Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-02-2016, 09:15 PM   #511
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Default Re: The drug "Ice"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky. View Post
And if your kids heaven forbid, ended up being the ones in this situation?

Get clean or die?

I would like to think your stance would soften
No way. After I kicked their ***. Same story. Quit the vice. Or stay out of my life. I would be devastated. I don't literally mean die. I believe in the school of hard knocks. Not the easy way out of life.
Taking drugs is a cop out. I have quit many a vice. I can't understand why it is so hard for people to give up durries.

Last edited by blackf6; 06-02-2016 at 09:22 PM.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #512
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
No way. After I kicked their ***. Same story. Quit the vice. Or stay out of my life. I would be devastated. I don't literally mean die. I mean that is the path they are going down by continuing with illicit drugs.

Your kids? Seriously?

That's pretty messed up...
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-02-2016, 09:24 PM   #513
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Really? That how I was bought up. The trouble with kids these days, they have it too easy. Bunch of sooks.
Little bit of my background. Mum and Dad split when I was 5. Mum kicked me out when I was 13. Lived on the streets for 2 years. Sleeping in school port-racks, toilet blocks and the like. Stealing food from supermarkets. Anyway. You just pull yourself out of the hole and move on. I get on great with Mum now. I learnt the hard way and expect my children to also.
My last say in the ice thread is..
Take drugs at your own peril. But don't expect society to live with your habit. And don't play the poor me card. Get on with your life. Don't touch the crap.

Last edited by blackf6; 06-02-2016 at 09:33 PM.
6 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2016, 09:29 PM   #514
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Having read many of the posts in this thread I feel so sad for those who have experienced the impact of this drug in their lives.

Though I see much about it on the news and I hear how it’s taking a hold of the disenfranchised young in my small country home town, my family and I have been very fortunately and by the sound of it lucky not to have it touch us.

I’m not smart enough to come up with solutions but I do hope there are people out there that can and governments are prepared to make decisions based on real needs and not just for political point scoring.

I see a huge test for Society coming.
The test if left to politicians has come and gone years ago fella hence our current suituation the world over,politicians will do and say whatever the army of advisers tell em to do or say to win an election,govt funded depts will fill up with well intentioned do gooders with no practical knowledge and appear on your television quoting facts n figures that mean little bar the waste of your hard earned to get them.Sad but true.The answer?...ive no idea but recent history shows that waiting for politicians/govt to get it right hasnt yielded much.Stab in the dark i would say it begins with parents but....
Old 06-02-2016, 09:32 PM   #515
snopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Your kids? Seriously?

That's pretty messed up...
I've seen this happen. Kids on god knows how much gear, falls into the wrong crowd, family yanks him away to try to set him straight, kid keeps goin back, getting worse, over the years kid develops major mental issues, gets hauled into treatment,locked up every now and then due to mental health. And I'm not just talking depression, I'm talking stalking harassing making threats to kill family members, staging fake attacks where he's done himself and injustice, lying, stealing from family... This goes on till the "kid" is well into their 30's.... By then the family has expanded to include small children, for their safety they can't keep going to help him.... Family walks away after years of trying.

After ice, it's not a kid any more, it's a nutjob and any resemblance to the kid you once new is long gone.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #516
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
The test if left to politicians has come and gone years ago fella hence our current suituation the world over,politicians will do and say whatever the army of advisers tell em to do or say to win an election,govt funded depts will fill up with well intentioned do gooders with no practical knowledge and appear on your television quoting facts n figures that mean little bar the waste of your hard earned to get them.Sad but true.The answer?...ive no idea but recent history shows that waiting for politicians/govt to get it right hasnt yielded much.Stab in the dark i would say it begins with parents but....
That's right mate. It begins with the parents and their parenting.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:44 PM   #517
snopony

Quote:
That's right mate. It begins with the parents and their parenting.
Yes it does start here, but sooo many outside factors affect even the best attempts at parenting.... And then you have ice addicts that go on to have their own kids, the cycle repeats.... All of a sudden little Johnny is being naughty and dosnt get pulled up on it... It becomes the norm... Then his kids get away with more than he did.... And so on and so on.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #518
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Take drugs at your own peril. But don't expect society to live with your habit. And don't play the poor me card. Get on with your life. Don't touch the crap.

100% spot on I don't feel sorry for the drug ****** idiots, I do feel for the family, imagine being a parent to a waste of space pot head, or ICE junkie, I would be devastated if my children turned to drugs.

Get your kids involved in expensive hobbies like cars/motorbikes/horses/boats etc, they won't have money for drugs

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2016, 10:28 PM   #519
Boosted8
Banned

Blame the scum that keep selling it to people when it's clear they're destroying themselves. Don't blame the end user. Addiction is no joke.

I don't take drugs but I really wish I was as perfect as half the people posting in this thread.
Boosted8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #520
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Really? That how I was bought up. The trouble with kids these days, they have it too easy. Bunch of sooks.
Little bit of my background. Mum and Dad split when I was 5. Mum kicked me out when I was 13. Lived on the streets for 2 years. Sleeping in school port-racks, toilet blocks and the like. Stealing food from supermarkets. Anyway. You just pull yourself out of the hole and move on. I get on great with Mum now. I learnt the hard way and expect my children to also.
the drugs take over bud, the person you have raised, been a friend of are still there (there in person but a mere shell) - name the scenario is full of its own bs and never black or white

+ 1 up dont touch the crap

+ be there and support picking up the pieces
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2016, 11:48 PM   #521
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted8 View Post
Blame the scum that keep selling it to people when it's clear they're destroying themselves. Don't blame the end user. Addiction is no joke.

I don't take drugs but I really wish I was as perfect as half the people posting in this thread.
It's good to strive for perfection, but you don't have to be perfect not to be a junkie, you just have to not take drugs, it's pretty easy actually I think it's easier than taking them, you have to do less....

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2016, 11:57 PM   #522
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
the drugs take over bud, the person you have raised, been a friend of are still there (there in person but a mere shell) - name the scenario is full of its own bs and never black or white

+ 1 up dont touch the crap

+ be there and support picking up the pieces
That's why I hate drugs so bad.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:42 AM   #523
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
sounds like a hell of a ride man
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #524
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Each to their own, not sure I'd boot my own flesh and blood to the side of the road and hope they learn a lesson. I probably wouldn't do that to a dog.

You screw up as a parent then just boot the kid out leaving society to clean up your mess or natural selection to take its course.

Pretty weak IMO, people that do that claim to do it to be tough, but reality is t's the easiest and weakest thing you can do, make it someone else problem hope it fixes itself. Basically a quitter, you can't fix it so you ignore it.

If something goes wrong with your car do you just park in the street then hope that you can jump in it in 12 months and the car has magically fixed itself?
2 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #525
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
You screw up as a parent
There are a lot of cases where parenting doesn't come into it, peer pressure does.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #526
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
There are a lot of cases where parenting doesn't come into it, peer pressure does.
This is what my family and friends try to convince me of all the time. I question just where I went wrong with one son everyday but both my boys and now my girl have had the exact same rules and expectations. I've talked openly about almost everything possible in life that I felt they should know, have always tried to be approachable about subjects that have made me feel so angry inside.

I guess I'm a terrible person as I have made the hard decision to cut my 16 yr old son out of our lives in order to keep my 7 yr old girl safe.

The 16 yr old trashed the house on one of his episodes, I paid to have everything fixed up. I'm 99% sure he had the house broken into as some of the things stolen just didn't make sense (according to police as they were neither valuable or things that would be easily sold), other things were like normal stolen goods (iPhone, iPad, laptops and my beloved FPV watch).

He's been abusive and extremely dangerously aggressive and the courts plus youth justice have let us down on numerous occasions.
Sleep is something done lightly (and not for long) out of fear that the drug induced threats just might get carried out.
If I were to write the whole entire saga of the last few years it would take up an extreme amount of room on here.

All I ask of those thinking the parents aren't doing their job correctly is to maybe not judge so harshly. I don't want pity, I don't want sympathy, all I want is to be able to sleep at night and wake the next day and it all being a terrible dream, nothing more!!
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2016, 06:59 PM   #527
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well that's were the parenting part comes into it.

If your kid goes off the rails you failed at the parenting bit, no ifs or buts, if you then boot the kid to the side. you fail again at the parenting bit.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #528
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

If your kid goes off the rails you failed at the parenting bit, no ifs or buts, if you then boot the kid to the side. you fail again at the parenting bit.
no black or white bud

its how you deal with the slippery dip and being there when theyve had enough
3 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2016, 07:28 PM   #529
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen the slippery slope, one of my mates in years 7, captain of every school Rugby League team, played at state level, still have videos of some of his televised games somewhere. All the girlies loved him, one of the brightest academically, played awesome guitar in year 7 ( the reason I started playing).

By the time year 12 rolled along he was a bum begging for money at Fairfield Station. He asked me for 10 bucks I did not even recognise him, 12 months later he washed up on Bondi Beach age 18.

I saw his younger brother a few years later and I asked about him, strict Croatian family, his dad busted him with a joint and booted him out of house, 2 years later dead.

It's been with me for 20 years, yes it's the bad crowd but as a parent you need to deal with it.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #530
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've seen the slippery slope, one of my mates in years 7, captain of every school Rugby League team, played at state level, still have videos of some of his televised games somewhere. All the girlies loved him, one of the brightest academically, played awesome guitar in year 7 ( the reason I started playing).

By the time year 12 rolled along he was a bum begging for money at Fairfield Station. He asked me for 10 bucks I did not even recognise him, 12 months later he washed up on Bondi Beach age 18.

I saw his younger brother a few years later and I asked about him, strict Croatian family, his dad busted him with a joint and booted him out of house, 2 years later dead.

It's been with me for 20 years, yes it's the bad crowd but as a parent you need to deal with it.
As a parent you try every available option and sometimes that is the only option. They make their choices but why should a 7yr old little girl suffer because of them. They tell you they want help, you try to give it to only be attached because they decided one more hit. They again beg for help, again you try and so the roller coaster ride continues.

When you've actually walked that line of what these drugs do to your kids and family, you can then and only then begin to try to understand the despair and fear that takes place.
2 strokes, a brain bleed (all stress related apparently) and then the bashings threat sometimes makes you say enough is enough.
My eldest son is the only reason I'm able to write about this as he saved my life when being attacked.

I guess it's easy to judge a parent when you don't know the full saga or ever really lived that fearful life. You just know "a mate" or a friend of a friend. Try being that parent and you're torn because you desperately want to help but you also have the responsibility to keep another safe.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #531
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

And you have how many kids and how old ?
Old 07-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #532
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

all good mate took your post a little out of context

being there in support mode no matter what is the key for beating the sh out of this
Old 07-02-2016, 08:50 PM   #533
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We all have opinions. No my kids are not yet old enough, No I haven't been through it, and hope I never will.

Am I a perfect parent? No

Fiery I hear you mate and can feel your pain, just my opinion on things, and I'm likely completely wrong and in no way profess to know even a 10th of what you do on the subject.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #534
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
We all have opinions. No my kids are not yet old enough, No I haven't been through it, and hope I never will.
Yes we do all have opinions. Unfortunately unless you have the 'Been there, Done that' T shirt regarding ICE opinion, guesswork and Media reports is all it is.

So please don't try to tell the parents here that it's their fault.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:14 PM   #535
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopony View Post
Yes it does start here, but sooo many outside factors affect even the best attempts at parenting.... And then you have ice addicts that go on to have their own kids, the cycle repeats.... All of a sudden little Johnny is being naughty and dosnt get pulled up on it... It becomes the norm... Then his kids get away with more than he did.... And so on and so on.
Which brings us back to politicians/votes n governance i guess...few moons ago in order to get re-elected here in NZ an otherwise unemployable horde of do-gooders convinced she that did indeed get re-elected to pass a law that effectively put a halt to a parent pointing out whats wrong or not to there off-spring result being that child abuse stats have risen and your local bobby spends more time at a primary school getting told to **** off by an 8 year old than actually policing....Politicians in general are to stupid to be idiots.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:17 PM   #536
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Am I a perfect parent? No

Fiery I hear you mate and can feel your pain, just my opinion on things, and I'm likely completely wrong and in no way profess to know even a 10th of what you do on the subject.
I honestly hope you never ever have to experience any of it to be honest but if unfortunately you do experience the pain and devastation that the evil drugs serve up please don't try to cope with it alone!!
You will feel alone but unfortunately there is far more parents suffering through their kids moronic decisions than you could possibly believe.

Oh and just so you and anyone else here knows, saying you would give that kid a hiding. All that leads to is being charged with assault (the child abuse charges were dropped prior to the court hearing) and having to plead with a magistrate that you are at your wits end and it's not something you would do every day to your children.
Then for the following year or so have to continually prove yourself a fit parent of younger children to all those wonderful know it all departments that are completely text book trained!!!!

I sink my mind into my cars as it keeps me somewhat sane!!!
2 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #537
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes we do all have opinions. Unfortunately unless you have the 'Been there, Done that' T shirt regarding ICE opinion, guesswork and Media reports is all it is.

So please don't try to tell the parents here that it's their fault.
You better vet every posters credentials then mate as I doubt that every poster in 18 pages has a kid in ICE.

Its a forum and I don't agree with everything everyone says....
2 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #538
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

That is so wrong and so naive that Im not exactly sure how to respond to it.

I grew up in a single parent household, my mum gave up everything for herself to raise us three kids, we stopped seeing our dad when I was 11. She taught us right from wrong, the way the world worked, respect, responsibility, how to cook, clean, earn money, was there for us through good and bad (as bad as bad is when you're a kid), she had holes in her shoes but didn't buy herself new ones, instead paying for me to go on a school camp.

At age 16 my sister met another girl who was an unsavoury type but they got along on some level I guess. Soon she started skipping school for a day here and there, then one day mum got a call from the police, she was caught stealing underwear and was in a cell. So we had to go get her. Mum tried everybpunishment in the book but nothing worked, she still skipped school and stole bits and pieces from shops.

One day she ran away from home with her boyfriend and didn't call us for two days. Mum was out of her mind with worry, she sat up in the lounge room for the whole time not sleeping, just waiting. When she came home to collect some clothes mum didn't try and stop her, she just said she's tried everything and given her everything and she had nothing left to give, no truer words have ever been spoken.

That night she came home and these days she's a normal 24 year old who just at one stage went stupid. We don't know if she was ever on drugs, and I don't really want to.

So bright spark, you tell me where mum failed as a parent.

All a parent can do is give their kids the best tools they can to navigate their way through life and be there for them when they screw up.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #539
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

No one here can say they would do something when a certain situation comes up if they haven't experienced it before. The only time you truly know how you will react is when it actually happens to you.

I've seen men cower like little girls in a corner when a shot has been fired at them, what they said they were going to do was completely different. I've seen people do absolutely super human things in life or death situations that they thought they could never do. I've also had a family member say they would lock their kids in a safe room and disown them if they got addicted to drugs, guess what, the daughter didn't get locked in a safe room and disowned.

Unless you've been in the situation you have zero idea how you will react.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #540
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
You better vet every posters credentials then mate as I doubt that every poster in 18 pages has a kid in ICE.

Its a forum and I don't agree with everything everyone says....
You've only started posting in this thread today. Had you gone back and actually read the 18 pages you may find that I said something similar back near the start of the thread.

Just recently I gave up 'vetting every posters credentials'.
As I couldn't keep up with the Trolls who use the 'New Posts' area to chuck their 2c in because they think people will be interested in their thoughts, and those who believe what the media uses to sell Newspapers or TV shows .

However, I do take exception to people who jump on the 'it's the Parents fault' bandwagon, especially when they have no direct experience to back it up.