Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Who said Police are on a Quota system

http://www.news.com.au/national/sout...-1227038031547
One of the local guys up here in Qld told me the exact same thing.......

This user likes this post:
Old 27-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: Who said Police are on a Quota system

Weasel words, benchmark implies competition which is even worse!
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Nova 8

Revenue should have never been tied to policing. Worst thing that can ever happen to the public.
Old 27-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I love this part.........

"I want to take the opportunity to put on the record again - very clearly - that there are NO quotas. However, I, and the Executive, make no secret of the fact that we have broad road safety benchmarks."

To me thats like a Government saying "it's not a Tax, it's a levy!"
Old 27-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
zilo
BANNED

How demeaning to people who aspired a career in law enforcement, to be treated as a shareholder accountable commodity.

Analogous to telling our soldiers that they have to shoot a variable quota of terrorists in Afghanistan every month to justify their wages.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #6
Rockape
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Police are just another branch of the ATO.

Kawasaki ZZR1100
Rockape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #7
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
How demeaning to people who aspired a career in law enforcement, to be treated as a shareholder accountable commodity.

Analogous to telling our soldiers that they have to shoot a variable quota of terrorists in Afghanistan every month to justify their wages.
My daughter joined the force but was told she would be on the beat for a minimum 5 years instead of 2 as they were so short staffed and losing officers as quick as they recruit them......
Old 28-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
ms700
Big Member

Not sure what state it is, but the average time a typical Police Officer stays in the job is 7 years.....

Tuned by GENTECH 567rwkw/760rwhp

BA XR6T Tuned by GENTECH 349rwkw.

2013 H/D Nightrod Special - DynoJet PowerVision tuned.
ms700 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #9
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

What a joke. Quota = benchmark, Benchmark = Quota. Que jedi mind tricks

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #10
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

Maybe that factor is a clue to the true nature of the police force. If its run like a for-profit corporation, maybe it is a corporation. Which begs the question, who are the shareholders? Not the public as it seems...

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down Re: Who said Police are on a Quota system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
Revenue should have never been tied to policing. Worst thing that can ever happen to the public.
The argument that asks an answer to the question ' if police are not collecting revenue' - then why not allow those fines to be funnelled to a charity of choice?'
I understand at times i speed , I fully acknowledge and understand the laws - and I understand the penalties in doing so - but to be caught( the manner by which you are caught) doing 63k's in a 60 zone and then fined $250 is what ticks me off.
The other night , out to dinner in a new area - we werent across the speed limit - with no signage
we took an educated guess given the location and wide of a double carriage way and opted for 70 k zone ... We then set along the road head buried in the instrument cluster doing 65k - then all of sudden - we spotted a un marked car recording your speed.
It was a 70k zone - so we were ok - however had we guessed wrong , we would have our picture taken and been $250 short.
Whats that all about - revenue - period . Rot they spin about saving lives is rubbish. They couldnt a **** - 63k is greater than 60k - so you pay.
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
The argument that asks an answer to the question ' if police are not collecting revenue' - then why not allow those fines to be funnelled to a charity of choice?'
I understand at times i speed , I fully acknowledge and understand the laws - and I understand the penalties in doing so - but to be caught( the manner by which you are caught) doing 63k's in a 60 zone and then fined $250 is what ticks me off.
The other night , out to dinner in a new area - we werent across the speed limit - with no signage
we took an educated guess given the location and wide of a double carriage way and opted for 70 k zone ... We then set along the road head buried in the instrument cluster doing 65k - then all of sudden - we spotted a un marked car recording your speed.
It was a 70k zone - so we were ok - however had we guessed wrong , we would have our picture taken and been $250 short.
Whats that all about - revenue - period . Rot they spin about saving lives is rubbish. They couldnt a **** - 63k is greater than 60k - so you pay.
Suburban limits, I don't have a problem with. With hidden intersections, blind spots and parked cars, the slower the better. But what s**ts me to tears is rookie cops being told to man a perfectly good section of empty guard-railed dual carriageway highway (their car facing the wrong way, mind you) 2am in the morning.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post