Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 05-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Default Status Update

Hey all,

I know I've been out of it for a little while with house hunting and such but sadly things have gone from bad to worse and as such looks like I'm not going to be participating in any events for a while.

As many of you know, I went up to Sydney for the Eastern Creek All Ford Day to display my car with the EuroFordClub. However on the night before the show I was in an accident. The accident was nothing more than driving on poorly designed roads combined with been unfamiliar with the area and driving at night. Basicly I hit a concrete island sperating me from tjhe oncomming traffic in Blacktown at 60km/h.

One of my wheels and brand new tyres have been destroyed and I know the RH tie rod has been badly bent. I limped to the show but I had lost all enthusiasium of winning anythign as you can imaging and then visited Jim Hunter's Susspension the next day to try to repair the alignment just enough so that I could drive it home. Jim was a great bloke and I highly applaude the results considering what he had to work with cos the car was quite stright driving home. Although there is a knock when turning hard left since the accident.

I got home and took the car straight to Ford adivsed them of teh problem and the likelihood that there are probably other components that I can't see are bent.

I recieved it back yesturday after Ford replaced the tie rod and advised that the tie rod on the left has a slight bend in it (not replaced yet). However sadly the car still has alot of camber on it and Ford can't find out why. They have suggested that i take the car to a good steering specilist tho I don't really know any in the area. Also the knock in the steering is still there. Looks like it is going to be one of those things that will never be trully right again. My father is telling me to sell the car even. :(

Anyway I'll keep working on it even if it means completely replacing the whole front end. I've got a new tyre ready to go but have not been able to source a wheel. My rims are not made anymore and I spent all day yesturday calling different places around the country trying to find somone who still has one in stock. I've also looked up ebay and such and althrough I have found some for sale, they are all drilled to fit different cars particually bombadores.

None of the wheel places I've spoken to will touch me inregards to fitting different rims because of my brakes, however I've wondered if there is such a thing as a spacer that will fit between the rotor and the wheel to give the wheel more clearence on the calipers. This will allow me to be able to fit a different type of wheel.

Now with the camber out and not knowing when I'll get it fixed, im considering putting the original brakes back on so that I can fit the original zetec wheels. That way the tyres are alot cheeper if I ruin them due to the camber and I'll be able to fit the original spare if needed.

Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Sorry to hear about your ill fortunes. I do hope you get your car fixed and all else sorted and in the not too distance future we see you at events again.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, sorry to hear such bad news. I would suggest calling in on 'The Suspension Centre' In East Keilor as I have seen them fix these types of problems all the time. It is far from where you are but Im sure they could help you out. PM me for their number if you like. They're the mob who fixed all of my front end and alignment after tearing the sway bar of the mounting brackets. They also do many alignment jobs for smashed vehicles that are being road worthied. If not, try Tru Track in Nth Melbourne. As someone told me in the past, don't give up on your car. Best of luck.

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKHMR
Mate, sorry to hear such bad news. I would suggest calling in on 'The Suspension Centre' In East Keilor as I have seen them fix these types of problems all the time. It is far from where you are but Im sure they could help you out. PM me for their number if you like. They're the mob who fixed all of my front end and alignment after tearing the sway bar of the mounting brackets. They also do many alignment jobs for smashed vehicles that are being road worthied. If not, try Tru Track in Nth Melbourne. As someone told me in the past, don't give up on your car. Best of luck.
Jack, what is their new address?
Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day, here it is.

24 Slater Parade, Keilor East, VIC 3033

p: (03) 9356 4591 (03) 9336 4195
f: (03) 9356 4590 (03) 9336 4194

http://www.thesuspensioncentre.com.au

Quote:
Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Booked myself in at the suspension centre on the 21st at 8am. Thanks heaps Jack

Old 16-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might see you there, I've gotta getta price on some parts for dads car and to say gday to the boys.

Quote:
Old 21-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Was at the suspension centre this morning and they have confirmed that the stub axle, lower control arm and steering rack all need to be replaced. I'm not surprised as that is what Jim in sydney suspected as well. Just waiting now for them to provide me with a quote for the repair and I'll see if I can go through insurance.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Sadly The Susspensin Centre can't get parts through their suppliers and as such have to purchase the genuine Ford parts. I've also been told that since I'm replacing the stub axle I have to replace the whole Hub as well and as such the quote is looking like it is going to be in the 4-5k mark.

I wonder how much I could sell my brother for on e-bay??

Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
MR_LON
ORSMT5

what about using 2nd hand parts, get a hub & put your brakes on etc
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_LON
what about using 2nd hand parts, get a hub & put your brakes on etc
I did consider it, and yeah it would be cheeper assuming we could get them. However since the bends are so small they are not noticible and could only be found on the machine. I don't want to get a secondhand part only to find out after putting it on the car that it too has a slight bend.

I've always preferred brand new for the assurance of its quality. Tho my car is looking a little second hand these days particully with 3 white wheels and 1 silver one. :(

Old 28-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #12
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

It looks like my insurance is going to reject the quote from the susspension centre and want me to get a second quote from some place called Carrera Motors in Nunawading. Sounds like the assesor is rejecting the cost to replace the steering rack.

That's going to be a problem if this other repairer gives a cheaper price because i really want to go through the susspension centre due to the good words I've heard about them.

Does anyone know of this place in Nunawading and if they are any good?

Old 30-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

There use to be one Suspension Shop that did most of the work for insurers but Carrera Motors does not ring a bell with me as being that one Shop.

If they do come up with a "cheaper" quote you can always still use the Suspension Centre but you will have to pay the difference between the two quotes.

Just always remember when making an insurance claim ultimatley the car belongs to you and you can have it repaired elsewhere but you may have to pay the difference

ALSO if Carrera supplys you with a cheaper quote you can also go back to Suspension Centre to match the quote and they will then win the business

Make sure you get a copy of the Carrera quote to view what they have quoted on compared to the Suspension Centre

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #14
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Car is booked in at Carrera motors on monday for the insurance quote.

I'm now also the proud owner of a 3 bedroom house in Pakenham. I pick up the keys in late november. I'm stoked