they eyes of the faithful.....
Sprint 16's
Ghia Interior
AUIII XR8 Windsor
T-56 6 sp
3.7:1's
258.6 rwhp
Philaddis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #32
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philaddis View Post
Now what would be cool is if Tickford kicked off again and whoever the parent company is, managed to pick up the rights to all previous moulds and designs for Tickford specific parts and started providing parts support.

I think there'd be a lot of us out there who would be happy to be able to purchase new stock of now out of production parts, even if they were at a premium. How happy would the EF/EL XR "Who can sell me an indicator?" brigade be?? haha

As for the potential for 'Tickford' branded Holdens, they might as well not bother bringing the name back at all as IMO there'd be no better way to completely trash the branding in they eyes of the faithful.....
I think the focus and money will be on Ranger and Mustang mods. Methinks they won't really be doing anything for the older cars , wouldn't be profitable and a minefield for ADR compliance etc....
With so many other kits from Ford Racing / Herrod and Roush and Hellion + other on line stuff will be interesting what they can offer for Mustang that's better than anything else ? Good luck to them.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #33
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Absolutely fantastic news. A Tickford Mustang, that would be very cool.

Fun Fact: ED XR8 Sprint got the 1993 Mustang Cobra SVO motor, made by Watson Engineering, Michigan. So it's the closest 'Mustang' link to Tickford.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #34
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathsxr8 View Post
Whats peoples thoughts now on already rare/collectable tickfords eg rebel,t series etc.. will this comeback make them more desirable /collectable?
Maybe, to the age bracket, and younger. They are already getting scarce and becoming collectibles. They are in the 'fun' stage of a collectible, where they are not worth an apartment in value so you don't stress too much about parking one in a restaurant car park.

It might make them desirable to kids from today on who see Tickford badges on the hugely aspirational 'stang, and whose Dad takes them camping/to the beach in a Tickford Ranger. Hey, they made those in the 90's??
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2016, 10:23 PM   #35
Warrenk

http://www.carsales.com.au/editorial...t-fords-103869
This article explains how the PRA Garage venture will work.
Old 20-09-2016, 12:38 AM   #36
Lazarus

Does this mean PRA Mustang to be raced in the Supercars series?

XC R-Pack Falcon sedan 1978
2012 FPV GT

Previous cars:
BA XT 5.4 3V 5 speed 2004 RIP
Ford Focus ST 2014 RIP
FGX Falcon XR8 2015 RIP
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2016, 01:01 AM   #37
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man................way too many acronyms for performance arms over the
last couple of decades. Unfortunately history will not be kind.

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-09-2016, 12:17 PM   #38
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
A HOT Ford Ranger and hyped-up Mustang will be the first two models from a road car business established by the Blue Oval’s former factory V8 Supercars team, Prodrive Racing Australia (PRA).

The venture has been registered as PRA Garage but is expected to be marketed under the Tickford name associated with local fast Fords in the 1990s and early 2000s.

But while the old Ford Tickford Experience (FTE) high performance brand was a joint-venture sanctioned by the factory, as was its successor Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV), PRA is going it alone without official backing of Ford Australia’s local sales and marketing arm.

But there is some involvement from Ford internationally, as parts and accessories are being developed by PRA Garage in conjunction with Ford Asia Pacific to supply to the regional licenced accessories program.

PRA Garage has also been appointed an official wholesaler and retailer of the global Ford Performance Parts catalogue.

“PRA Garage is going to build performance and enhancement parts for ultimately most of the (Ford) products, but initially it’s to do with Ranger and Mustang,” PRA co-owner Rod Nash told Wheels in an exclusive interview.

Planning work began on the PRA Garage project two years ago as Nash and co faced restructuring the business in the aftermath of Ford’s withdrawal from V8 racing at the end of 2015.

“People associate us with Ford product and we have no plans to work on anything else,” Nash said.

Tuning work will cover off both engine and chassis, as well as delivering exterior and interior styling enhancements.

Development work is being done in-house and through suppliers here and overseas. Bosch Australia has been contracted to test modifications to an OEM level.

Nash said conducting its own development and gaining official recognition from Ford globally separates PRA Garage from rival aftermarket tuning houses.

“We are not only a buy-in parts business. Much of what we are doing we are tailor-making and engineering ourselves.”
A Ranger Wildtrak development mule spotted by Wheels was fitted with 20-inch beadlock-style wheels developed for the new venture, and a new exhaust with dual outlets that exited behind the right-rear wheel.

The development mule was testing Bilstein dampers, but the production model is expected to come with South Australian-made Supashocks, the same brand PRA uses on its race cars.

Under the bonnet, the Ranger’s 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo-diesel is expected to have a power boost of more than 20 percent.

In development for two years, the project will be officially launched at the Bathurst 1000 in early October, intentionally at the same time as Ford’s Australian factories clang shut for the last time, ending production of Falcon and Territory.
Customers will be able to purchase individual parts or enhancement kits through Ford dealers or PRA Garage direct.
Three stand-alone PRA Garage modification centres and showrooms are to be established in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane by early 2017.

PRA, which is currently based in FPV’s old headquarters just around the corner from Ford Australia’s Broadmeadows plant, is planning to move into new, larger facilities to cater for the manufacturing work required to service PRA Garage and its expanding racing business.

It currently races four Falcons in the Supercars championship and another two in the Dunlop development series. It raced as Ford Performance Racing from 2003-14 and won the drivers’ championship with Mark Winterbottom in its final year as Ford’s factory race team last year.

PRA Garage currently employs about 10 staff directly but can call on the extended engineering ability of the PRA organisation.

The division is run by former Walkinshaw Performance Products chief Tony Harris, who quietly joined last February.
https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/16...ot-ford-ranger
Old 20-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #39
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Losing interest rapidly..

"We build race cars, look what we can do with... Wait for it.. A commercial vehicle."
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2016, 12:35 PM   #40
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post

"We build race cars, look what we can do with... Wait for it.. A commercial vehicle."
Going where the money is.
I cannot imagine it would be a full on Raptor style makeover either, though happy to be corrected.
Old 20-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Absolutely fantastic news. A Tickford Mustang, that would be very cool.

Fun Fact: ED XR8 Sprint got the 1993 Mustang Cobra SVO motor, made by Watson Engineering, Michigan. So it's the closest 'Mustang' link to Tickford.
Wouldn't the closest link be the Mustangs that Tickford converted to right hand drive and sold here in around 2001?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #42
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Going where the money is.
I cannot imagine it would be a full on Raptor style makeover either, though happy to be corrected.
Exactly, they will branch out but you need some cash flow to get going.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #43
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

So looks like Tim Edwards has stepped up from being PRA Team manager to now PRA CEO, and Chris O'Toole is now team managers
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #44
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:

Ranger is the biggest selling Ford model, why wouldn't you do something with it? The rest of the for range will follow, but you can't deny the ute market is a money pot...

...and most of the people attending the Supercar events these days arrive in these vehicles.

Smart move, really.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2016, 11:06 PM   #45
b2tf
not here much anymore

I see why theyre going after Rangers, but the one in the pic above looks like nothing a couple of hours on eBay and a facebook forum couldnt achieve.
Old 20-09-2016, 11:17 PM   #46
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
I see why theyre going after Rangers, but the one in the pic above looks like nothing a couple of hours on eBay and a facebook forum couldnt achieve.
Till you drive it...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 01:10 AM   #47
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cant help but feel with the market they're going after, the target demographic neither know nor care what Tickford is.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 07:39 AM   #48
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never got the Tickford thing, every XR produced was a Tickford, it was never anything special IMO and never had a huge Heritage.

FPV was an "exclusive" brand at least.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #49
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I never got the Tickford thing, every XR produced was a Tickford, it was never anything special IMO and never had a huge Heritage.

What?

Tickford have a huge heritage...aside from the falcons, there is the Capri Turbo, 2002 Mustang just here in Australia...

Tickford are partially responsible for the turbo barra...gave us the greatest Windsor engine this side of the Boss 302...

Tickford done the RS500!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 08:37 AM   #50
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Ranger is the biggest selling Ford model, why wouldn't you do something with it? The rest of the for range will follow, but you can't deny the ute market is a money pot...

...and most of the people attending the Supercar events these days arrive in these vehicles.

Smart move, really.
Don't get me wrong I understand why they are doing the ranger, and will be curious to see what the end result is like, it seems they are targeting a Raptor like demographic, but with a 180Kw diesel I'm not quite sure it's going to have the appeal.

But if I was relaunching a performance brand that Brought us the XR Falcons, T-Series and Converted Mustangs I'm not sure it's the launch product of be using.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #51
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I understand why they are doing the ranger, and will be curious to see what the end result is like, it seems they are targeting a Raptor like demographic, but with a 180Kw diesel I'm not quite sure it's going to have the appeal.

But if I was relaunching a performance brand that Brought us the XR Falcons, T-Series and Converted Mustangs I'm not sure it's the launch product of be using.
They have already stated they won't be competing with Herrod/ Roush etc in the Mustang space. So who knows what they'll be offering.?
End of the day there is no more Falcon so they'll be limited to products and a dedicated following. It ain't Kansas anymore so the Ranga fits the bill for volume opportunity .

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 21-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #52
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
What?

Tickford have a huge heritage...aside from the falcons, there is the Capri Turbo, 2002 Mustang just here in Australia...

Tickford are partially responsible for the turbo barra...gave us the greatest Windsor engine this side of the Boss 302...

Tickford done the RS500!
My point is Ford flip flop like a fish out of water. Tickford then FTE then FPV then tickford again

They build GTs then no GTs then xr8s then sprints then no sprints no xr8s then GS then xr8 again.

No continuity, tickford is just another badge for these dudes to roll out so blokes open their wallets.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #53
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If thats a tickford id be very disappointed, generic thailand flares? aftermarket looking wheels? weird looking fake twin outlet exhaust?
Old 21-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #54
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

I guess starting life in the 1800's doesn't count as huge
Old 21-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #55
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

It would be nice if they ditched the diesel out of the Ranger and threw a Coyote in there instead.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 11:27 AM   #56
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
My point is Ford flip flop like a fish out of water. Tickford then FTE then FPV then tickford again

They build GTs then no GTs then xr8s then sprints then no sprints no xr8s then GS then xr8 again.

No continuity, tickford is just another badge for these dudes to roll out so blokes open their wallets.
Truer words never spoken.
Goes to show how little Ford have recognised and respected their dedicated buyers and followers over the decades.
They've made many of us very cynical about their products and joint ventures...

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
3 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 12:02 PM   #57
Tray
......Car Crazy......

Quote:

Well.. Let's not forget the EB SXR6, quickest production car in '92 ;)
WANTED - BF MK2.5 XR6 Seduce - PM me
RIP SHYXR
Tray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #58
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
I think most of the people interested in Tickfords would be from their 30s and 40s because they would have been growing up when they were around.
I'm 23 and a Tickford die hard.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #59
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So sick of this rot with ford I can't believe there trying to bring the tickford name back What are these idiots thinking............ they dumped the tickford name went fpv now were back to tickford???? All this time and they keep repeating the same mistakes of the past.

Leave the tickford name in the past for goodness sake, leave it with some dignity. If were gunna have tickford rangers why not go the whole hog and have a GTHO edition with some super roos stuck all over it?? will go great with those supercheap exhaust tips they threw on Seeing as were bringing back names from the past who wouldn't give there left one for a ford tickford gtho wildtrack ranger "fairmont" edition ???? Yep bring fairmont back as well
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #60
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
So sick of this rot with ford I can't believe there trying to bring the tickford name back
From what I've read, Ford Australia are not backing the new Tickford...
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post