Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons

Old 30-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
hagar
Starter Motor

Default Heater hose connection

Can anyone help with identifying this connection it appears to be plastic on the end of a steel pipe below the inlet manifold. It is held in place with a couple of plastic wedges. I am trying to replace it as it is cracked but I am having problems getting it off the end of the steel pipe. I have released the wedges and was expecting it to drop off and reveal an 0 ring or something but it is hold on firmly. Is the likely to be just corrosion holding it or am I missing something?

hagar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

What model, what year, what engine? Looks like the type of fitting used on pressurised fuel injection, trans and air con lines where you use a special tool to squeeze in the two tabs.

A tool like this one:

Buy the tool; it's cheap and you'll need it to put the new one on.

Last edited by aussiblue; 30-06-2010 at 09:38 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
hagar
Starter Motor

Thank you for reply the model is a 97 ef falcon with a 6 cyclinder engine. The connection does look like the type you discribe,but it appears to be part of the heater hoses not really sure what the original reason for fitting this type of connection as it's purpose is not clear.
Old 30-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I will go check my son's EF later. This shows how the tool is used:

Old 30-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
hagar
Starter Motor

Thanks again Blue I appreciate the information.
Old 30-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

I checked the car and the factory manual. The tool will get it off the pipe and the new one comes as part of the hose assembly and will usually clip back on the pipe without the special tool. You might be able to fabricate your own special tool with a thin piece of stiff metal tubing that will slide down the pipe into the fitting but the tool is cheap, easier to use and readily available from places like Repco, Auto 1, Supercheap etc.
Old 30-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

If you buy the tool get the larger of the two sizes avaialble - this is one the larger fittings of this type.
Old 30-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Note the EF also uses the same connectors but smaller versions for the fuel lines at the bottom of the fire wall; I had to disconnect them recently to do a fuel pump pressure test. You need to slide the outer metal collar back like an air line fitting (or was it forward - I forget but it'll only go one way) while the special tool is inserted under it.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #9
hagar
Starter Motor

Thank you very much indeed for all your help Blue it's of to repco tomorrow, I have been avoiding doing this job as I could see the nylon insert and was unsure how to go about it with causing more damage. Cheers.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #10
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

IIRC you can buy these hoses without the connections so a plain hose clamp is all thats needed.

hope which ever way you go its not a huge PITA

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
Steve Carter
Starter Motor

Hi guys - have a small problem with my 2000 AUII XR8 - Im looking for a high/low pressure hose kit for the aircon system the current one has split and cant be fixed - if anyone can supply a new or second hand kit could they please let me know on steve@capricornmedia.com.au and also let Repco Tamworth NSW know (67662774) any help greatly appreciated

Steve Carter
Steve Carter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post