Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #1
xr8cam

Default Whats wrong with our country

I just turned 48 and as I get older I become more aware of the 'male privilege & sense of entitlement' that's prevalent in our society. We teach it to our children and it is a massive problem as the huge increase in domestic violence shows. Our governments soloution, a new prison in two states opening next year, but no education or attempt to tackle the problem or ask why its happening. A good example is gambling. Most people think it's perfectly acceptable to kill thousands of horses and dogs each year when they stop running fast enough. What sort of society thinks this is ok when it is possible to control dog ownership so well there is never strays as some Europe countries boast, often the same places that have much softer drug laws & much less crime & addiction. Australian politicians are for the most part,pathetic puppets.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2016, 11:01 PM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Whats wrong with our country

dudes that race me at round abouts
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fat kents on the dole

get a jerb
Old 03-11-2016, 11:06 PM   #4
xr8cam

Terk our jerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbbbb! Excellent!
3 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2016, 11:10 PM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

farmers

we need rains / to much rains

f
5 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2016, 11:15 PM   #6
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Kids need boot up the bum and ears pulled
Old 03-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #7
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

While our country is not perfect, it is the best country in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2016, 11:20 PM   #8
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Insert old person "back in my day"........................
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2016, 11:22 PM   #9
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
wooden spoon bum gang

big mistake laughing at mum with a busted wooden spoon

chased up the street with a broken stick
Old 04-11-2016, 12:17 AM   #10
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Or perhaps parents that cared. Once they are losers its too late. Todays problems stem from yesterdays failings.
JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 01:56 AM   #11
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
wooden spoon bum gang

big mistake laughing at mum with a busted wooden spoon

chased up the street with a broken stick
My Mum (rest her beautiful soul) could throw a Masseur sandal around a corner lol
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:32 AM   #12
Lunch
Wait, what?

The reason my mum chased us with the broken stick was because she broke it on my brother, it used to be her broom
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:36 AM   #13
jandj

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
I just turned 48 and as I get older I become more aware of the 'male privilege & sense of entitlement' that's prevalent in our society. We teach it to our children and it is a massive problem as the huge increase in domestic violence shows. Our governments soloution, a new prison in two states opening next year, but no education or attempt to tackle the problem or ask why its happening. A good example is gambling. Most people think it's perfectly acceptable to kill thousands of horses and dogs each year when they stop running fast enough. What sort of society thinks this is ok when it is possible to control dog ownership so well there is never strays as some Europe countries boast, often the same places that have much softer drug laws & much less crime & addiction. Australian politicians are for the most part,pathetic puppets.
I hear you mate , there's alot I could say on this subject ( I could rant on for hours lol).
It's quite sad there's not alot of help out for males struggling with life , divorce and when life throws you a curve ball.
I saw my father struggle for years with his 2 younger sons ( stepbrothers to me ) to form a relationship with them. And this was due to his ex wife verbal abusing and intimidating my father phone over the phone, and that has cost him the relationship with his sons.
The only thing the government was interested in my father at the time, was him paying child support.
For what I've experienced in life , I'll make sure my sons grow up with the the right attitude in life . Respect, work hard and always stand up for what you believe in.

Rgs Jason
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #14
Trump
bitch lasagne

It isn't a male/white privilege thing at all. A lot of society's ills stem from the incessant effort at emasculating men and turning them into sperm donors and nothing else. The social justice warrior (SJW) set and the PC brigade are hell bent on turning what was once the most egalitarian country in the world into a bland and banal pastiche of mediocrity and stupor.

And jpdblue is spot on, the parents failed their children and the result is the mass of mouth breathers behind the wheel, in management positions and ensconced in the bureaucracy we see today. But to be fair, it isn't that the parents failed on purpose or were malicious in their actions. The SJW/PC crowd did such a good job of convincing them to wash their hands of the responsibility of bringing their children up to the mass media and the schools/teachers.

We need to stop protecting (and rewarding) idiots and their stupidity.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #15
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Unfortunately the state of disrespect towards women, law inforcement and the ever growing crime rate is the prime reason for the jails being built and Im all for it.
Our jugdes are to soft on repeat offenders of any crime. We let them walk out and the repeat the crime again.
My way of thinking is that if you are caught using drugs = Jail, Caught selling drugs = jail, caught prodicing drugs = jail. Hit them at the base it has to take a hit at the top.

And as for the horse racing stuff. So you have never put a bet on a horse?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #16
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I was raised with hard discipline, no I wasn't a perfect kid, ****ed up heaps.

I never hated my parents for the punishment doled out to me, I respected and loved them. Sparing the rod, spoils the child as the saying goes.

I have two daughters 19 and 21. I raised them the way I was raised. Mrs thought I was too hard on them. I could count the times I smacked them on one hand, usually dropping my voice an octave would bring on the tears. They have turned out into two beautiful young ladies that I'm very proud of. Never had a problem with them in their teenage years. Have heard some horror stories about a few of their female friends.

A few kids a just plain bad, I accept that - for the main I think bad parenting and a lack of discipline are the causal factor.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

humans are viruses
we are multiplying out of control and and have a detrimental effect on the earth

i'm at ease with that and that why i own 2 v8's

but i'm also doing my bit and i'm in the process of adopting a baby that has had a terrible first 2 years and needs to be removed from a certain life cycle.

i suppose its easy looking from the outside into that type of life and thinking how could people be so stupid and selfish.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #18
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The sound of the second draw in the kitchen being opened still send shivers down my spine. Copped plenty of wooden spoons back in my childhood.

Really though, in the whole scheme of things you've really got to ask yourself, are we really worse off now than back then? Sure there are plenty of things that were better then, but there's a hell of a lot more that's better now.

Regarding domestic violence, again is not the rate that increasing, it's the reporting of it. More women have the guts to report it and that can only be a good thing.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #19
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
but i'm also doing my bit and i'm in the process of adopting a baby that has had a terrible first 2 years and needs to be removed from a certain life cycle.
You are one of this world's decent people - not many would do what you are doing.

A good mate of mine & his wife did the same 20 odd years back.
They had to nurse 2 babies out of their addictions (one born an addict, the other one injected as a baby), and go through a myriad of surgeries & other hospital visits to undo the damage that was done. Even now they are in their 20s, one is so sensitive to anything he can't take panadol.

Unfortunately just 2 years after they adopted them, he passed away abruptly at 31. His wife battled on as a single mum, working several part time jobs to fit around their school needs. They lost a number of friends who just didn't know how to approach the sadness of it all, but we stuck by & made sure the kids never went without.

My wife & I would take the kids on a weekend just to give her a break. We didn't think we were doing much, but looking back, every Christmas for a good 15 years I'd be hiding stuff for them, and do the mad dash very late on Christmas eve to assemble the latest swing set, or bikes, or set up electronic gear.
It was only a couple of years back one of the boys told me they knew I was playing Santa for their Mum each year (she bought the stuff, I just made the magic happen) as they knew the sound of my car & heard it every Christmas eve, but they didn't want to spoil it, so they acted surprised all the time. They also told us recently that some of their best childhood memories are when we took them away on weekends to the beach, or up the mountains, or a myriad of other places.

We thought we were just being good friends, and helping out, but in hindsight now, we had a much bigger, positive influence on 2 young guys who have a tonne more respect than their peers, and are making the most of their opportunities. You now have a chance to do the same, and hopefully you've got some good mates who can also be positive role models in the life of a child.

15 months ago, we opened our doors to my young niece & nephew to move in with us. After several months, and to try to keep them all together, we also invited my wife's brother (their Dad) to move in with us, as he wants the kids (and has been awarded custody) but can't afford to live in a place of his own by the time school fees, child care & all the other expenses are paid. I don't see it as anything out of the ordinary, but when people find out, they always say how wonderful we are for taking on someone else's kids, but you do that for family, and I would hope others in the same situation would do the same.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #20
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
A few kids a just plain bad, I accept that - for the main I think bad parenting and a lack of discipline are the causal factor.
Totally agree.

The OP nailed it with the words "self-entitlement" - it is so rampant in society these days.

I know a number of high school teachers. When we were in high school, you had to show respect to the teachers and other staff. Nobody dared to backchat the principal.

If you got into serious trouble, the school called your parents, they had an interview with the teacher & principal, you go home, and your parents issued whatever a fitting punishment was (grounding, no TV, no pocket money etc).

Now there's very little respect towards teachers (same with cops, and any other figure of authority, thanks to the namby pamby PC brigade).

These days, when a kid gets in trouble at school, the parents call the school to arrange the "interview" which becomes a one-sided attack on the teacher, with the parents refusing to admit their little angel could do anything wrong, and it's now all the teacher's fault.

And how dare the teacher single out their child publicly in front of 20 other kids in the classroom - now we'll sue the teacher for defamation of character.....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #21
LTD Ute
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Domestic violence, homelessness, racism, the wealth divide, how we treat asylum seekers,
refugees, all those less fortunate, decline in our values of social justice, we prostitute our
resources abroad with little benefit for our kids future, lack of vision on the environment
and failures to take up opportunities that could set up industries and employment,
failure to protect manufacturing and jobs, incredible waste of $$$ on a plebiscite,
child abuse inactions, monopolies, super, negative gearing and capital gains tax breaks to
the rich, indigenouse rights, health, incarceration and prosperity, maternal leave,
non integration, White Australia Policy, it's tentacles are still buried in our make up,
Our arrogance and sense of entitlement, lack of free speech, crime and disrespect, POLITICIANS, POLITICIANS!!!

And probably a sh!tload more.

We've turned into a selfish society that encourages the interests of the individual
and bugger you mate if you're doing it tough.

It is a sad thing to see all types of people, including ex service personnel queuing up
at 7.30 am for homelessness services a emergency food relief today in this country.

It's real, I work with this every day

XByoot - "Yeah I think the Utes are the new coupes...you get as much rust at a far cheaper price"
LTD Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #22
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb View Post
Unfortunately the state of disrespect towards women, law inforcement and the ever growing crime rate is the prime reason for the jails being built and Im all for it.
Our jugdes are to soft on repeat offenders of any crime. We let them walk out and the repeat the crime again.
My way of thinking is that if you are caught using drugs = Jail, Caught selling drugs = jail, caught prodicing drugs = jail. Hit them at the base it has to take a hit at the top.

And as for the horse racing stuff. So you have never put a bet on a horse?
Never been in a tab. Plenty of other times I've bet on my life, driving a holden
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #23
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Society has gone soft.

I still remember copping a wack on the backside when I was out shopping with my dad.
These days if you smack your misbehaving child in public you will have human services on your door step an hour later. In some circumatances the belt was used but hey it happens i was a **** as a child.

I turned out completely fine.

Cant say I would go to the length of using a belt but I will definately give me daughter a smack on the backside if she is doing something wrong or misbehaving.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #24
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Insert old person "back in my day"........................
Back in my day...
apprenticeships were a great fallback for those who didn't want to do the university challenge.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 03:45 PM   #25
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
I just turned 48 and as I get older I become more aware of the 'male privilege & sense of entitlement' that's prevalent in our society.
You never been through a divorce with a vindictive wife where kids are involved I take it.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #26
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj View Post
It's quite sad there's not alot of help out for males struggling with life , divorce and when life throws you a curve ball.
I saw my father struggle for years with his 2 younger sons ( stepbrothers to me ) to form a relationship with them. And this was due to his ex wife verbal abusing and intimidating my father phone over the phone, and that has cost him the relationship with his sons.
The only thing the government was interested in my father at the time, was him paying child support.
Yep... going through that right now. The fun never ends but soon enough she will get the court letters my team are preparing and I can't wait.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 04:30 PM   #27
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Summing it up in point form

- PC crew
- Minorities
- Lazy people
- Opportunists
- "Empowerment" movements
- Incorrect decisions
- Entitlement

Need I go on? Or I should just replace those categories with people in general?
Old 04-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #28
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
It isn't a male/white privilege thing at all. A lot of society's ills stem from the incessant effort at emasculating men and turning them into sperm donors and nothing else. The social justice warrior (SJW) set and the PC brigade are hell bent on turning what was once the most egalitarian country in the world into a bland and banal pastiche of mediocrity and stupor.

And jpdblue is spot on, the parents failed their children and the result is the mass of mouth breathers behind the wheel, in management positions and ensconced in the bureaucracy we see today. But to be fair, it isn't that the parents failed on purpose or were malicious in their actions. The SJW/PC crowd did such a good job of convincing them to wash their hands of the responsibility of bringing their children up to the mass media and the schools/teachers.

We need to stop protecting (and rewarding) idiots and their stupidity.
Go and stand in the naughty corner and hold the naughty stick for your five minute timeout.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #29
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Go and stand in the naughty corner and hold the naughty stick for your five minute timeout.
But I'm in a round room...

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #30
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With padded walls?

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: