Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Club of ACT > Ford Performance Club of ACT Owners Club Discussions

Ford Performance Club of ACT Owners Club Discussions General Chat

Old 16-04-2020, 02:17 PM   #31
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: XR6 to XR6 Turbo Impossible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji View Post
You can't really put the turbo on. The n/a motor has higher compression, maybe you could run 8-10psi max. Basically stock type power

Why not just do the exhaust and intake, tune on the n/a.. if you must do a cam? They will pretty much go with a stock turbo at that sort of power...

Problem is you can't wind up the boost on a turbo with your high compression engine, gearbox won't last either.

Try a centrifugal vortech on it. 8-10psi and it's unique. Plenty top end go, I've been in one. It sort of takes care of your high compression motor as the boost builds gradually peaking at top rpm. Just go fuel pump, vortech, injectors, tune and exhaust .. beaitiful
You can.

My brother is running an NA Barra with 15PSI on it. 500 RWHP on E85, 350 RWHP on 98.

Low boost is 10 PSI.

Hes looking to turn the boost up further for around the 650 mark & has sourced an FG F6 Long block to take that next step.

I may add that engine huffing 15 PSI he found at the dump, and took out top 6Cyl NA at AFD in 2019.

3rd year running in that Chassis.

But he is running a TR6060.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post