Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 
Default Any Ben Harper fans???

Anyone going to any of his few shows next week?

I AM :

Going to the Wednesday night show at Enmore - VERY lucky to have tickets...I went to buy tickets last Monday morning (when I think they officially went on sale through Ticketek) and both shows were sold out by 11am :( Was rather disappointed, but hey - you snooze you lose!

My g/f was an absolute legend and bought 2 tickets off an acquaintance that bought a few but couldn't go - cheerin!!!!

Apparently Ben is 'going back to his roots' in this tour so that's definitely a GOOD thing

Next Wednesday here we come!!!!

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

I was lucky enough to be given a Free ticket to the West Coast Blues and Roots Festival for the whole weekend I'll be seeing Ben Harper, Wolf Mother, John Mayer and the John Buttler Trio
Old 30-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
I was lucky enough to be given a Free ticket to the West Coast Blues and Roots Festival for the whole weekend I'll be seeing Ben Harper, Wolf Mother, John Mayer and the John Buttler Trio
Now THAT'S a lineup!!! Definitely worth goign this year!!!
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 30-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are wolf mother at the blues and roots festival??
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
MattyB
I ask too many questions

Ben Harper ownz.
MattyB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

i dont mind ben harper, but i dont own any of his cd's.

if you like ben harper and pearl jam, have a look at the pearl jam, live at new york gardens dvd. ben harper does a duet with eddie vedder which kicks ****.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:59 AM   #7
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Just got back from the First Day of the West Coast Blues and Roots Festival.. Was Awesome!

Bands I Saw:

Bob Evans
Xavier Rudd
Refugee All Stars
Gomez
Cat Empire
John Buttler Trio
Wolf Mother

Was there from 1.30PM til 11 Tonight
Nucking Fackerd
Back into it tomorrow!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Just got back from the First Day of the West Coast Blues and Roots Festival.. Was Awesome!

Bands I Saw:

Bob Evans
Xavier Rudd
Refugee All Stars
Gomez
Cat Empire
John Buttler Trio
Wolf Mother

Was there from 1.30PM til 11 Tonight
Nucking Fackerd
Back into it tomorrow!
Very jealous!! Enjoy Ben tomoz!!
And who cares if Wolfmother aren't Blues/Roots! THEY ROCK!! :sm_headba

Old 01-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

yeah im heading to the east coast blue and roots fest cant wait so excited,i also know that ben harper will play with a special guess on monday night hehehe cant wait guys its a top week ,full on but so so so good at the same time ,this will be my 3 rd in a row and will be going for many years to come
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #10
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDMONTY
yeah im heading to the east coast blue and roots fest cant wait so excited,i also know that ben harper will play with a special guess on monday night hehehe cant wait guys its a top week ,full on but so so so good at the same time ,this will be my 3 rd in a row and will be going for many years to come
Very jealous x 2!!

Keep us posted on it EDMONTY!! Will be interesting to hear who the special guest is...

Old 01-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #11
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

i know who it is but dont want to let the cat out of the bag lol
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

What an Awesome Second Day!

I saw:

Ben Kweller- Great trad. Rock!!

Missy Higgins (she was good! Not a big fan but wanted to get in Early for Mayer and Harper) a real Hit with the Lesbians too..
: lol (anyone know if she's that way inclined?)

John Mayer- Freaking awesome...sooo good on the Guitar...his newer stuff was there as well as the older stuff! 75 Mins of Music Bliss!

Ben Harper- 2 Hours of Non stop regae, Rock and Funk...Musically and Lyrically awesome, the Band were amazing!!!...Crowd were right into it and the aroma of Pot drifted across the crowd :

All in all such a great weekend!! Cant wait for Next Year!!!