Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #31
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default Re: Ebay whinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I assumed he was wanting to do this to get out of the fees.
Funny you mention this, I won a USB cable off eBay for a Motorola tablet I had won and had all intention to pay it but due to circumstances at the time it completely slipped my mind until I went to check my Ebay one day for something else and thought oh crap I haven't paid for that, so paid it and sent the reference to the seller who replied back I'll post it tomorrow.

The next day I get an email from eBay saying an unpaid item transaction has been filed against you and I thought WTF?, so opened it up and it was the seller I paid the night previous so I went off my porkchops at them saying I only just paid you and now you do this to me, blah blah blah. Didnt hear anything for a day.

I started another email saying you will send me the item otherwise you can refund my money and I won't deal with you again when the seller sends me a email saying we have actually posted your item, because they payment was made on the cut off date (which I had no idea about) I registered it as a unpaid item to avoid eBay charging me fees.

Item arrived the day after that.
Old 15-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #32
commonrails

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
I find a lot of buyers do not leave feet back, as if they DGAF. No matter how quickly you post and how good the item is.
Same deal here, I've sold over 100 items and only have 59 feedback score and I bend over backwards for these buyers. I post items I clearly list as pick up only, answer stupid questions that should have been asked before buying, retract idiots bids, the list goes on and they couldn't be bothered spending sixty seconds to leave feedback.
commonrails is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #33
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i buy and sell on ebay what I find amazing is how many people in the last 3 hrs of a 7 day auction request postage costs, yet they have not bid on the item with 3 hours to go....like we all sit on a computer all day long! if I list rare or desirable item I state in my description that if you are concerned about postage costs with this item you should not be asking about postage....
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #34
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati888 View Post

I have also sold a few items where I've negotiated a price outside of the system and sold that way. It's cheap advertising if you sell that way.
and i have been stung that way never again
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #35
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonrails View Post
Same deal here, I've sold over 100 items and only have 59 feedback score and I bend over backwards for these buyers. I post items I clearly list as pick up only, answer stupid questions that should have been asked before buying, retract idiots bids, the list goes on and they couldn't be bothered spending sixty seconds to leave feedback.
There are certainly some clueless people out there.
I'm selling off my AU parts (cheap) and doing ok. I have also listed some of the larger bits as pickup only. I have lost count of the number of people who have asked me "how much to post to Tasmania" for things like boot-lids and fenders.

Last edited by Crazy Dazz; 13-08-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post