Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #1
*rayman*
454 Power

Default How much do your neighbours hate you?

Do you ever take into consideration how much your neighbours dislike your hobbies? I mean when you are into cars, and decide it's a good idea to run in a cam at 11 o'clock at night etc?

I used to not give a rats a$$ when i was renting as they would only be 'temporary neighbours' for me. I always thought i would become more responsible and considerate of my neighbours when i bought a place, as they would become 'long term' neighbours then. But to be honest, i don't think i've changed.

I used to come home with the stereo cranked 4 x 10" subs let of some cool bass, or tune the stereo in the garage, now i just have noisy a$$ cars. Can't wait to fire over my 454 with open headers for the first time, half the town will hear it i bet

I once left to go to work at an early 7:30 on a saturday morning with open headers on my mustang, because i forgot to put the exhaust back on after a night at the drags. Couldn't be bothered doing it at the strip, figured i'd do it when i got home, but a few beers changed the plans..... Lucky my neighbour was one of my best friends at the time. He said he his townhouse shook like all hell when i started the car in the garage next door and downstairs.

Right now i have the music cranked at probably an unrespectable level, and had a few beers, so, unless someone comes bashing on the door i probably wont turn it down too soon.

Sometimes i feel it's a competition to see who can make the most noise pollution in our street, some of my neighbours can be very noisy at times.

So, do you show courtesy for your neighbours, or are you just as bad as me?

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My neighbours are cool with it. Ive only had one whinge when I got a new exhaust on the 351, the lady across the road said her husband worked night shift and asked if I could keep it down.

Ive been doing panel work, bashing panels, using a grinder, drop saw etc up until 12-1am lately, no complaints!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Where I live the loudest thing we get is someone mowing their lawns. Actually, in the last 2 years the loudest single noise was "someone" coming to visit in a very loud XB GT.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #4
Paxton
Cobblers!

I start my 130 HP 2 Stroke Outboard in my Driveway before going out. I have an agreement with my Neighbors that I can do that, but it has to be on the side that No Body gets along with. I love the smell of 2 Stroke In The Morning.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #5
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

When i was 18 i would always leave my house with a nice big burnout. My dad used to fire up our old funny car in the driveway after a rebuild. We were only renting at the time and now i think of it i reckon we wern't popular with the neighbours. Got good neighbours now though....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #6
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Yer my neighbours are cool.
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #7
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've never even met my neighbours so thats pretty good (I've been living at this place for over 7 months). I reckon I could fire up a top fueler at 3 am and I still wouldn't hear or see them. So yeah.... It's all good. :
Old 02-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #8
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Ive been doing panel work, bashing panels, using a grinder, drop saw etc up until 12-1am lately, no complaints!
My nieghbour tried that trick with me.
sorted it out quickly, all I had to do was play kevin bloody wilson full blast once .Oh did I mention that he is a jehovah`s witness.

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 12:16 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

My nearest neighour is a few hundred metres away.
But damn does the sound carry out my area.

Bec's brother got his old band mates together and played till about 3-4am.
Someone we know who lives just over a kilometre up the road said they could here them play clearly ... there's a lot of bushland between us and them as well. LOL
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #10
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Where I live the loudest thing we get is someone mowing their lawns. Actually, in the last 2 years the loudest single noise was "someone" coming to visit in a very loud XB GT.
That the same guy who still dresses like XB GT's are just rolling off the factory floor?
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #11
The Monty
Just slidin'

My neighbours probably really hate us today. Me and my mate decided to go "paddock bashing" in our backyard (1/8 of an acre) at about 12 last night. We went in his Suzuki hatch, 500cc with no exhaust. Good thing was that it was wet, so it didnt tear up the lawn, although it doesnt look real good today. Oh yeah, we live in the suburbs of Brisbane.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #12
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

When I was single mates and I rented and were all into tuning car stereos in. So copped many complaint about twin 15"s going etc. I wouldn't do it at night but even during the day was too much!!
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #13
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

No problems with my current neighbours. They're loud - we're loud.... We're all OK. Had a small problem with music at 5am in the morning but a scream from my laundry window has put a stop to that. Otherwise, they're ok. We all get along and my street is very kid friendly so everyone is ok with all the kids running a muck in the court and doing their lemonade stands in summer etc

And I found out a few months back that we have a police officer among us and it happens to be the guy that always gives me a wave when he sees me in the car so he's ok too

We did have a very foul mouthed elderly lady and her daughter in the street and no-one in the street got along with her because she basically complained about everything she could. You couldn't even walk past her house without her havin' a go. Almost everyone in the court disliked her. I was the only one that had a face to face with her because I'd had enough of her, especially her foul language towards the kids in the street. She ended up selling the house. Before they left, her daughter came to apologise to me for all that had happened which I appreciated but thank god she's gone!!

Otherwise, all's OK in our court.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 02:20 AM   #14
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

our neighbours are pretty good, dads real good friends with them both and even the dude across the road, they dont seem to complain
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 03:58 AM   #15
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

i've got elderly couples either side of me, my sister behind me (house of uni students), a family with a couple of p platers over the road, but i've met them all and haven't had any problems we all have noise at one stage or another but no-one really gives a shizit
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #16
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All th eneighours are cool here as we all keep to ourselfs ,but we all make make noise from time to time .
But the old people bought next door 3 years ago and on moving day saw me out the front and came over to say g-day and all and then the clown turns around and say if we get any noise from this house they will dode me into the landlord .And as fast as that told him I'm am the landlord and pee off .Never see them any more ,wont even look at me when I see him in the street.
Yes I love my neighours
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #17
aimzes
...fairly odd

it wasnt long ago that only two houses in the street liked/put up with my hobbies. luckily people moved on and its gone up to 5 decent neighbours. the people either side of me arnt into cars at all so i try to keep it down a bit but if it werent for them id make all the noise in the world cause the rest are just your typical rude "im right about everything and i wont listen to your side of the story" yuppies.

its amazing what a little bit of money does to some people.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #18
crannersEL
Banned

My neighbours have been living next door for about a year and they have never spoken to us, so we have never spoken to them. But on the other side they are all good, dont mind the good old pumping of bass during the day.
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #19
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well well well ... my neighbours are tops, and they do indeed put up with a bit. Lots of drunken nights.

I do however feel sorry for my mates neighbours. His front yard (rental property) is dirt/sand. A night on the alcohol normally results in car being backed into the pit resulting in lots of noise and dust. My old 03 Mazda 323 had a really noisy exhaust, backed the bugger in and handbrake up ... first and second gear surely must have woken them up : .

He has a Kia Pregio work van, we backed it in there and loaded some railway sleepers under the tyres. Stalled it onto the sleepers and held tha van on red-line .. Dutched the ENTIRE street out with smoke (and it was wood smoke + tyre smoke). Not to mention that the street out the front of his place would put alot of burnout pads to shame.

Ahhhh, the things alcohol can drive people to.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #20
parawolf
beep beep

I like my peace and quiet, and to be honest i'm glad I don't live near you lot! My area is kinda like caspers i guess, loudest thing is a lawn mower at 10am in the morning.

I've got an old retired couple on one side of me and another behind. On the other side is a single parent with 2 kids - they are the noisiest but thats just being kids.

One of the retired couples do a regular weekend family cook up - and while not noisy, oh my lawd the smell of lamb on a spit makes me and my two dogs just drool.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #21
KeeddleZ
Road Runner

Well i do in some respects, i have the music on loud on weekdays late but on weekends i usally have my turntables cranked till all ours and they never complained. One of them did however come over and whinge about me revving the 360 in my val at 10pm on a fri night which i thought was a bit harsh.
KeeddleZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #22
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Were we are we have been here the longest. Alot of people have sold up in the past couple of years, not to mention renting and what. I start my car up a 6am four days a week to go to work and give it a bit of a rev sometimes (when it just keeps dieing cause it's cold).
not to mention my brother when he used to live at home with his 347 stroker, which i am now getting
I think there revenge is having noisey kids and mowing lawns when i'm sleeping on the weekend.
Havn't had any complaints from either side of the fence

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:14 PM   #23
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i think if i lived next to some of you guys i would have to kills yas

my neighbour does the power drill, saw thing etc on his roof at 11pm on a weeknight...that urks me coz hes a nice fella besides that

theres an old bloke who hates it when i go past his house and i give it a bit of stick. He regularly comes out to his front lawn and just watches me with death stares as i park my car in the driveway....the worst thing is that he was doing this when i had my stock exhaust on my gen 3 - and we all know they aint loud so he was a bit of a girl. I now have a custom zorst on it but i just cruise past his house now coz hes the type to alert cops and tell lies just to get me off the road
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #24
oneredED
need more boost

Well, I my neighbours are all young (18-25) with no kids. Music, drunkeness and loud cars are generallyaccepted, however the seems to be a mutual respect where-by no one really keeps anyone awake at night, and everyone seems to be concious of the people living around them.

My mum's neighbours however cant be too happy LOL. Just yesterday my younger brother decided to go for a spin in his turbocharged 1600 hilux which has no exhaust except for the dump pipe. However that wouldn't start so he drove his commodore over to it (the property is around 5 acres) which coincidently had the exhaust dropped straight after the manifolds. Then, once the hilux started, he had to hold the revs so the carby would stay on the main jet, because the idler jet is blocked... Then not long after our step-dad (mechanic, business is on the premises) decides that his supercharged detroit deisel truck needs a tune...

I must say, I wouldn't have put up with this as a neighbour, but luckily, I don't have to :P
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #25
Aeron
DJR Fan

The guy next door to me has an Original XY GTHO PhaseIII so he can make as much noise as he likes
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #26
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad I don't live anywhere near some of you guys. My sister had bad neighbours. They came home on Christmas eve once and decided to leave the camira with massive bass going full noise in the driveway until 3am. Kids didn't have a very merry christmas that year.

My neighbours here are great. I respect them and they respect me. How does the saying go. Treat others how you want to be treated...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #27
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

my neighbors are good, one side he has a nice old school GTS 350 chev project car, and whenever he fires it up i go check it out.
The other side has dirt bikes, and makes a god awful racket sometimes revving the hole out of them, but eh its fine, i 'hit em with a little windsor gospel' once in a while
Old 03-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #28
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im going to hit my ***** of a neigbour with the Windsor gospel very soon,
wont have pipes for a few days after engine goes in,lol,
but i have tried to keep noise down for two years even rent a garage to do my car work in , has made no diff to the old Pommy bugger,he still rings landlord,police and council regulary to complain,so i can not win,time for a little 351Windsor tunes in driveway me thinks.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #29
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Dont hear much from my neighbours... old italian couple. Other houses are reasonable distance away, only a park across the road...

Many a loud, drunken, punk rock filled evening has been spent at our place with no complaints.

Firing up supercharged v8s at all hours of the night, running nitro RC cars around in the backyard (little thing is louder than my falcon)... no complaints.

And if they dont complain, logic clearly dictates they must like it
Old 03-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #30
Bluefreak

My neighbours are so good, the guy over the road even scheduled the building of his garage around my shifts... Pretty sure they hate it when I'm playing with my motor bike or spend a whole day into the evening grinding and welding... No complaints though.
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post