Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 24-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
GBAdelaide
Starter Motor

Smile Are there many Ford Probe owners (current) on here ?

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any other Ford Probe owners on here ?

I'd appreciate being able to chat about mine and various service items - especially the airbag diagnostic unit !

Cheers
GBAdelaide is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
WildRacer
Cougar King

Default Re: Are there many Ford Probe owners (current) on here ?

There aren't too many active on this part of the forum, I'm one of the few Cougar members who check this page regularly. But you may have better luck with trying the US or UK Probe forums. I drove a Probe once, it was very nice, smooth engine, easy clutch to drive with, great throttle response. It was similar to my Cougar but it was a little to small for me. A lot easier to drive though.

Mods:
Escape 3.0 V6
ST220 UIM and LIM
NPG Fuel Adapter
California Clutch Stage 2 Disk and PP
ST200 Flywheel
Torsen LSD
Updated Shift Forks
ToyoSport Exhaust Headers
Custom 2.5" Exhaust dual
BAT 21mm RSB
PRT Heavy Duty rear drop links
Energy Suspension Polybushes all around
Eibach Suspension
Eibach body kit
01 Gauges
01 Steering Wheel
Aluminium Sports Pedals
Sony Double Din HU
ST200 Airbox
ST200 TB
Direnza ST200 Aluminium Radiator
Goodridge Brake Hoses
WildRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #3
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a guy on ProbeTalk.com from Adelaide who's done some series work on his Probe. You'll find him in the Australian section. There used to be a very active community in Sydney & Melbourne but with only 2010 cars bought into the country and the last in 1997, functioning cars are few & far between. Our family misses ours 97 and would still have it but it wasn't meant to be. :(
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
GBAdelaide
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Are there many Ford Probe owners (current) on here ?

Hi,

Thanks for the info ..... I'll check ProbeTalk.com !

The Probe GT I have has basically been in the family since new and was originally used as a company car (believe it or not !). It's done just over 200k genuine klms and is in pristine condition for its age.

It had black leather seats fitted as a special order and I even have a letter from Ford asking for an appraisal of the car, prior to its being bought. I have every receipt since new and so it has extensive provenance.

I'm now 72, and my medical future is uncertain unfortunately, and so I'm looking to pass the car on to another enthusiast basically.

Thanks for your helpful information - much appreciated !
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #5
GBAdelaide
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU842 View Post
There is a guy on ProbeTalk.com from Adelaide who's done some series work on his Probe. You'll find him in the Australian section. There used to be a very active community in Sydney & Melbourne but with only 2010 cars bought into the country and the last in 1997, functioning cars are few & far between. Our family misses ours 97 and would still have it but it wasn't meant to be. :(
Thank you for your comment and helpful suggestion. Unfortunately it seems that the ProbeTalk website is no longer active :(
I'm wondering if anyone knows any way I can get in touch with the guy in Adelaide who has done work on his Probe ?
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 08-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Wpuld like to see pics of the immaculate Probe.
Used to love walking passed the dealership when I was younger seeing these on the lot.

Would have loved to have owned one ... even the V6 Telstar models at the time as well. Ford has some great vehicles around that time period.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2018, 12:34 PM   #7
GBAdelaide
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Used to love walking passed the dealership when I was younger seeing these on the lot.

Would have loved to have owned one ... even the V6 Telstar models at the time as well. Ford has some great vehicles around that time period.
Hi,

Well I'm hoping to get some pics done tomorrow - the weather here has been terrible but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny ......
Once I have them I'll post them on here
Should be in the next day or so
2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2018, 10:07 AM   #8
GBAdelaide
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post

Hopefully this link will work and has photos of the Probe on it etc :-

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/ent...obe-gt/photos/
2 users like this post: