Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 13-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
mr-mach1

Default Snnroof cable repair or replacement

My sunroof no longer moves, just clicks. I'm thinking I need cables. Anyone fixed theirs before ? What cables were used ? Advice ?

Thanks
Leon

mr-mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 
Default Re: Snnroof cable repair or replacement

Recommend you pull it apart and inspect the cables for wear. Also be mindful the roof lining trim on the inside of the sunroof can catch in the slides and prevent the sunroof sliding. Take the 2 screws out of the trim located near the front of the sunroof and slide it back out of the way. You can then undo the 4 guides on the inside of the sunroof lid and lift the sunroof out of the way. Then undo the screws holding the covers over the cable guides. Don't lose the screws as they are expensive to replace. Lift the cables out and inspect the cable, what I found with mine was where the cable located in the winding mechanism was worn flat and wouldn't engage the drive wheel.

I got some replacement cables from the US, the robbing thieves in Australia want $825 for a set.
u2canb12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
mr-mach1

Where did you get the cables from and for what application? Were they a bolt in or did you have to mod them?

Thanks
Leon
Old 02-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 

Sorry I took so long.......

http://www.nlaparts.com/store/sunroo...e-pi-1524.html
Old 03-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #5
mr-mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2canb12 View Post
Thanks. Did they bolt right in? Is 356 Porsche the apication?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
Kidsgts

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2canb12 View Post
Hi there U canb12 have you fitted up these Cables and does the sunroof work as per normal.In and out full opening is what I mean.

Also that link only directs me too a picture of the cables.

Thanks for the help too'
Old 03-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #7
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidsgts View Post
Hi there U canb12 have you fitted up these Cables and does the sunroof work as per normal.In and out full opening is what I mean.

Also that link only directs me too a picture of the cables.

Thanks for the help too'
Try this link http://www.nlaparts.com/store/index.php

Search for sunroof, and also check the length when ordering to ensure they are the right length as these are for a Porsche sunroof but are Golde cables for Golde sunroofs.